Kingdom Deluxe Wave 4 found at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ApocalypseThruster, Sep 13, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    Are you able to scan their barcodes with the Walmart, Target, and Amazon apps to see if anything comes up?

• Like Like x 1
  2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Considering I don't have any of those apps, no?

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good.

Back on topic...

Trying to find new stuff is a nightmare, right now. Forget the lack of stock and the pandemic for a moment. (That's a given, let's just sidestep it for now.)
    Between Hasbro not officially unveiling these things, the lack of pre-orders, and now Walmart has drastically changed their app/site for the worse... It's becoming an absolute pain to buy any of these. Can't rely on Brickseek (things are blocked again), can't use Popfindr half the time, and the store's own apps don't properly report stock levels.

So, how the heck are you supposed to do this, again? I'm really, really getting to the point where I'm considering calling it quits. I want Legacy stuff, I want to finish Kingdom, but I'm so tired of having to dodge the public, run through heavily infected stores, only to come out empty-handed because they don't even know if they have it regardless of what the app says...

It would certainly help if Hasbro would advertise and allow pre-orders. It's a new world, right now, it's time for them to adapt to it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    Would you consider downloading them to check it out? I just noticed my old Amazon orders for Shadow Panther and Waspinator have been updated with pics, but it looks like they're from CMDStore who claims to have stock.

You can thank PS5 scalpers for why Brickseek and Popfindr are locked out. Between their servers getting hammered by bots and people using those apps as an excuse to harass store employees who wouldn't (or couldn't) pull stuff from the back I don't blame stores for locking down their APIs.

But like I said before, they don't *need* to advertise to us because we're already so connected we already know what's coming and where it is. And they're advertising to kids who use TV and online media. And no amount of advertising is going to change the fact the biggest issue right now is distribution. There has been a relative burst of Hasbro product hitting shelves in my area this past week. It hasn't been *new* product, but there's finally stuff getting to stores. This aligns with earlier statements from Hasbro that their focus has been on getting product to shelves. Which is more important at large than ensuring a small fraction of the customer base that we make up is appeased with brand spanking new stuff.

Because it's not just collector's who get burned by the lack of stuff on shelves. The difference is we know where to go and find it. Kids who want this stuff are the ones who'll benefit regardless of what wave gets to shelves because they don't have the knowledge *or means* to "hunt" like the fan community would.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't blame the stores. Between not knowing what they carry (Walmart never really has, they just know it gets butts in the door), staff not working (legitimate reasons or otherwise), and shipping issues... I don't blame the stores at all. (I do blame them for not doing right by their employees, though. Another discussion for another time in another forum.)

But we don't know. Sideswipe's info was leaked, but we didn't know where or when his release would be and he just randomly started showing up at Meijer stores across the Midwest. Wave 4 Kingdom just randomly pops up and waves have been shifted and split so they're now 4 and 5. It's a mess and one Hasbro could help with by just saying "yes, here's what's coming and here's when you can buy it". I'm not in the mood to be excusing Hasbro for not having more info available. SS Sideswipe (which is a highly coveted figure in Bayverse circles) just showing up with only one retailer and no heads-up? Not fair to a lot of consumers/collectors.

No letting Hasbro off the hook on this one. People shouldn't have to guess and pay scalpers to obtain figures that should be obtainable with a click or two. Jolt and Bumblebee just randomly showed up on Pulse this past week, no warning, just "BOOM! HERE YA GO!"

• Like Like x 4
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    I'm not excusing Hasbro, but I can see what's happening. As far as "fair to consumers" ... we're already miles ahead of the general audience. Because they don't check stuff daily, mostly because they don't care. They shop based on what they see in stores when they look. Kids have stuff they want, but they're also impulsive and will change their mind quickly if something they also like is there. We gotta stop looking at ourselves as the average buyer, that's why I made a point about how the difficulty finding ANY product this past year is only a concern if you're a religious follower of the brand who knows when and where to find stuff ASAP rather than general audiences who's greater concern is the inability to find ANYTHING regardless of when it came out.

The world is changing, but only for people like us who are so tied in that "an annoucement" without POs is pointless.

Back when I was a kid, I was naive enough to think that a new character debuting on BW meant that toy was going to be available the same day. And because the internet wasn't readily available yet most of the time I found out about new toys it was because I saw them on shelves.

Jolt and Bee were both announced previously without any preorders. So it's a perfect example of what people seem to want (announcements even if there's no POs...followed by random POs going live) So which do people want? Empty announcements with no PO? Or would you rather just wait until the POs are available and have the announcement come then?

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    You know you never have to pay scalpers, FYI.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mrcreativename

mrcreativename Well-Known Member

I work on the road all day. I take 3 or 4 pee breaks a day and I usually take those breaks at Walmart or Target so I can take a quick spin through the toy aisle. In other words, I go to 3-4 toy stores a day every day. I am very surprised at how many supposedly retail action figures I have NEVER seen on the shelf ever.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    both

Tell me the figure is coming, and then later, tell me when I can order it. This way, I can decide if I want it before the damn order page goes live.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    Right?

Like scalpers only exist because it works....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder how much this lack of pre-orders affects the bottom line for online stores like BBTS, etc?

12. Tarn31

Tarn31 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really really wish more people understood this. Resellers don’t exist if they don’t have customers. As thirsty as it seems some of you are for this next wave of figures I bet if someone had them for sale above msrp they would have buyers

• Like Like x 2
  13. LunarStrike

LunarStrike Let's Get Dangerous!

Shadow Panther and Waspinator are already showing up on eBay. Scalpers swooping in like a Money In The Bank Cash In!

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    At this point likely not much because they're not reliably in stores yet.

This isn't a situation where W4 is flooding the zone before any of the etailers have stock.

Right now we'd be in the phase where most of us were still sitting on preorders. So BBTS and the like wouldn't feel the sting yet. And even then they probably have a certain level of attrition built in to account for fans who find it elsewhere and end up cancelling.

15. OCDChad

News Credits:
    easier to solve by Hasbro increasing supply than by hoping people that want figures just give up

make everything as difficult to resell as Kingdom Arcee

16. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    So basically what you want is for every figure to be A: A repack of a figure that was easily available less than a year ago and sold pretty badly. and B: Bad. Is there anything I'm missing?

• Like Like x 1
  17. OCDChad

News Credits:
    No, I didn't say that. I mean make a lot of every figure to the point that reselling is pointless.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    ... they're making plenty. The problem is currently distribution, not supply.

Also, scalpers don't care if something is "common" because modern scalpers create the demand by buying up supply.

It's all a speculators market now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OCDChad

News Credits:
    I haven't seen anybody trying to scalp regular Coca-Cola around here.

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    Where were you last year when speculators and panic triggered an insane secondary market for toilet paper and hand sanitizer?

Production and distribution can only go so fast, especially in a situation where there's still an impact to the supply chain from the pandemic.

• Like Like x 2