Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I think the general consensus is that the purple paleotrex represents megatrons purple mace. I doubt megatron is gonna turn into megatron lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    With the writers of this show, nothing would surprise me haha. Also, that consensus makes no sense. We got Megatron's purple mace in the centurion pack and Paleotrex's head is Primal's mace.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I still have the older figure, I'm very familiar with it. It's hopelessly gimped by a forced gimmick, and has several other unrelated issues. It's the embodiment of awkward. But which figure has better proportions? Which one has better hip and shoulder placement?

[​IMG]

Which has a more impressive altmode:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kingdom Galvatron? Perhaps. I'm sure it'll seem better in hand, I'm sure on balance it has the edge.
    But it shouldn't even be debatable. I'm just surprised that it doesn't blow that figure out of the water more thoroughly and incontrovertibly. It should have been no contest.

• Like Like x 8
  4. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Howdy!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime is taller than ER Megs though.... plus Warden said Rodimus is in scale with Prime which doesnt mean the same height so he and Galvatron should be pretty close.

Screenshot_20210326-201807_YouTube.jpg

Also Prime comes up to roughly the same place on Magnus as Galvatron appears to.

Screenshot_20210326-203412_YouTube.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  6. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I said "about" the same height. Not exactly. And in order for Warden's comment about Rodimus' size to be accurate, it has to mean Optimus and Rodimus are the same size, because that's how big the two are supposed to be.

Besides, we anyway know how big Rodimus is going to be based on the comparison picture of him and Hot Rod.

7. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

That atrocious head gimmick pretty much canceled out all the positives of the base TR/LG Galvatron mold, which is a shame because it does do a fair bit right. Super Megatron (and Open and Play's Big Cannon, if you're open to 3P) both eliminated a lot of the weaknesses while keeping the strengths and IMO both turned out to be superior figures compared to their starting point.

• Like Like x 6
  8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Titans Return did a few things right, don't get me wrong, I didn't just throw him out just cause new version. He has a very good updated, almost there IDW look to him that on a figure with a higher budget might have accommodated those gimmicks better and shined through. But I think if you lose those 80's shoulder pads I'm not sure his arm placement is any better, it's still based on the same original Galvatron design that the Kingdom version captures more accurately. He just has frumpy shoulders.

But anyway, I see not being able to blow the old toy out of the water as less an indictment on the new figure and more just recognizing that the old one had problems but wasn't so bad. (I mean, he's still going into the storage bins once I get Kingdom Galvatron, but he'll be remembered and live on through his big brother Super Megatron on display who is not such a bad bad guy.)

Agreed, both show that with the right budget that figure could have been saved.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be that weirdo that has no issues keeping TR Galvatron despite the flaws cause I admit there are things about TR Galvatron that I like intrusive gimmick aside. That being said I'm more then willing to pick up the Toy colored Kingdom Galvatron to act as Galvatron II on my shelf cause how often do you see a new Galvatron that's colored like his original G1 toy?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if thats the case then Galvatron and Rodimus will be roughly the same height then as Prime hits the same point as Galvatron does on UM.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    The difference between absolutely nailing it and doing a workmanlike job can be down to just a few millimeters in the right or wrong direction. Sometimes less. It can make it look like it's really got it together.

From all indications, this is a figure that gets all the basics right, which is a lot, but not so much the subtleties.

13. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

I thought the purple Paleotrex might have been a reference to Beast Wars when Megatron scanned earth for his alt. mode and found the T-rex fossil. It was purple in color during the scan (or the purple references BW Megatron's purple). Iunno

• Like Like x 1
  14. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    No he doesn't. Megatron is shorter than Galvatron by almost a head. Optimus and Megatron are about the same height. And Rodimus looks to be about the same height as Optimus.

Hell, Titans Return Galvatron is about the same size as Kingdom Galvatron, so we can make this comparison right now.

[​IMG]

It's not perfect, but it gives an idea of how they're going to look together.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It is not debatable to me.
    One is very hollow the other jam-packed with transformational joints.

