Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Seen a decent pic, the proportions aren’t as bad as the early IG pics and it is similar to the ones where someone posed him with Magnus. A little manlet ish but not Warwick Davis in a purple suit

It’s not the cure for cancer or the literal second coming of Christ but if you can live with ER Prime’s proportions you can live with Galvatron

• Like Like x 22
  2. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

im a bit torn on that as the pop culture shock statues looks fantastic but the generation selects 35th anniversary look terrible grimpcs.png scream.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

Agree. Simply outrageous that these iconic characters are being systematically destroyed without any thought as to what us collectors are owed by patiently waiting decades for proper collection pieces. Another huge blow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please tell me quickly this is a joke or the ignore button is going to be hit fast

• Like Like x 18
  5. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Those Omnibuses make a great background.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:

Photo appears to be not found there, buddy.

7. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Suddenly, some of the design choices are making me think of this fellow...
    945F240A-BECC-4B16-9758-BF75DFB497AE.jpeg
    -A.S.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime You shall not pass!

News Credits:
    Goddamnit, these are children’s toys. Children’s toys. NOT collector pieces. You want that shit, 3p’s right over there.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm taking a step back also. I'm not leaving the thread... but this is not something worth arguing about. I like what I'm seeing, so do others; and there are those that don't. And that's fine... while I believe this thread would be in a better place if that badly shot photo wasn't posted, well it was... and ultimately it's insignificant. In a month, it won't even matter anymore within this very thread.

So let's turn down the temperature. If we're going to debate the figure, let's debate the points... not the personalities (that goes for all sides, double and including me... because I made some posts that I regret, too.)

On that very note... I'm seeing the non-Masterpiece Galvatron that I've always wanted. When he's released, he'll be posed at the very feet of Haslab Unicron, flanked by Cyclonus and Scourge. I am very much looking forward to it. If this isn't the Galvatron you've always wanted, well I doubt it will be the last Galvatron figure ever... I hope you get the one you always wanted. I'll always be up for one that's better, too.

And now I'm going to go watch "Babylon 5" on HBO Max with my wife.

Galvatron Model 1.jpg Galvatron 9.jpeg Galvatron 17.jpg Galvatron 18.jpg Galvatron 20.jpeg

• Like Like x 22
  10. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Now this here was a fun Galvatron to pull down and mess around with. Proportions and gimmicks might have been hit or miss for some but there's no doubting that as an actual toy for kids it (and a lot of other figures from that era) hit the mark dead on.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Doodlebliss

Doodlebliss Hardly in disguise, Maybe more than meets the eye?

I don\' really see the need to take this all so personally.  Third party and upgrade kits have always found ways to make these characters shine. Besides, there will always be a new galvatron a few years ahead.  I\'m just hopeful we\'ll get more original takes of these characters; or even new characters soon.  

• Like Like x 2
  12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    For those who say the KG vs. TR shot is photshopped, I'll drop in my own comparison shot. Siege/Kingdom Ultra Magnus is about the same height as TR Galvatron (at least with the Toyhax helmet) so KG is similar in height to TR.
    20210324_010539618_iOS.jpg

Just reinforces my initial opinion - between the similar height and having half as many modes as TR, Kingdom Galvatron just doesn't strike me as being worth twice the price.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Well I mean one is an incredibly expensive statue aimed at faithfully recreating the look and presentation of the cartoon cel animations with deliberate sculpting and paintwork, and the others are inexpensive redecoes of toys that in no way emulate the original animation, nor have fully committed decoes beyond a few artificial reflections.

• Like Like x 6
  14. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

I'm having mixed feelings now. That initial image where he's holding the two guns looked great but these recent ones really do start to look odd. The two with Ultra Magnus are not bad, certainly better than the ones with the big head and short legs, but head on shots are starting to look a tad off. I'm at a loss as to where the images are going so wrong? XD Is this just one of those figures that's rather hard to photograph? Makes me wonder. I suppose I'll just have to wait for more images and maybe some video to make a decision here. Worse comes to worse, I suppose I could hope for a Studio Series figure someday XD

15. City Commander

City Commander Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come on guys, i can't believe a lot of you are blind. Don't wanna be rude but look at this image (stop with lens distortion excuses now) and watch Megs...he has right proportions like BW Megs and Scourge BUT that "thing" behind you call Galvatron still hilarious as hell with his low, stubby shoulders and fatty chest.

164740680_289071932787852_4621302503373231456_o.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    God I wish that were me.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    :thumb 
    It's your hobby the way you see it, so hold to your opinion and your wallet the same way most hypocrites do when they feel the need to justify an unpopular opinion of theirs......

Yeah, nothing about that thing looks worth $50 to me which is all that matters. Convincing others will likely just lead to them posting "Blah, blah b!+ching.... Blah, blah, hater". Just stick with you're own gut feeling.

And common sense.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  19. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good for you. Now you can leave in peace while I patiently wait to preorder my definitive chug galvatron that I won't need to replace for a very very long time

• Like Like x 14
  20. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Just a Hot Rod fanboy with dumb opinions

It's fine if you don't like his proportions, but can you please stop trying to get into arguments with those who don't have the same opinion as you. Yes we get it, you don't like how low the arms are and how wide the chest is. You've made that abundantly clear. Instead of beating us over the head with the same complaints for the hundredth time, can you actually contribute something else to the conversation? Sorry if I come off as overly rude and bitter, but you keep repeating yourself over and over and it's kinda getting on my nerves.

• Like Like x 16