Kingdom Dinobot, Airazor, Earth mode Ultra Magnus Official Pics Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Dec 1, 2020.

1. just a transformers fan

just a transformers fan "its steamed hams that's what i call hamburgers"

i know its not gonna happen but can he have the tail sword thing?

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ???

He has both his sword and his spinning blade (but without spinner this time).

3. just a transformers fan

just a transformers fan "its steamed hams that's what i call hamburgers"

yeah but can you still shove the sword into the spinner so the figure can look like his show counterpart?

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, well he must be able to, since the sword still stores there for beast mode.

5. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Attached Files:

6. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid perma pissed off edgelord

its cool that he looks like the mp and shit, but that also gives me less reason to get it cause i already got the mp

7. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    1. You might die before the MP cast is complete and only have to make it one or two more years for the retail lineup. By the end of 2022 only Inferno might still be missing. I bet they do Terrorsaur at the end of 2022. Tarantulas is already rumoured
    2. The beast mode might look better to you. I hate the MP beast mode and absolutely love the Kingdom one

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid perma pissed off edgelord

good

i dont really care about beast modes

• Like Like x 1
  9. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Waiting for bite in sales thread.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No.

• Like Like x 2
  10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I thought JP used the Deinonychus for their model...

More realistic version of the dino used for the original toy. If it bothers you so much, don't call it a velociraptor. I'm pretty sure the word velociraptor was never even on the show.

Still, blame JP for botching their pop culture representation. It poisoned the well even to this day.

11. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    This figure looks so good in bot mode, I'll be keeping him displayed like that. There's something just seems off about his raptor mode... I think it's the face and the odd hands?

12. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the lack of paint is just par for the course now, the one thing I can't look past is the damn hip joints. Why make them gold only to ruin the dino mode front?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trevor Belmont

News Credits:
    Good how? ^^ Are you tired of living, do you not care about completing the cast or is that a good reason for you?

OK

And the crotch is grey. Really should have been inverted.. hm.. I wonder where I've seen this idea before... OH!:
    1606845819-wfc-kingdom-dinobot-09~2.jpg
    Guess they always have to even out the use of plastic colours. The legs were terrible in the stock pics but the crotch was right (and thus the beast mode). Now the legs look slightly better but the beast mode suffers severely. Not sure if that was the right choice.
    Definitely a terrible choice for someone with basic painting skills such as myself. I could've easily touched up the legs, but painting those hip joints without paint chipping is going to be a pain in the ass

• Like Like x 2
  14. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Takara also, if I remember rightly, chose to concentrate their efforts in the smaller MP/collectors' market due to a smaller market (less kids in Japan), with their market now being mainly nostalgic Japanese males buying a smaller, but now more expensive, set of (MP) figures. I believe they also "went halves" (sotospeak) on the paint with Hasbro for unified releases, which is why they (arguably) have "less" paint than a TT version, but "more" paint than a Hasbro version.

However, the "unification" still hasn't really stopped TT from their (painfully) slower/trailing release schedule of most mainline figures. I'm also concerned about their release of "mainstream" figures, such as Grapple and Huffer as TT Mall exclusives (as TT Mall is notoriously less well-designed, or easy to use than Amazon Japan or other Japanese sites).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Oh, did not know the dino tail just stops.  Wow. I know the tip is in the way in robot mode, but wow.

At least the this compromise makes sense. Those hands better pack away cleanly

16. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

As others pointed out, there are times when the lighting in the show gives it a lavender hue. Which to me, makes it seem to be the same reason that Bug Bite is white instead of yellow, or Yusuke Onodera Kuuga is metallic red instead of matte red - using faded or remastered footage of the show to create the color scheme.

17. Bakuopp

Bakuopp Member

When it comes to the pop culture representation of the Velociraptor, we really can just blame miss-labeling for this in the first JP movie. As explained in the original books by Michael Crichton, the Velcoiraptors in the movies and books were basically Deinonychus before they were called such, as he had been collaborating with the scientist that had discovered and was studying the fossils themselves. They were called Velociraptors before the name was changed, just as a larger subspecies: Velociraptor Antirrhopus to Mongolia's Velociraptor Mongoliensis before the scientific and official names were changed to Deinonychus Antirrhopus. So, in all technicality, by the time the book was fully published and running, it couldn't be changed, but there was text within the book that stated such a difference in species in a conversation between Dr. Wu and Dr. Grant. (There are entire videos discussing this on Youtube, if you want context.)

However, by the time the movies came out, they should have changed the name, but stuck with the source material without the explanation provided in the book.

In all technicality, the Jurassic World franchise also called itself out for its dinosaur inaccuracies in its first movie:
    Dr. Wu: "Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth..."

• Like Like x 5
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what you're saying is that SS86 Grimlock and Kingdom Dinobot are accurate with their missing teeth? :p 

• Like Like x 2
  19. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    excellently put!

20. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd party tail when? :D 

• Like Like x 2