Kingdom Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Galvatron2010, May 29, 2021.

1. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

2 more fanmodes. One is a battlestation, and one is a cowboy beebop style ship.
    Overall, i went from being pretty disappointed with his play style to enjoying it quite a bit. For any unconventional vehicle mode, i love doing fan modes, and TR galvy had that in spades. I'm happy ive gotten a few out of him.
    See, the problem is, to get the canon to be in the right spot, you have to use the higher plug, because for some reason, every galvatron toy ever has a peg on the machine part not the orange canon.
    Maybe i can 3d print something..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I do like how it looks on the forearm better.

3. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

My September BBTS order came in on Saturday. Wife’s purple sharpie is good enough for me.

A5B1CF21-540F-45AB-8FD3-AA4B3E754C9F.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  4. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #1

News Credits:
    I’m looking forward to Toyhax releasing a reprolabels set for this guy. That should fix most of my aesthetic issues with this figure.

5. Cataraks

I'm putting off fixing his shoulders until i can clear my workspace, but i decided i definitely need to, not because of robot mode, but because it sits better in canon mode.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Ooooooo!!! What does this Button do?
    Galvatron button.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  7. joshimuwa87

joshimuwa87 Member

I absolutely love this figure. It's my favorite transformer of the last few years. Yes, he's about the size of a Voyager, but he's so solid and chunky. I really didn't like the look of him from pictures, his proportions just looked weird, but in person he looks great! I can't recommend him enough!

• Like Like x 6
  8. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    The hairdryer "fix" is a potential mess waiting to happen. Inducing multiple warps can mess up the shoulder joints and heat in general tends to loosen joints too.

Recently got ahold of a 2nd Galvatron, also with the incorrectly assembled shoulders. The proper fix would involve undoing 4 flathead pins on each side which is going to be near impossible to pull off without causing collateral melt damage. I have another wrong 'fix' in mind but would involve irreversible breakage (yet not be seen externally).

9. Cataraks

I was looking at the pins, and i realized they're not locked tight. They swivel as you rotate the shoulder, which suggests if you had a way of keeping it still, you could unscrew them by carefully rotating the arm.
    Maybe i can 3d print a tool to do it..

10. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I say 4 pins because the shoulder isn't enough. The two shoulder pad halves also each form half of the mushroom pegs, which are locked into place by 3 more flat head pins. Hence the hairdryer (or a heat gun) would cause major warping where the shoulder pads meet the biceps.

I'm skilled enough to undo the shoulder ones without damage and was dismayed after finding out that wasn't enough.

11. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 1.47.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 1.47.43 PM.png

b95.gif

Now if I can get correct shoulders... all will be right with the world.​

• Like Like x 5
  12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got him a few days ago, though due to family and other commitments, I wasn't able to really transform him and see what he's made of until today.

First of all, I'm even more excited for Marvel Galvatron coming from Selects, I practically check the front page hoping to see either a leak or a straight pre-order nowadays. This guy is wonderful. I had lamented after Animated that I felt like that was going to be the last great Transformers line and that budget would result in worse Transformers over time and that nothing would equal that level of "chunk" anymore. While he may not be the beast of a size of the old Leader class, he does excel in several of their arena's, especially in balancing parts and transformation; he's not simple, but he's not over-engineered either. He's got a great feel/heft to him and personality to boot.

As I posted (first) in the Amazon thread, I have the misassembled shoulders, but honestly it doesn't bother me in hand. My copy has really tight joints, so much so that it's the source of my only real nit, it was very hard (to the point I looked up a video just to make sure I was pulling on the right parts) to get back from cannon to robot mode by opening the cannon connector to rotate out the head and lower the chestplate. Also, on my copy, for whatever reason, the shoulder/edge of torso connector plates don't seem to want to tab into the center of the torso chestpiece in cannon mode, though that doesn't seem to be necessary, the hip panels onto the shoulder pylons seem to be the central locking mechanism.

Like I feel most of the people, without the wear paint marks, he'd be easily figure of the year for me. As is, we'll have to wait and make sure they don't fumble Marvel/Toy Galvatron. Even as is, he's without a doubt, Leader of the year for me.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Benzene Prime

Benzene Prime Wanted for mayonnaise abuse

Kind of weird question, how does this guy’s heft and quality stack up to figures like ROTF Mindwipe? Between the scale of an FOC figure and an old style voyager, what is this guy like? Pardon for the odd question

14. Cataraks

He's probably twice the weight of TR galvatron if that helps.
    He's really quite dense.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20210701_101833.jpg

Can I use this to remove Galvatron's weathering or does it have to be 91%

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    When you combine 2 Hasbro toys.
    Galvatron Simon.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  17. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lower the percentage the harder it is to get the apps off. People just use 91% because it’s the stronger of the two more common varieties.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'll work but I caution you! Don't put too much; otherwise, you'll accidentally wipe off some of the knee paint like I did. I was able to blend it in afterwards but yikes lol.

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Party All Night!
    DSCN5982.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  20. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram: