Kingdom Dinobot, Airazor, Earth mode Ultra Magnus Official Pics Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    May have to get a Jurassic Park raptor and transplant the hands.

• Like Like x 9
  2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    4th
    Siege Magnus
    Galaxy Upgrade Optimus
    Netflix Magnus
    Kingdom Magnus

• Like Like x 3
  3. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Dinobot's not too shabby, but his robot feet are literally hanging behind his beast mode behind, that's hopefully just transformation error because that's a big no otherwise. Also, no spinny spin with his other weapon, I'll live.

Airazor seems adequate, I'm wondering what's up with the 4 tabs on the top of her beast mode as it doesn't look like anything plugs into her back in bot mode. The underside of her beast mode I suspect will just be a thick mass of robot parts.

Ultra Magnus, hoo boy where to start. Oh I know, they started with Siege and then instead of fixing any of that figure's deficiencies, they left them in and doubled down with poor Earthrise-inspired sculpting. That truck mode is so danged ugly and sloppy, especially the stepped-in section in the middle front. Even at clearance I would probably pass. But at least the photography mistransformed his backpack in single-bot mode and his belt in full-dressed mode to add insult to injury.

4. Tprime

Tprime Well-Known Cybertronian

In alt mode they look very similar, but in robot mode the trailer forms the torso and head of UM, which is different than siege. (smoother panels, no battle damage)

• Like Like x 3
  5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Some not so great angles on UM. Also curious if the waist/belt still swivels around or if that is just something everyone forgot to do in every photo. E: nvm, it is right in the back of box photo.

6. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

Whelp...looks like I'm selling all my Beast Wars and saving for next year...

• Like Like x 3
  7. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Hmm...I see Ultra Magnus taking over Shockwave as Shelf Warming Leader King.

• Like Like x 3
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Netflix Magnus isn't a retool, though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Dinobot's Alt-Mode hands...

Who looked at that and thought it was alright?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    I guess some of the problems with the looks of the figures are due to Transformation errors.

11. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    That Airrazor is beautiful. And the Dinobot... I think I like it better than the MP version!

I like the Magnus remold and one thing that's cool about it is the armor seems fully swappable between both Magni in both modes. So you can have Cybertronian Carrier Trailer and Earthen Murdertrailer if you want, and they both turn into robots who are obviously Ultra Magnus.

The WfC trilogy toyline fucking RULES. I can't wait for what's next. I hope they complete G1 at this scale and then start mining the other continuities. They're already using time travel to loop in BW, so why not use dimension-hopping to visit the other Transformer Universes? (Maybe it's time for a TFU line revival?)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. butz

butz slippery when wet

Not sure how I feel about the droopy hands on Dinobot. Looks like they can swivel around a bit, but not sure how much that'd help.
    I like the robot mode for UM better than the Siege version, but the vehicle mode looks worse. I think a lot of that comes from the trailer sitting farther back from the cab exposing more of the flaws. I wonder if there's a way to store the shoulder pieces elsewhere, and clip the trailer on closer to where it sits with the Siege version?

• Like Like x 1
  14. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

No question that I'm getting all these figures, but UM is the one I have the most issues with at the moment. All I can say is that I really, really wish they went with the original idea of just making a trailer that can fit around ER Prime. I have the Siege figure and I do like it, although I'm not a huge fan of the truck mode, but I left it in the packaging on purpose in case a new version of him came out, and that was because at the time of getting it I was already wondering if we will get another figure for him soon due to ER being around the corner. Before Siege, I planned on getting the CW version, but then I decided I didn't want the IDW look.

Not only does the truck mode look sort of ugly IMO, but it still lacks functionality in that it's not an articulated trailer, and I think the original idea could've solved that. I still think these are (arguably) UM's best CHUG figures overall, but for me this is a similar situation for ER Arcee; great robot mode, but awkwardly-designed vehicle mode that could've been better.

• Like Like x 8
  15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Looking at Airazor, sure seems like the template for Terrorsaur. Similar to how you could adapt the Cheetor mold to Tigatron. Both would just need to be enlarged to fit the character.

And the reason people need to accept that is because "screen accuracy uber alles" is the new maxim. Had they been fine with new takes on the characters it's possible that doesn't happen.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Lol, I love the limp wrists on Dinobot.

17. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Oh my god, they're both so beautiful. Airazor looks phenomenal (I like the unoffical "Horus" mode there) and I want to have that Dinobot's babies.

• Like Like x 2
  18. The WASPinator 3000

The WASPinator 3000 Random weirdo

Dinobot's dino mode hands are a bit sad, however, I can see where that's necessary for how he transforms. If you look closely at his sides, you see where they're folded up in/on his back. So, I can forgive it. And maybe if you have them pointing inwards a bit more it'll look better for beast mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    I think the reason Dinobot's raptor hands look a bit odd is that the fingers are just flat rather than curled inward, I guess they were going for anatomical accuracy but it falls a bit flat when the fingees are completely straight, otherwise he looks amazing.

Airazor looks great as well, both are definite buys. Kingdom's so exciting!

• Like Like x 2
  20. PrimalMotive

PrimalMotive Machinima's super-star!

Instagram:
    What the hell is that behind core Magnus?

• Like Like x 1