Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

I see what you're saying about the shoulders, it does feel like they should sit higher on the joint. I've noticed that the heavyset torso is a bit of a trend with Galvatrons, between this, the TR version, and FansToys Sovereign, and I can sort of see why. His character model's body is rounder and more monolithic when compared to Megatron's (with the starkly rectangular chest and tapered abdomen section), and you could argue that plays into Galvatron's blunt, barbaric nature (vs the more conniving and scheme-y Megatron). I know I'm waaay overthinking it, but that's the best way I can articulate why the proportions on Kingdom Galvatron are growing on me. That and the proportional weirdness more or less vanishes (to my eyes) in the photos where he's actually posed up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    We're going to need to agree to disagree. Rodimus would be better priced as a leader. Not a commander. He's not worth a commander price and certain doesn't have the engineering for it. And Galvatron, is a leader class figure, but is smaller than a TR Voyager. That's a problem with Hasbro's ever growing problem with shrinkage and raising prices. I mean, shit, they are trying to sell Beast Wars Rattrap, a basic, that cost 5 dollars when it came out, as a deluxe for $20. Hasbro doesn't give a fuck about us. They want as many people to blindly buy their bullshit with no objectivity.

And your source for this is....?

3. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

The sooner we get video footage of this Leader Galvatron, the sooner we can put an end to the proportion debate.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if the pictures do have some level of warping, the comparison shots reveal he's still not a figure i'd be interested in. Posing him is difficult because of the gaps where his hands fold into being on display in his most iconic poses, coupled with his tank treads failing to fold in half making them look obnoxious during poses and he's smaller than Ultra Magnus despite generally being depicted as the exact same size or taller when they fought. The chest still looks wider than it should be and a lot of the shots have to peg the cannon into the upper shoulder as it looks over-sized otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You want objectivity? Take a fall of cybertron figure and compare it to any current figure of the same price point. All you've stated is opinions and an obvious disdain for a company whose sole purpose is to make money.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Just took a pic of something and the proportions on it in one of the photos looked way off than in person.

FD859C40-AC72-4D02-8577-4F0A5852626F.jpeg

second pics bottom half looks way off due to the angle

327DFCE4-6904-441B-9FCD-6EFB5AD4B103.jpeg

I also think the head will look better in person. Dinobot’s Raptor head is actually pretty good, the real issue is his teeth and being designed with an overbite.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "What... what happened to me? THIS IS YOUR FAULT, CYCLONUS!!!!!"

• Like Like x 11
  8. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Refer to my picture please

• Like Like x 1
  9. BottleOfFuture

BottleOfFuture Weaponizer

lol calm down and show t-wrecks already

• Like Like x 2
  10. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice try but he isn't allowed to show figures early

• Like Like x 2
  11. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    When pictures get posted or shared to somebody, they spread.

That's just how it works.

12. BottleOfFuture

"Oh no, if I show it I'll make the thief that stole it from the factory mad!"
    We've already seen bits and pieces circulate, just show the whole thing at that point lmao

13. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

I mean Hasbro themselves have influenced the mindset of it anyways. Prices HAVE just about doubled in the last decade, no one can tell me these hollow deluxe are worth 2 times ANY of the rotf/hftd deluxe figures.

I totally agree about Takara tho

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Not talking to anyone specific here, but people who hold onto leaked info/pics and use that info to create a special club away from the rest of the forum are a joke.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I personally just think it's hilarious. I think it was Phamduc who said that people who dislike this new Galvatron would be denying the proper photos are how it really looks, and that's exactly what's happening. :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  16. BottleOfFuture

Bingo. I have no sympathy for thief enablers or their simps

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Double in a decade is good considering inflation etc its only gone up slightly in 30 plus years compared to some franchises so not all bad

• Like Like x 1
  18. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks amazing! Glad I'll finally be able to get a good Galvatron. Past versions just did not hold up to what I wanted my my childhood favorite villain.

• Like Like x 6
  19. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I hope people keep complaining about Galvatron and decide not to get him. Just means that I’ll have a much easier time finding him once he’s released :lol 

Personally I’m fine with how he looks. I’ll reserve my judgment until we get official pics and things but honestly I haven’t seen anything that “ruins” the figure for me

• Like Like x 10
  20. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I think that photos of mainline figures tend to exaggerate these little niggles in proportions anyway. In photos everything looks MP-36/44 sized. But when we get the actual figure in hand the smaller size mostly washes those complaints out. It’s very rare that I pick up a chug scale figure and say “these proportions are off!”

Even Kingdom Cyclonus, who I consider to be one of the best retail figures ever, has legs that look a hair stumpy if you don’t mistransformed the legs. And I don’t care one bit, it’s still a great figure. I don’t see where anything on this Galvatron does anything more offensive than the legs on Cyclonus. Maybe the wrist gaps. But I never gave much of a shit about wrist gaps anyway. Not even on MP-21 Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 5