Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

@Phamduc Sorry to be a bother, but is there any way for the torso to compress slightly? Galvatron's always been a meaty guy, but never so much that his torso was wider than it was tall you know besides that one time he envisioned himself as an inflation fanatic's wet dream cause that's what's been throwing me off on him looks wise more than the low shoulders.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    No. That photo is correct. 2 side panels tab securely onto the cannon head which store inside robot torso. He looks better when looking straight to him.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Well that's disappointing, here's hoping you're right and it'll look better in any other angle. Thanks for the response though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Are his shoulders supposed to be as low as they are in the photos? Or do they sit/look higher up in person

5. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    There’s going to be a toy-colored Galvatron in Selects this year.

6. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but SS86 Grimlock is basically the Be all end all Grimlock, such that no new versions need to be made. That toy can just be released with deco tweaks and different accessories until the end of time.

This suggests to me that, up until recently, HasTak has had trouble making definitive versions of characters. It could be that was more of a mindset thing than a tech thing, but they do seem willing now to make characters as close to perfect as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pushan Halder

Pushan Halder Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow, he looks really good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Shoulders definitely look off.
    Don't know why the Revenges aren't purple. Clearly they have plenty of purple plastic on hand.
    While I appreciate giving us a nicer pic than normal leaked photos, that background doesn't help me visualize the toy. The color isn't a strong enough contrast to the figure making it a bit hard for me to really see the silhouette. Would really like to see him without the guns in his hands as well.

9. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It could also be that due to the fact they have done grimlock so SO many times, even had a masterpiece, they perfected the formula, while compared to ones like galvatron or other bots who got less figures they are almost perfect but have yet to fully perfect the formula. But we will see later on.

10. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I look at this, the more I love it.

This, a Rodimus with an actual functional trailer (something I've appreciated about this entire new lineup since Earthrise, frankly - functional G1-like trailers for major characters,) and the rumored Wreck-Gar, are all I've needed in life and I'm so happy lol.

• Like Like x 3
  11. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Ah, battle damage...the gift that just won't #### off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Siiiiigh. I'm probably gonna melt another toy trying to clean that f*cking battle damage.

13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I have a suspicion that certain figures were designed en masse, and with a certain aesthetic in mind (cr@pple damage). Most of these made it to "Seige", while others were then shoehorned into other lines. Later, Hasbro realised that such poorly-applied paint wasn't popular and were able to release subsequently designed figures without it. However, as figures like Galvatron were already "in the oven" sotospeak, there was nothing they could do.

Kudos for your imaginative use of language. If only the minority of foul-fingered typists at this site could share your restraint and mature tone. Personally, I like to use the opposite of a "near cough" (or a "near king") for the same purpose... ;) 

2303230.png

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mojom

Mojom Well-Known Member

While I agree with the 'no new versions need to be made' mindset that Hasbro is easily adopting in regards to Grimlock, I disagree that SS86 Grimlock is the be-all-end-all, given that he's ultimately a copy of the Masterpiece Grimlock with a simpler transformation, loss of design aesthetics (opaque dino neck vs. transparent dino neck with inner mechanisms) and addition of 'cost-saving' flaws (hollow wrist syndrome).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

SS86 Grimlock's neck is smoky transparent plastic and has the inner mechanisms molded on the inner piece underneath; painting over it with gold was pretty much just a stylistic choice to look more like the cartoon. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw like, a Diaclone or G2 redeco, anything more toy-style, where they left the neck unpainted transparent and properly painted the mechanisms underneath.
    EDIT: image taken from ziltama:
    grimneck.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  16. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ethan fry

Ethan fry Active Member

Tumblr:
    Kinda cool that his guns are tiny versions of his ship

18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Mustache or riots.

19. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    He looks awesome! I love that he comes with tiny versions of his ship as guns. I also really like battle damage on these figures and I'm glad to see it return here. Honestly it kinda looks like he just emerged from an energon bath or something.

• Like Like x 1
  20. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    I actually past on that version of Gears because it just doesn't look at all like Gears IMO! But I Love! Love! Love my MFT MS-16 Rocke! (AKA G1 Toon Accurate Gears). Only thing that is missing from that figure is modern ankle tilt (Which I honestly don't even really care about for that particular figure). That figure is so perfect, and that head sculpt is spot on! Hasbro would have a very hard time replacing that figure, but I would definitely be blown away if they did.

As for Kingdom Huffer the jury is still out, excellent modern articulation, but the head sculpt doesn't exactly scream Huffer to me. But the MFT MS-02 Engineer got the toon accurate head sculpt perfect IMO. I'm actually even thinking about looking into putting the MFT Huffer head on the Kingdom body. But I'm still not sure, may just roll with the MFT.