Kingdom Grimlock and Mirage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lazerwave, May 11, 2021.

1. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    If anyone is preordering this and looking to offload Grimlock, pm me :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Kind of where I'm at. I placed the order and I'll think about it. Probably will wait for the video reviews so I can see Mirage side by side. I think Grimlock is a plus for me, since I didn't buy the dinobot mold and am getting a few BW characters, so I think I'm in on this set and will just sell Siege Mirage. (But I'll wait for the Amazon set to sell out causing the price to skyrocket, ala Siege Ironhide of course)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    It's not just the tail fins, the cockpit and entire front of the jet forward of the intakes are on a different plane than the body and wings.
    SmartSelect_20210511-144737_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    It's probably all a matter of what they think will catch eyes and sell the most figures. "Megatron (Beast)" puts "Megatron" first which is the name they want to use to sell the figure. Kids will just go along with him being whatever version of Megatron they want while collectors know who he's meant to be.

The other thing to keep in mind is that they need stuff like that to help tell the figures apart when they're in the same line. There is "Megatron" at the Core price and there's "Megatron (Beast)" at the leader price point. Similar to how we had "Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime" and "Optimus Prime" in Siege.

"Maximal Grimlock" sets him apart from "Grimlock" in the SS86 line, which is handy since both are now available. It's why I pointed out the oddity that is neither Scorponok getting an additional titles in his name. Unless they don't think it's a problem and ER Scorpy is no longer available.

It's why I always assumed "Predacon Inferno" would be how they'd tell him apart from "Inferno" but perhaps that's why the fire ant isn't going to show up until after Kingdom. Because at that point, you'd have two Infernos possibly at the same price point and that could get confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta say, I love the Grimlock headsculpt and that's a great mold anyway but..... I can't stand the mismatched left/right halves of the feet and knees. The knee thing bothered me on Dinobot as well. I also think his faux chest parts need paint. They need some black to match the actual dino head and to break up the coloration of the chest. Would also be nice if they painted his faux dino eyes (or maybe not necessary if there was more black around them).

6. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hmm, not interested in mirage.

The grimlock headsculpt looks great, but im dissapointed theyre not going with the original colorscheme. And the fact the fake eyes aren't painted is a real loss here, alongside those legs. Im not buying anything in November so far, so if I have the money, and im bored, maybe I'll buy him. Itd be nice to have grimlock past and future.

I'll give mirage to my sister or something

7. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    So who doesn't want Mirage but wants Grimlock? I'll split the set with you

• Like Like x 1
  8. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upload_2021-5-11_14-28-11.png
    I haven't seen anyone mention it so far but we now have our first look at Waspinator. A couple interesting things I see are that he has 6 wings (2 big and 4 small) instead of the usual 4 (2 big and 2 medium) and his robot mode head's eyes appear to be slimmer. This could be because he is squinting but we will see.

• Like Like x 10
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mirage is epic. So much better alt mode than the Siege one, and no crappy translucent plastic, yay! The robot mode looks mostly the same though. Wonder if the head is new? Weapons are the same.
    \"orc\" on his chest cracks me up. :D  See on the G1 toy, there was an \"elf\" logo, which was a french petrol company. Mirage changed teams to Sauron. TRAITOR!!!!
    Grimlock is a maybe... I might keep him, we will see. I loved him in the Furman penned BW comic but he did not really appear anywhere else. New head is close to old toy head.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Preordered on UK Hasbro Pulse. I only want Mirage. I will sell off Grimlock. No way im buying Mirage on the after market.

• Like Like x 2
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Awesome 2 pack. Loving the new head sculpture on that Grimlock. Mirage ain\'t half bad looking as well. But it will be quite difficult to get, as with most 2 packs which were previously released under Earthrise. *cough Ratchet and Paradon Medic* cough

I\'ll at least try my luck with this set. 

12. Wayne EHP

Wayne EHP Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    PreOrdered just for the Mirage. Will sell the Grimlock. Was just never a fan of BeastWars. Although I do have an original Optimal Optimus and Dragon Megatron. I just never got into the show as much as the original cartoon.

13. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if anyone is interested ill sell the mirage 

• Like Like x 2
  14. optimaliii

optimaliii Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The set's also available on Hasbro Pulse, but exclusive to Pulse members. That's how I got the notice on this set. From them in e-mail with the link to order.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmmmmm, I actually prefer Grimlock without the spots.

• Like Like x 2
  16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

“Orc” is amazing and would 100% sell me on this set if I weren’t already getting it.

“They were Elves, once...”

• Like Like x 5
  17. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Order in at Pulse pending any reviews that dissuade me.

18. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    Wow. I preordered before looking at the images. That Grimlock is tragic. How can you work at Hasbro and make a homage without barely resembling the original. It’s a f*cking disgrace to the original. I’d get the old one if it didn’t have it’s issues. Man I’m livid. Oooooooooooooo

19. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff, kinda wish Grimlock still had his blatant Dalmatian deco but this isn’t a deal breaker. Preordered two sets, one to open and one to keep sealed like all my other kingdom beasts. If anyone needs a mirage pm me lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    you guys should talk...

• Like Like x 5