Kingdom Dinobot, Airazor, Earth mode Ultra Magnus Official Pics Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Dec 1, 2020.

1. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I prefer the handgun the original came with over the made-up forearm dartguns. But the transformation looks to be similar in broad strokes, more detailed due to the higher part count of a deluxe, but the hawk head is on her chest, wings on back, hawk feet on the robot heels.

2. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

These figures are nice, but they aren't on the same level of show accuracy. The Masterpiece line is absolutely appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So I've followed this thread from the start, but I wasn't ready to chime in yet.

I think Dinobot is great. Both modes. I'm honestly having trouble relating to those who aren't a fan. It's okay, your taste is your taste, but damn, this is by far the best Dinobot main-line release we've gotten by like, three lightyears at least.

Like, who can look at this:

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

and not see this

[​IMG]

As a massive step up? I just don't see it. Yes, the hands have that 90 degree angle, but otherwise? This is the first one with a proper neck. That isn't just a straight line from tail to head. The legs are way better hidden than the original figure and way more accurate than the henkai. Which also just had his robot hands sticking from his chest.

This raptor looks straight out of Jurassic park. It just looks awesome. The textured detail, the face, the proportions. It's an exceptional looking realistic* (in the live-action movie dinosaur type way, not a scientifically accurate type way). This just looks good.

I'm just not seeing the mess that others seem to be. I love the way the back of the legs end up on the chest instead of the feet, I think that makes the overall proportions work a lot better.

Maybe it was just my own expectations, but I literally wrote a post the other day about how I was 100% expecting his legs to be there as kibble in a more obvious way than masterpiece. This was actually an even better handling of them than I expected.

The hands are a bit weird, the teeth are a bit dull (though I don't expect a children's line to have a tonne of sharp points), but overall? Damn fine raptor. I'm hardcore on board. Especially considering how well put together robot mode is.

I'm currently at a point where I don't really compare MP and mainline anymore. I can't even say that I think MP is strictly better. They are just so different. I don't want mainline to be like Masterpiece, at all. Masterpiece is going for strictly hardcore screen accurate robot mode. I love that, but it can be a detriment to the toy at times. Dinobot is a great example where they need for a false chest results in having to hide the dino head and make a big back. Kingdom Dinobot isn't trying to be walk-off-the-screen accurate, it's trying to be a good toy first, character representation second. I'm thrilled that they use the real head, even if it's less accurate, cause this looks like a far more stream-lined version of the character with better upper body proportions that makes for better play.

I love my MP, but I want this as well.

Airazor is also superb. I'm not sure if the rooost mode actually works for me, but I'm glad they tried. Robot mode is just wonderful. I mean, look where we came from!

[​IMG]

And now we get this!

[​IMG]

That's just so exceptional. This is basically our first, true airazor toy. And it looks so good. So far, as far as I'm concerned, kingdom has knocked this out of the park. I'm all in for the Beast Wars figures. They are going to look so good together, and it's a wonderful way to fasttrack a more complete (minus 3) collection while MP slowly trickles forward.

Hype. That's all I got. Hype.

• Like Like x 25
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Maybe... if that's your thing. I am not driven by animation accuracy. I agree that the colors are off and the animal modes are wanting on Primal and Megs but the trade off on Megatron at least gets some much needed neck articulation in the rex.

And, this being Takara/Hasbro, I can see them repainting Megs down the line as some sort of second cash grab.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yep. Definitely sticking with my Siege Ultra Magnus
    20201202_135003.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

If I hadn\'t already gotten a perfectly serviceable Ultra Magnus from Combiner Wars, I might get this guy, but I think I prefer the larger CW version over the WFC scale. The only reason I might get the new one is because he\'s more poseable, but I really hate his baboon butt...

