Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's hard to say given that the ER mold had the following releases:
    -ER Original Release
    -"Sleep Mode"
    -Selects SG Optimus Prime
    -Kingdom re-release
    -"Netflix" Optimus

5 releases in about a year? They surely made their money off that mold by this point. Economies of scale would have pushed his cost of production lower than a one off, like say Doubledealer. Even a "two off" like Kingdom Megatron won't have anywhere near the same economies of scale.

Oh yeah, and it shares some parts / engineering (mostly the boots) with the Siege Optimus mold, which was released a 4 times on its own (Original, Animation, US Nemesis, Takara Nemesis) So that's saved costs there.

And as far as the battlemasters go, unlike Soundwave's Laserbeak and Ravage, these two new ones shared the same solid and translucent plastic. And the additional paint on one of them is the same as used on Optimus himself. So they aren't exactly "full cost" Battlemasters compared to what Laserbeak and Ravage were.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    The bigger size will go nicely with my 3rd party Optimus and Megatron (MMC). Which is an unexpected surprise that he would be taller. So I am happy about that.

As for his looks, I think he looks great! I even like the battle damage. It reminds me of the residue from his plasma baths.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still considering picking that thing up for the sheer novelty of it.

4. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have Kingdom Galvatron? If not you can't make this statement definitively.

I agree with you 100% on this. There is a charm about CHUG figures that MP doesn't have. CHUG transformations are usually easier and more fun, they handle better and aren't as fragile. I was so excited with SS86 Hot Rod, total step in the right direction. I didn't care about Siege Shockwave either, the figures looks and handles amazing with minimal hollowness. The hollow forearms on Galvatron kill what seems to be a decent figure. I too will happily pay more for the best CHUG, but best CHUG doesn't have ugly hollow forearms.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing this talk about Leader scale vs price makes me miss late 2000s - early 2010s. Big but not hollow and good quality and even with stuff like rubber tires (although I think that was just the one time maybe).
    Know it probably wont happen again unfortunately because of stuff like inflation and rising production costs without being Commander Price or more, but still.
    MovieLeader_OptimusPrime_toy.jpg
    ROTF_Leader_OptimusPrime.jpg
    You mean the SS86 Prime some members have been constantly looking for.
    TFTM_dead_gray_Prime.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Hey guys i just woke up whats the ne-
    :confused2 

• Like Like x 18
  7. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

And a weird Eye of Sauron looking paint app on his crotch that makes him look like he's heard that famous quote from Ford Farlane and thought "With a cheese grater? I gotta try that!".

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Not a perfect figure but I guess I could buy the Galvatron II version and a main one without that ugly... battle damage?

9. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New photos appeared on insta. They are still shite but you can see hes taller than Siege Megs but with the posters shitty photography its hard to say for def. They are asking what poses etc people want to see......Im still waiting on a decent photo let alone poses etc

Screenshot_20210323-131555_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  10. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

I love that the "leaks" generally occur with people that have no idea how to handle a camera.

Has anybody done a digibash in toy colors?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Oh yeah he is definitely taller. A tad shorter then ER Magnus. I wish Siege/ER Optimus and Megatron were Galvatron’s size. Ah well there is enough taller Optimus and Megatron alternatives available.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ugh. What I really want is something in between TR and Kingdom Galvatron. Neither truly emulates the 1986 cartoon adequately. I may just stick with my Legends version and call it a day. I like the Headmaster gimmick and Kingdom Galvatron's shoulder structure being a slumping V-shape just looks weirdly wrong when standing at attention. I was really hoping the latter was a mis-transformation but it's clearly not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's less about camera handling, and more about having a proper camera to begin with.

Most of this type of quick gratification photography (or showroom photography) is likely taken with a cell-phone camera. The distorted, flattening effect that warps the proportions horribly is due to the shallow lenses and low depth-of-field of those cameras. They're not suited to close-up macro photography at all.

If you're actually focused on glamour shots, that's when you break out a proper camera, or at least attempt to mitigate the harsh angles that create the most distortion on your mobile camera.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is possible to get decent photos with a phone if you know how to adjust for it when taking the photos etc on mine even looking square on it leans to the left so just adjust accordingly.

15. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That's why I loved the Takara Legends line, they added paint making the figures look more premium, sometimes did some slight remolding or added extra part, weapons etc.

Even though Hasbro really upped their quality with seige (coupled with a slight price increase) I really miss a premium take on the figures. I'd happily pay Legends prices for these molds if they get released with better paint, parts, weapons etc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the thing, is that you actively have to compensate for that distortion in close-up photography. Most people who pick up a cell phone to take photos probably aren't actual photographers, and likely don't even realize.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that explains why the ones with Magnus look better, cause they didnt take the photos. Screenshot_20210323-133758_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who gladly paid $30 for SS86 Hot Rod, I have this premonition that the "it's parts count / quality and not size" argument for each price class is eventually going to get us to a Commander Class G1 Bumblebee that's perfect in every way and the size of the current Netflix one.

• Like Like x 3
  19. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I can't believe they made him bigger than Megatron, what a fuckup.

20. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

All these \"in hand\" pics but not a fucking one of it in cannon mode.

Unless I missed it.

• Like Like x 2