Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. In my headcanon Galvatron is the most physically powerful with near limitless reserves and strongest of all the Transformers outside of a Titan. He literally has the strength to tear another Cybertronian in half with his bare hands. Thus I don't mind a bulky Galvatron.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Comes with a smirk! Ok, as long as I don't view him straight on, this is simply astounding and $50 well spent. Someone at Hasbro call me now for my cc info.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    No pics yet

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alottamatteo

Alottamatteo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Y'know, really comparing this figure to the animation model, I think the proportions are thrown off not so much by the actual size of the body parts, but how small the hip/groin area appears due to the colouring. It looks pretty dang close to the animation model, with the hands stopping about the same height up the legs. If the torso was just a few millimetres thinner on each side, and the waist area was more pronounced, I doubt there'd be many complaints.

He really does look quite good once you really break down the actual proportions, just a bit wider at the shoulders.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    slightly angry B116B8F6-1F7A-443D-8DB0-0A8668012FA8.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it weird I want the Mp in that color:) 

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Scale of production plays a huge factor into cost. Hasbro vastly out produces third party. They can do it cheaper than most anyone else, have the means and relationship with big box vendors to have them everywhere (as they should, it is their IP).

Not to mention that the fit and finish between the two is night and day. New Age stuff, despite the size, is premium. Most of their stuff is painted. No waffling or massive gaps. But despite all of that,the core design of New Age's offering is still better proportioned.

[​IMG]

What did I say that was so offensive?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Hmm.... So far this is the best picture that I've seen of him. But it's 1 out of 7 pictures.

[​IMG]
    I'm going to be honest. I don't even like this version of Optimus in bot mode. Hell, it's legs look longer than Galvatron's. So if I would've lucked up and found him at Ollie's he would've remained in alt-mode and I would keep SIEGE Optimus in Bot since I wiped that bird poop off of him years ago. And maybe if Galvatron's pylons and shoulders could arch up a quarter inch more he'd be a lot better. But he still isn't worth 1 of my $50 Amazon or Target gift cards.

• Like Like x 5
  10. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Playability is absolutely a good point. Hasbro has improved their designed lately while still catering to kids. I don't make any arguments against that when it comes to 3rd party Legends figures. Just that New Age, in particular to their Galvatron, did better with their proportions.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Might have to draw an example to explain but I think what throws off the look for me in robot mode is the chest. Looks like the angle at the top is too high up and this might be coupled with the torso being too tall. I dunno. Would shoulders with the pin side facing forward address this? I dunno. I don’t doubt that they might but I’m surprised that the few fans who have this and posted pics haven’t posted a pic like that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alottamatteo

Alottamatteo Well-Known Member

Wondering the same thing. If it really made a difference, you’d think there would be photos by now.

13. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I have been thinking this since the first pictures, but NA Galvatron's upper body is too small for his legs IMHO.
    Fanstoys are the only ones who managed to make a Galvatron with perfect bot mode proprtions.
    I'm not wild about the way Kingdom Galvatron looks, but I prefer his proportions to NA's offering.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since we're comparing Newage to Kingdom now.
    00B22A52-4782-478F-BE2E-FEF190074EB3_1000x.jpg upload_2021-3-23_9-49-58.png

Still not really a fair comparison imo. I like the look of NA more but it's comparing a figure with it's own budget vs a figure who has to share the budget with the rest of the line. A more fair comparison would be comparing him to previous mainline Galvatron's but Hasbro hasn't been putting as much into the mainline as of late until WFC started (thus why you haven't heard much of 3rd party CHUG anymore).

• Like Like x 14
  15. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I love how people are saying NA is better but the shoulders are lower on him than kingdom, which is the main complaint

• Like Like x 9
  16. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main complaint is that the shoulders are too low in addition to the chest being too wide. If the chest was thinner or the shoulders were higher it would have been much of an issue. At least for me anyway.

• Like Like x 9
  17. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Galvatron's head is also a tad big (imho).

• Like Like x 7
  18. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

I still think Kingdom Galvatron just needs slightly longer legs (and feet). It's not a perfect fix, but it seems the most doable.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, the shoulders themselves aren't extremely low, but the other proportional issues bring attention to and exaggerate that lowness.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Newage Darius looks great, if a little anemic. Not saying all Galvatrons have to be as chunky as the Kingdom one, but he just doesn't scream "one of the strongest Decepticons" to me the way their Agamemnon does. Ultimately I think both Galvatrons have aspects that look better on one than the other.

I can see that, maybe the dome part of his helmet could be just a hair shorter. Still looks great as a whole to me.