Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Dec 1, 2020.
Yeah, it's really starting to concern me....
This guy is shaping up to be a really good Grimlock redeco (if that rumor is true...which I hope it is).
If they wanted, there's enough of a base that the following figures could be retooled in to TMs:
- Cheetor: The side panels, tail, and rear legs are already fairly accurate. There'd need to be a new shoulder/chest transformation.
- Megatron: The first step of the transformation is his TM form and those parts wind up in the same spot. They'd need to rethink how the dino head works, but that could easily be a removable part. Also, it already looks like his tail SHOULD come off, but it doesn't. But the tooling for that to be removable and thus show accurate is there.
- Dinobot: The legs become arms, the raptor head becomes his chest, the bot legs fold out from his chest...it's all the same. Even the toy had a detachable tail. I'd have to look where this version's tail connects, but a bit of retooling to let it stay on his back (or even giving it a reusable weapon mode) wouldn't be out of place since Kingdom has already deviated a bit (Cheetor) in terms of accuracy with regard to weapons.
It's why I think Tarantulas may take a while or come in a two pack. They're likely thinking through how to set up his bot/alt so he can be both organic and Transmetal.
Dinobot's legs would need to be completely reengineered since this feet were his dino claws and the Kingdom figure has the legs folding up in the opposite direction
I cannot be the only person that sees this, right?
So what? It's not like WfC hasn't already had fake alt-mode parts on their otherwise screen accurate bot modes already. Hell, even Studio has cheated at times (SS01 Grimlock set the tone early there.)
The Dinobot mold itself already cheats by hiding the panels that finish off his bot chest in the legs instead of only using the beast head.
And Kingdom Blackarachnia hides her beast hands underneath the torso despite the show making a point of how they're supposed to be her beast mandible thingies...
I was sort of thinking the same thing. The way Megatron transforms kinda had me wondering how they could tackle the Transmetal form if they're using this figure as the basis.
2nd picture is broken.
Please fix it.
It's been a recurring issue with wiki images for whatever reason.
- Replace the current beast hip flaps with the TM propeller panels. Remove the blasters attached to his bot legs. That assembly already ends up where it needs to be in both bot and alt mode.
- Remove the current tail and replace it with an articulated TM claw. The peg that mounts it to his arm for beast mode would also allow him to hold it on his hand in bot mode.
- His beast head is interesting, as the show model just sorta makes it disappear seemingly behind his back. I think the toy hides it in his torso, but there's no place for that in the current mold. I would simply turn it in to an additional accessory. It mounts on a retooled arm with a fist and you can take it off to reveal a full arm.
- The beast torso is interesting. The current transformation folds it up in to a relatively "accurate" backpack. But you need that out of the way to make room for the thrusters in bot mode without being too back heavy. MAAAYBE there's a way to adjust those panels so instead of compressing on his back they can simply open up and fold around his shoulders. There's probably room in the budget if instead of having to compress all of those chest panels you take some of those flaps/panels out and make them two relatively solid pieces. Shrink his shoulders a bit since they'll need to hide under that.
- Put pop out skates on his feet. I won't pretend to know ROI, but if you don't have to actually transform his tail at all (which TM doesn't) it may buy you some wiggle room to redo his beast legs to hide those. Heck, removing the little spinning leg launchers on the current mold probably buys some flexibility too.
I also won't pretend to know if TM Megatron was any bigger or smaller than his original body. But it would look GREAT on a leader mold.
never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy.
All right; give me the bomb.
Glad I skipped the Seige version. The white cab/bot mode looks way better when transformed right.
awesome and at mainline prices, love megs, primal, blackaracnia
Separate names with a comma.