163523531_4058581157534143_5893404122910133652_n.jpg

One is crippled with terrible integration of the headmaster gimmick the other has very detailed wonderful looking head complete with collar.

GvOQffjJ454xaIUOSb_x9uuj7zzFyU-j6zvqUjwaA5A.jpg

B116B8F6-1F7A-443D-8DB0-0A8668012FA8.jpeg

One is more accurate in both modes.

image0-2.jpg

upload_2021-3-23_9-48-45.png

ESXhhst.png

I don't understand how this can be debatable.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 29
  16. harrisongibb

harrisongibb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve had my doubts about some details at various points but I’m all in. Let’s do this, ASAP.

• Like Like x 3
  17. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

It's just that TR Galvatron is a good figure despite some of the gimmicks he's saddled with. Pretty sure no one is saying he's the better toy. If anything he set the bar a little higher for this Galvatron than what other characters had to contend with. TR Hotrod, Kup, and Scourge are a joke compared to their respective replacements. This figure definitely has bigger shoes to fill, as it were. Maybe that somehow makes him seem less impressive?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Those are not the points I was debating. Of course it is more screen accurate. That's the design brief that applies to every figure in the line. Of course it has a higher parts count. That's a function of designing a voyager scale figure on a Leader class budget. It's supposed to be better. It has had every advantage.

You can point out the problems with the Titans Return figure, I thought I did a good enough job of that myself. It's an acceptable standin, but quite unsatisfactory in many respects. I'm not giving the new figure bonus points for having a fully rotatable head, that's a given. I'm not sure why you degraded the quality of the comparison Titans Return botmode next to a high quality image of the Kingdom version. The figure has been out years, we don't need low grade images.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry the first time I saw TR Galvatron I was not impressed. The head alone ended any curiosity I may have had. To me the chest and knees which are very prominent look odd. Infact, other TR molds implemented the head gimmick much better.

But I didn't comment on it then, seemed pretty obvious what the flaws are.

Presenting TR Galvatron as some sort of bar to reach just seems rediculous to me. It failed at the most important part for me and for it's gimmick. The head.

Let me add, it's transformation isn't amazing either, it is not Prime Vehicon or anything.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Well that and we’ve been hearing about how awesome it would be. Immediately prior to the leaked pictures, I think it’s realistic to say that most of us who kept up with the rumors thought this would be the definitive mainline Galvatron toy. Lesson learned for me.

However since then, there’s been comparisons to 3p figures and Japanese collector figures from other lines that cost substantially more due in part to economies of scale/much lower production runs(not excuses, I’ve seen some of the numbers, mainline Transforners are more exponentially produced than one would think). Then we hear this thing is a bargain in the age of increasing prices.

You can write me off as a hater but I don’t hate this toy. In fact, I wanted it and have wanted a fully articulated GOOD mainline Galvatron ever since the 2008 ultra class one was cancelled. The deluxe was one I’d rather forget about. The TR voyager was cool but I still wanted something better. And to further the point, I don’t buy 3p Legends that cost $50-75+ and I don’t think most of us in this thread do either. So I think expectations of this toy have been reasonable. Most of the toy looks good to me but the few things I don’t like stick out. I’m not expecting perfection, I’m not expecting levels on par if not greater than MPs. I expected(going by the hype) that this would be THEE CHUG Galvatron and that the only other one I’d probably want would be the rumored G1 toy colored version. I think this is a realistic expectation even if I hadn’t read the leaks prior as Hasbro/Takara have been making some of the arguably best updates to G1 characters in the WFC lines.

The irony of all the hype and defense of this Galvatron is that it left me less excited, less convinced. I still look forward to its release to see how it turns out. Maybe there’s something we aren’t seeing yet(like those pinned shoulders facing forward in robot mode as Pixelmaster mentioned). In neutral stance I was underwhelmed. Where this figure showed its potential so far is with its cannon mode and when posed in robot mode.

Hopefully build quality is superb but this is another situation where I’ll just have to see for myself.

• Like Like x 6