Edit - Dinobot's face is actually almost too "realistic" for the series. He looks weird, based on my recollections from the show. Cool looking, but just odd how out of place his raptor face looks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Magnus looks good in super robot mode and while I'm not bothered by the battle damage of the Siege version, I definitely prefer the clean look. Truck mode sadly shows all the compromises due to it being a siege remold. Having already the Siege and MP ones I'm going to skip this, but as I said previously in other threads, I'll seriously consider a Delta Magnus repaint.

8. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Probably not the popular opinion, but I thought the Universe one was perfectly fine. I was pretty fond of it, apart from the odd color choices. The mold itself was solid. This new version looks good too, but I can't say it looks better per se. The dinosaur mode is awkward in different ways. The colors are correct, but it's more expensive, so there's a trade-off. this kind of goes along with my feelings on the new Rattrap figure versus the Thrilling 30 version. I think they're both about equal, each one does something a little better than the other, but to my mind they even out more or less.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Hearing about how Kingdom Magnus was going to use a retooled ER Optimus Prime with a new trailer is making me even more bummed out about how the final version came out.

• Like Like x 4
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Meh, it'll probably pop up in Studio 86 or Takara Selects someday.

• Like Like x 2
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's a good point. Wonder if it'd be best if the next Ultra Magnus figure we can potentially get will be a Commander Class to properly do an update to his original G1 toy and look that won't be compromised by budget and design limitations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

The Raptor mode is fine, we just have limited shots of the figure in this mode, one is terribly mistransformed and the others too dark that it doesn’t show the colors good. People were saying that Blackarachnia and Megatrons beast modes weren’t good until we got better photos from people that know what they’re doing.

The hands are really flat and long, thats it! Have the fingers curve in a bit and they look like how most non-Feathred raptors should. If the hands are soft plastic then that could be beneficial too. The leg swivel kibble is the more obnoxious problem but its on the same level as BA spider modes “bust”. Just update the colors like you did for Megatron and ER prime.

13. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

Sad that cw optimus primes altmode looks better then kingdom ultra magnus

14. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Didn't know they KO'd these guys

Yeah, that looks much better

15. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happened a while back. Made him the size of CW Magnus and cleaned him up.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

I don't feel like UM is in any way a "compromise" They just took the Siege figure and altered it enough to give a "convincing" earth mode. Which leaves to be desired. Most of these figures in the line. Especially Earthrise and the kingdom G1 figures go full robot accuracy. Or at least have enough of it. It seriously hampers the vehicle mode. Looking at Arcee, UM as well as Ironhide/Ratchet. All have serious issues concerning either transformation or the look of the alt mode. Being shell-formery or clearly sticking out robot bits and pieces. If that is your cup of tea then go at it.
    I did get Arcee and have the lifeline/Ratchet set on pre-order. Basically I display everything in robot form. The look for Arcee is awesome. I can live with it. But as a toy they are lacking. I feel like the kid inside me enjoys toys like TR and CW more than these newer editions. Siege also has great figures. But the conversion is finicky at best with most of this new stuff.

17. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool. Might have to look up

18. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

These look great.  But why does Dinobot have Roger\'s (the Alien from American Dad) hands?????  LOL  

19. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    While I agree texturing certainly looks better, id argue the universe is far more slimmer and I appreciate that. My problem is how blatant the hips are. Or how the legs are. Just like aoe grimlock, I kind of just can't ignore it. And from the perspective shot, it looks like the cartoon, In that it's a squat fat dinobit, in a line of so far accurate beasts. Im sure its a matter of perspective, which makes it weird that they gave us a shot where I can literally see all of his thighs! I'm sure it'll be better in hand though. But those hands certainly won't

And personal note, I find the eye weird. Everyone else has no beast pupils but then dinobot has a really weird one

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I think they could pull it off at the Leader price point, it's just possible they can't fit that in to the Kingdom budget. Because the ER Prime cab is roughly a Voyager and I can't imagine the trailer having to be *too* complex. And it's less overall plastic than ER Prime's.

• Like Like x 1