Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 273 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Kremzeeks

• Like Like x 1
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. In simply terms, it's saying that there's issues with the range of the spectrum that an eye or sensor can register, so it compensates by "bumping" the colours that it can't "see properly", to the next colour that it can.

I would absolutely be open to the possibility, but if you take a picture and the colours are different in the same way every other pictures I've seen so far (aside those that the person stated that they messed with the settings/colours (shopping it) to try and "fix" it or the likes, odds are that you're just not able to see the actual colours as they are. Note that it's estimated that around 10% of the population has a form of colour blindness, and it can be very minor and limited to very specific hues. If you have trouble with certain tints of yellow, someone else can have a similar issue with some tints of blues, etc. it can be really specific. And possibly the person in charge had the same issue and they simply pushed production through on his word? It's a really strange thing, as Netflix Bumblebee and Tigertracks that just came out are fine... you can still tell the paint from the plastic, but it's very close and you have to really look, just like Cyclonus painted and plastic purple... the hues are just a tiny fraction different and more easily seen under certain lighting.

Note that for Sunstreaker, I've seen a few beside mine (in stores and such) and they are all the same.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Urizen123

Urizen123 I toast, therefore I am.

Felt inspired by this latest set of images to try my hand at a quick G1 toy digibash!

Kingdom Galvatron [G1 Toy Digibash].png

• Like Like x 35
  5. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys guys, the yellow can be more and less obvious under different lighting. In my low lit house in the afternoon with shades closed, the yellows match perfectly, in my theatres dressing room with lights that mimick the stage lights, the mismatch is godawful. In direct sunlight it's what I see in pictures. Don't go into colorblindness or sensor sensitivity or all that. I'm my experience it's 100% based on lighting.

I'm with Murasame where sunstreaker in my house 90% of the time, the yellows match perfectly

• Like Like x 4
  6. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    jeeeeeez! The literal salt is just so evident with your posts. :/

Say what you really feel. Just admit you want a carpon cookie cutout precise sunbow 86'Galvatron already. :lol  FansToys has ya covered as does Newage.

• Like Like x 2
  7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trust me we will never get a gun version of Megs. Well G1 inspired. Galvatron was the more likely choice. Though I am amazed we have not gotten a reissue of the G1 figure yet.

8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think about this..

crap light = can't see the difference
    proper light = it's bad

That's basically anyone.... the darker it gets, your eyes shifts to a b/w "mode" and the colour range gets reduced. That's how vision works.

The point isn't "lighting condition" (I had stated that anyways btw), it's: are the colours off... and the answer is simply yes, yes it is, even you just confirmed this. It shouldn't be a debate, it's a given. Those that don't see it, just don't see it as per what I've stated and not be offended by it.... we should move on already.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron/Megatron was always my favorite character 2nd was Star Scream. I love the look of this new toy. Cant wait to buy 4 , two for my kids and 2 to give away to my grandkinds in the future LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    The Galvatron mold was rereleased once by Takara back in the mid-00s, but Hasbro didn't bring it over back then and I don't see them doing it now for various reasons, most likely involving the cost of remaking a larger toy with electronics.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

always loved this color scheme as GALVATRON 2 or whatever. Will be buying this color scheme as well for my kids as a clone of Galvatron in Unicrons third comeback !

13. C16

C16 Space Nomad

My only issue with this figure is that he's going to be taller than Rodimus, and he's the wrong purple. And I don't see them releasing a Leader class figure with only a hue adjustment, at least not without doing something stupid like covering it with obscene amounts of damage damage for the Netflix line or something.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    If you gave him the lower legs of the Titans Return version, he'd be about perfect.

15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know what the "right" purple is anymore, I think it's entirely up to opinion at this point, but I really think that shade in that picture is fine.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think he will be taller than Rodimus though as hes easily a chest and a bit bigger than Hotrod so prob around the height of this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. C16

C16 Space Nomad

That picture I posted is with his color adjusted, so what you think is fine is not the real thing unfortunately.

We already have a picture with Hot Rod and Rodimus in the same shot. From that, it's easy to make comparisons and see that Rodimus is going to be about ER Optimus' height. And since we know Galvatron is taller than ER Megatron (who is about the same height as Prime), it's looking like Galvatron will be taller.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He's going to be a bit taller than Rodimus.

Although the height works more for the toy colour repaint imo.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [/QUOTE]

You’re right! I was about to post the exact same thing but decided to go a few pages back and came across your post

This Galvatron will only look good in dynamic posts and will look bad in a straight vanilla pose (standing er, heroically).

The issue is the triangle like pieces which the arms are attached to : they jut out too much from the main body IMO.

Beat me to it! Wanted to mention something about Target : 2006 in one of the vs Magnus pictures!

20. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

• Like Like x 3