Kingdom Dinobot, Airazor, Earth mode Ultra Magnus Official Pics Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deluxes were $9.99 during Beast Wars

• Like Like x 2
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Basic were $5
    Deluxe were $10
    Mega were $15
    Ultra were $20.

Also, $10 probably didn't feel like much back then because most of us were kids and our parents were buying them. But I can tell you that when I was making $6-7 an hour at McDonalds it was a point of pride to be able to take some of that and buy a new figure.

Inflation doesn't just impact the consumer. It impacts the cost of materials, transportation, workers, factory space, etc etc. On top of that you're paying people to design, test, promote, etc and they get more expensive as more and more competition for their talents pop up.

Like I've said before, I don't think it's a coincidence we saw prices go up after a repaint/repack heavy phase like Prime Wars. Those appear to have been the last push to get something out the door at the previous price point before they had to bump things up to compensate for the continued engineering and paint.

There's a reason there are SO many repaints in the Siege/ER line. They've gotta find ways to make up those costs without flooding the retail market with repaints. Because that was what lead to "lost waves" and characters like Nova Star/Slugslinger being difficult (or impossible) to find because they were one and done at retail.

It's also why Studio likely was ahead of Generations in terms of bumping up the price: There were so few options to repaint/retool the various figures so they had to raise the price to make it a profitable endeavor. (And it worked, which is likely why the WfC trilogy followed in its footsteps by pivoting to screen accuracy and scale. Because they found that people were willing to spend the money on that stuff.)

It's also why guys like ER Ironhide are only in two packs with other repaints. They've couldn't deliver those at a reasonable retail price so tried to balance the cost by tossing in a repaint of a fairly common mold.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Inflation is only half the story, though. Material, labour, and development costs have risen, as have the economic landscape of toys and Transformers overall been changed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    That Airazor is one sexy bird lady. Glad they finally are doing her some justice.

Dinobot, I just don\'t know. It\'s obviously a better interpretation of the character than the original deluxe, like..obviously. There\'s just enough wrong with it that bugs me, but given the stupid price of the Masterpiece it is definitely the best option for a new, more or less accurate Dinobot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    The materials have gotten more expensive because there's more competition for manufacturing resources.

6. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated

9.99 !!!!!!!!
    Memories, misty coated colored memories........of the way we were......;) :D 

7. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

Inflation amount is just an average. Different products inflate at different rates so you can’t just say Deluxes should cost $16 based on inflation and we are being gouged on the rest. So many factors go into it that it really is pointless to compare. Just look at your finances and determine if the price of the current item is worth it to you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia and Airazor are the only two BW figures I'm interested in from this line. Don't really know jack about either but have my own G1 plans for them anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup! :tongue: 

P1040014.JPG
    upload_2021-1-13_23-44-7.png

• Like Like x 4
  10. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    The 16 vs 10 with the inflation calculator does not paint a clear picture. I saw some other responses that references material cost, shipping, engineering which right now is at an all time best, paint and other factors. The inflation calculator is not accurate at all.

The repaints are do to a few reasons. Back in G1 it was easier to repaint maybr do a new head and you have a new character.

A homage line like WFC is going to replicate this process. The cost budgeting for tooling I speculate is much higher for each design but is offset by the majority of molds being able to be reused with repaints or minor to moderate remolds. This allows for some designs that are 1 offs like the titan classes.

There is a good amount of folks on here that understand the economics of cost estimates and the other money side of getting these things done. Something to remember is this is a for profit business, they will try to get every cent they can out of you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

I hate to admit this stupid collector move: For most of the holiday season Kingdom Dinobot was on pre-order for $23.99. I passed on this.

My reasoning? Because the beast form just didn’t look right and I wanted to wait to see a video Ton Ton or Prime Vs Prime review on Kingdom Dinobot.

I’m starting to regret this missed opportunity.

12. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    as much as i want that dinobot now , i really do think the bot mode deco is... weak
    you have Primal decked on with tons of paint and almost clad his full color palette
    Dinobot... They prioritize the paint on dino mode stripe and leave almost none on robot mode. It could use more blue on the leg , some more gold details. I also don't quite like the robot arm because Dino suppose to have beefy bicep.
    But it's dinobot so , who am I joking with. Just feel like he is missing lots of things

• Like Like x 3
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dinobot still has lots of paint apps specifically for robot mode. All the blue on his sides, and face. The gold ribs and codpiece. Beige/grey on half the kneecap. The black lines on his helmet, and his red eyes.

14. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Should add to my argument. I mean the paint apps that should go to the robot mode , in this result to almost barebone robot leg and robot arms, it looks unbelievably empty.
    The cost goes mostly to the engineering that leave no more room for more paint apps , and that make me sad. I can do it on my own , yet the stock photos make me want more.
    we will see.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TV Dinobot honestly has too complicated a colourscheme that probably would not have costed out in any era. So many stripes and trim work. The OG Dinobot toy was way lighter in paint apps than this (well, Beast Wars was not a very paint-heavy line in general, honestly).

16. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    yes the entire stripe on dino mode almost eat up all the budget for paint.
    The only saving grace is some gold deco on bot mode , but has yet to see how adding paint will affect dino mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is why I keep advocating for re-releases with toon accurate decos.

Make them exclusives or boxsets if need be, but dammit, these guys (and gals) deserve to look their very best, and these mainline releases are solely lacking (IMO) in the bot mode paint department.

18. Towzone

Towzone Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, someone finally showed Airrazor with her wings collapsed correctly. 

19. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Care to share this with everyone else?

20. Towzone

Towzone Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The pic was on this post when I replied.