Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. grimtnt

grimtnt Armada is older now than G1 was in 2002

News Credits:
    Even ignoring the subjectivity of style, some design choices and plastic quality as well as hollowness were very bad in POTP.

I actually fell out of collecting for a while during that period, only picked up Trigger-happy and TLK Megatron

• Like Like x 2
  2. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Then don’t buy it, and I’m 100% serious about that. It’s safe to assume that Hasbro will re-release this figure at some point with a better paint job. I’m pretty sure, along with a bunch of other people on this thread, it’ll even get repainted into Galvatron II in Generations Selects.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

Did people forget how godawful Universe Classics Galvatron was? That toy had arguably the most infuriatingly complex and awful transformation of any TF figure in the past 2 decades, and was hideously flawed on top of that awful grey plastic they used. This Galvatron is LIGHTYEARS ahead of what we had before, and all I care is that the figure is good and that the plastic quality is good as well and not bad plastic like the infamous Masterpiece Hound debacle (please let Skids be solid too).

• Like Like x 13
  4. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Galvatron looks awesome! Not a fan of batlle damage, but LOVE the Unicron spaceship blasters! :) 
    His torso sides are an homage to Energon Galvatron; I wonder if they Transform in like that 1?

While he's definitely better than the Titans R Galvatron I have, I probably willn't get him, due to the price.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    these WFC plastic quality is nothing like Hound. Hound should be one specific case which is still not entirely solved

• Like Like x 14
  6. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

:useless 
    might not be all the way useless, but would certainly condense the pages of arguments...if ever a picture(s) could be a 1000 words.o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  7. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    I think one of the things contributing to the chest looking "off" is the waist. The purple stops before the hip skirts. The black parts between the waist and the gray hip skirt pieces make the waist section look much smaller than it actually is, which in turn makes the chest look wider than it actually is, at least partially.
    To me, at least.
    Overall, I like and will be getting this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I think I will pass. I never buy figures with battle damage. What a pity for such a nice mold. But I also like the maniacally laughing face of my renderform upgrade head for my Legends Galvatron more than this one. This mold was nearly perfect. But maybe I will like the repaints of it. But I really, really hate battle damage and will never buy figures with that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    I think this figure would look extra-amazing in a 35th-anniversary style cel shaded version.

Imagine.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    its probably people thinking of his appearance in the marvel comics. both in the US galvatron and UK galvatron screamed in every second panel, to the extent that his standard expression was bellowing in fury. if they do a marvel coloured one, they ought to give him a full screaming face. this figure, though, is perfectly fine with the face it has.

• Like Like x 2
  11. wings

wings Well-Known Member

I always thought these arm panels are so "complete" because it (Cyclonus) needs them for holding the swivel joint for the fists and allows tabbing on both side of the arms for transformation. I suppose bots that have "gaps" are those having these areas serve no functional proposes other then aesthetic value (It seems like that is what Hasbro sees as priority). I guess the main line for Hasbro is about functionality; probably you are in the wrong line if you are looking for both functionality and perfect aesthetic; maybe you should look into the masterpiece line instead (although there are still imperfection in this line also; but still probably closer to what you are after).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I usually prefer neutral faces, but my Galvatron looks like that and no other face feels right. That's Galvatron. The guy who hurts his own troops more than the Autobots do. He can't do calm. IMG_20210317_180324.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I mean, when it comes to Galvatron's face, if I'm thinking of TFTM it's a cold, calculating grim Galvatron. Not the insane leader from S3 or Marvel.

• Like Like x 14
  14. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, ok. Well Galvatron is a leader and he will be $49.99 when he is officially listed, FYI.

15. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    yeah, he’s relatively calm in the movie (he’s voiced by Spock afterall). but hey I‘m down for manic Galvatron in Generation Selects.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty much. I’ve been waiting for a good Galvatron figure(I’m 1 of the few that likes the TR voyager save for the mask gimmick which killed most of the neck articulation).

• Like Like x 3
  17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The funny thing is, I would possibly buy multiples of this mold, but only if they don't have battle damage. I would buy Galvatron II, if I have another regular Galvatron of the same mold to go with him. It would be actually cool if they repaint him in a more blueish looking purple. The purple right now is too dark, I did not like that on every Galvatron by Hasbro before either.

And I would like Energon Megatron from this mold (but remolded, nut just repainted) and I would love Shattered Glass Megatron then from the remold. So there's possibly 4 times I might buy this mold. But seeing as they will use a Megatron for Shattered Glass Megatron, perhaps I might only buy the Energon Megatron repaint in the worst case. Now then, the wait continues.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

That battle damage looks like they couldn't decide between the dark purple and the light purple versions of him, so they decided to spackle the dark purple with the light purple and make sure nobody was happy.

Outside of that, while I like some parts of him, overall I'm getting a meh. And that's a bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Wow.
    I’m not an ‘accuracy’ nazi or anything... and I don’t even buy a lot of 3P... but I find it pretty sad that ‘accuracy’ and otherwise nice looking figures that 3P offers are are considered an unrealistic standard.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

Hence why I also said in parenthesis that Skids not be saddled with the same problem