Kingdom Galvatron first look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, both too stubby. I Actually thought I'd be replacing my ultra magnus and Galvatron this year. But appears I'm more than fine with the figures I already got.

So close...

• Like Like x 1
  2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i still don't get hastaks fascination with this so called battle damage that just looks like someone with a long nail has scraped the paint off , do you lot really like this shit ? because thats what it looks like ! makes a not bad looking figure look like a trashed 2nd hand figure not battle damage

• Like Like x 4
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everywhere, soon enough.

Japanese solicitations for Rodimus Prime have been up for a bit, but the Japanese prices are significantly more expensive than domestic, for the same product. Hasbro hasn't officially solicited either, yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is outstanding. Really now all that's left is Hasbro's weird obsession with giving Galvatron is colossal gun. Pretty much only the FansToys Sovereign gets it right, but that might be part of its play factor here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather it not be there. I'd really rather it not be there. But, for the time being, I can pretend it's scars from his lava bath in Five Faces of Darkness.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's a proportion thing. It'd probably look too small for the cannon mode if they sized it better for robot mode.

7. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    No one really cares for it as far as I know. It's probably back here because otherwise he's very much a large mass of purple. But it'll easily come off with rubbing alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Oh yeah almost certainly. Funny thing though is that the shape of his cannon makes it really well suited for a transformable barrel.

At least it's not the comically oversized TR one.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GALVATRON SMASH!!!

I approve. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Here he is next to FT Sovereign, who has pretty good and show accurate proportions IMO.
    Kingdom Galvatron doesn't look half bad compared to him and should definitely have a way more enjoyable transformation.
    ft16m-sovereign-04.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  11. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

These fotos go a long way to show just how great Kingdom Galvatron looks. It really evokes that crazy powerhouse vibe I like to ssociate with the character. The low sitting shoulders, despite toon accurate, would bother me more if this figure had a pronounced, bull-like neck, but the way his torso is shaped in compliments his silhouette perfectly. If anything, since he barely has a neck and his shoulder sit so high, TR Galvatron looks like he's pulling his head between his shouders because he's afraid someone's gonna slap him across the face.

He doesn't even look stumpy now that we properly see his legs, whereas even Kingdom Cyke looked stumpy from some angles ( though that was mosty just an illusion caused by his forearms being longer than one'd think). Even if you measure him by how many times his head fits alongside his torso and legs you get some nice, sightly exaggerated superhero proportions, which fits giant alien super robots rather well. It's kinda funny how the same people who like to say G1 bots just look like men wearing cardboard boxes often are the same who lose their marbles when they don't have Vitruvian proportions. The face looks great too, it looks better than 80% of the face sculpts in UT or pre-Prime Wars CHUG.

In short, the only way I might skip this guy is if they release a version with Marvel colors that isn't too much of a headache to get hold of down the line.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know in-hand will be a better visual experience, but all I can see right now is this...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  13. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The one thing I hope is that when the toy deco version is revealed, the helmet mold stays the same. I want that Marvel Comics version, not for the toy. Anyways, the toy is mostly fine. I think the thickness of the lower part of the upper arms gives his arms a larger appearance than they should be. Plus the overall upper shoulder is too rounded, leading it to stand out from the torso more than it should. The problem with the feet I think seems to be not because of the black toes, but the gray area above it still keeps going up instead of tapering off towards the leg. There may also not be enough distinction between the foot and leg, which is something the character model has but this doesn't because the foot's hinge is built into the side of the leg's panel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    FT Sovereign is masterpiece, right? But he looks great, proportions are also well.

I don't get why Hasbro tends to give figures too short thighs or arms that go down to the knees. Or both.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wow.
    I couldn't be happier and couldn't ask for more!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ianmusprime

ianmusprime Roll out to the next toy store.

News Credits:
    It looks like you can put the gun in the other 5mm port to give it a better look, more like FansToys.

17. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Possibly oversized cannon on thin arms aside*, that is nice... but I bet it's in the MP price-range, right?

*Or is that another perspective thing? :p 

18. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love these threads, you can only form an opinion based on the crappy pics if it’s positive. Crappy pics show the awesomeness of a figure but never any failings. Galvatron is PERFECTION!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    All news images updated on the first post.

• Like Like x 3
  20. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    It's not a voyager. TR Galvatron is a Voyager. What you get is an a figure of similar height with far fewer parts and less mass. It's the same thing between Siege and ER Optimus. The problem is that Transformers are bound to these defined price points because of brick and mortar retailers desires for products to fulfill certain price targets. But really what we're seeing is the absence of a $40 and a $60 price point. Let's recycle old names and call them "Ultra" and "Supreme" respectively.

A $40 Ultra would probably net you Galvatron without the Revenge and Matrix, and ER Optimus Prime without the trailer, but with one other accessory. In the latter case, this is where Netflix Wave 2 ER Optimus exists. We'd also get Soundwave with one or two minions, just like the Walmart pack.
    At $60 we'd get ER Optimus with a more proportional trailer, with Roller. We'd also likely get Kingdom Rodimus Prime without his 10 blast effects, maybe with slightly fewer parts. We'd probably also see Grimlock with his sword and without the hollow bits (what 3P addons are fixing for about $10).

It's a similar situation up and down the line. A more substantial Cliffjumper/Bumblebee esque minibot than the older $8-10 Legends class is a $15 figure. But a $15 figure doesn't exist. A $20-22 figure does. So we get "small deluxes" with extra parts that are still a little big compared to the Prime Wars Trilogy Legends class figures.

Some designs just need substantial compromises to be done at certain price points. A $20 Cheetor is yet another failure (though less so) in a long line of failed Cheetors. But I bet you a $30 one could have pulled it off. Another example if PotP Optimal Optimus. We got "pretty good" for $45. Imagine what it would have been at $60. Well worth it.

In fact we're seeing up and down the line what Transformers can do free of price point-class constraints. I think Maverick at $50 and Gigawatt ($30) are good examples. Perhaps the best ones though are the Takara Selects Seacons. All are based on $20 PotP figures, but sell for $35 with the additional parts counmt, lavish use of paint, and increased bulk to pull off their modes. They are better than what we would have gotten at $20.

Perhaps most topical is TT-G09 Super Megatron, at $60. He is by far the best use of the TR Galvatron mold. And yet he still needs substantial gap fillers (gun, legs, forearms). What would a US release of him be? Well above Voyager. But he's kind of Just above Leader in mass and bulk and complexity with the the new parts. Te paint - he's covered in it - adds to cost. $60 is pretty close to a fair price. $55 may be better.

The way I look at it is like this: Hasbro is creating "ultimate" versions of classic characters (same as it is doing in Marvel Legends btw) and broadly targeting certain price points to do justice, and then filling up or cutting down to justify it. Scourge and Cyclonus were objectively just at the Voyager Price Point. Hot Rod needed quite a bit more. Looking at the partially transformed Galvatron above, that's a lot of parts and pins and bulk. So we get the Revenge guns to help fill the gap.

I hope this practice continues. I'd rather the best version of figures within the CHUG line as possible, even if I have to pay a slight premium for it. I'm not going to cry over $10 to $20 more. This is not Masterpiece.

• Like Like x 12