Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

Does... does he has a... beard there? A beard of evil?

2. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hes always had a goatee

• Like Like x 3
  3. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

Ah yes that, I forgot the words.

Huh, didn't notice he always had the evil goatee.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

I KILLED FIDDY AUTOBOTS!

5. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The main reason why I compared New Age to Kingdom is that the complexity of transformation is likely similar, despite the vast difference in size. Proportionately I feel that New Age is much better.

I think most would agree that it wouldn't be fair to compare FansToys Sovereign to Kingdom Galvatron, but it does achieve that imposing bulky look without looking too wide.

Too be honest though, we have been spoiled as hell with WFC and 3rd party. Ten years ago I would have been flipping out over Kingdom Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Benzene Prime

Benzene Prime Wanted for mayonnaise abuse

Don’t wanna rain on your parade bud, but Galvatron is the upgraded version of Megs, for me it would make sense if he was bigger.

P.S Holy heck Mania King was smaller than I remember, even though the Kingdom version is superior for me, MK looks amazing and no doubt would fit with the smaller renditions of Scourge and Cyclonus

• Like Like x 2
  7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Bingo! Those who took the time to buy and modify the TR version to a point where it could pass as a stand in aren't trying to do it all over again for double damn price this time...

IMO a $50 Galvatron should be ranked 8.5/10 or greater. If some people think this is, then don't complain when HasTak gets even more cheap and lazy on their Leader and Commander class standards next year.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's nothing cheap and lazy about this Galvatron and no forced people to buy the TR mold and spend money to upgrade it.

I give this one 9.0 myself and with a premium paint job who knows.

I thought the Sideswipe mold was average....but the Netflix Deep cover paint job really brings out the best.

PXL_20210322_213452524.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. Papa Zoinks

Papa Zoinks you're mother

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    in general, is galvys cannon supposed to be mounted on his upper arm or fore arm? ive seen it both ways but idk what its supposed to be and its bugging the hell out of me

10. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The cool thing about the Kingdom Galvatron is that we have the option to mount it on either. I like that.

The original toy had it mounted on the bicep. The finalized character design for The Movie and beyond had it mounted on the forearm.

• Like Like x 4
  11. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I have a upgraded TR Galvatron and I still want Kingdom Galvatron. I don’t need to behead him every and any time I want to the transform him.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I would rather stick with the TR one without that option that you need to mod or buy an adapter for.

13. SG Unicron

SG Unicron Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if the dude who\'s sending us pics of this Galvatron has any user of the Cybertron Evac mold? I wanna see how they look side by side.

14. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is Schrodinger's Galvatron. He's either cool or horrible, depending on the pics.

I expected much...much more than this, but somehow I see great potential for customization and I want one.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

You're not the only one--a few of us had pointed that out a bunch of pages back. We're seeing the same thing you are.

I think in the future if someone created some kind of extension piece, one that fits where the 'thigh swivel' goes that is all of one more ring in length (maybe two), that could really fix this figure. Again, it's certainly not bad. But it's definitely more in the legs. Plus, you can't raise the shoulders or make the body more narrow. But that kind of extension piece is definitely possible.

• Like Like x 2
  16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Splendid, I'm sure HasTak appreciates your patronage. However Hasbro's bottom line would love it even more if we were BOTH making day one pre-orders for this figure.

The "engineering", "extra parts" and "accessories" they slap in the box with a Voyager class figure to warrant a Leader class price tag is wearing thin with more and more people than you think because the reality is that these are still what most people consider to be Leader class figures:
    TF Grim 4.jpg
    Now Grimlock might arguably be more popular than Galvatron in general but we didn't see a fraction of the amount of disappointment in any of SS86 Grimlock's threads (Wheelie and that chest plate weren't deal breakers) as there are in this one. And the main reason for that is because none of those Galvatron pictures fit in with this line of Leader class figures.

And FYI, I'm didn't come here hoping to hate the new Galvatron but I'm not here to kiss Hasbro's ass when I see flaws either. And Hasbro's people who browse these threads are likely to appreciate the feedback.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  17. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Im hanging on to hope that the legs arent fully extended in the latest pics with er prime.  The top of the knee guard should be at the level of the screw hole on the upper thigh, right?

18. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

The worst pics are the ones with him standing on the black table. It blends too much with his black foot ends and makes him look shorter. I've noticed this alot now.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

Someone else very well could do those thigh extensions and possibly new flank pieces to slim his torso along with bigger/more off-center mounted shoulders in an upgrade kit (I'm thinking DNA Design or something) post figure release.

There will always be a market like that to cater to. Take what you will.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

The fact we got a Leader Overlord (and one that turned out to be good, no less) at all still pleases me to this day. Who would have seen that coming in the days of say, early Bayverse?

• Like Like x 1