Kingdom Deluxe Road Rage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hotconvoy, Jun 2, 2021.

1. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Hate to say it, but, yeah she is. Got mine in today from toy dojo. All the problems Tracks had carries over to Road Rage. In bot mode the front fenders still won't tab onto the shins, because the tab is too short. Making her a little wobbly trying to get her to stand in an action pose.
    Front fenders in alt mode still pop out slightly. Here are some quick pics of her.
    0911212105.jpg 0911212105_Burst01.jpg 0911212104.jpg 0911212104_Burst01.jpg 0911212107.jpg 0911212107a.jpg 0911212114.jpg 0911212115.jpg 0911212116.jpg
    Still a great looking bot and vehicle. That design from the waist down tho. Should have had more thought put into it. Upper body is great. Took me about 5 minutes to get her to stand in that action pose.
    I like Road Rage & Tracks, but c'mon Has/Tak. I have loved just about every figure in the WFC trilogy, but the design on these two should have been more refined before release imo.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I'm a sucker for anything Diaclone, but I'm not too concerned in this case because the mold apparently sucks (I don't have my Tracks yet, but I'm super tempted to just sell it when I get mine from BBTS, since I didn't want to cancel and be penalized for it), and I'm sure there will be plenty more Diaclone goodness in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both United Tracks and Botcon SG Tracks. And my misgivings about the fake chest and the reports of issues with this toy led me to just leave United Tracks as my rep on the shelf, I thought about getting Road Rage. Now I think I'm leaning more toward waiting for a potential Loudpedal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    I punched the pins on my Tracks so I'll presumably have to do the same when Road Rage arrives from Singapore. He's really not as bad as people say if you just fix him up a little... granted I shouldn't have to do it, but at least it's easy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fedgez

fedgez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Follow up:

Waiting 24+ hours and my auto-cancelling order situation stopped and I was able to place ONE order for 2 Road Rage.

It appears to have held without the system cancelling it out on me.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  6. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

After hearing about all the issues with this mold, I'm thinking about returning Tracks. I haven't opened it yet and it's been less than 90 days. I still have the earlier Reveal the Shield release.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Tracks is phenomenal if you do the tab fix.
    just cut down the twisty ties from the package (use the long thin sections, not the thicker "T" part on the ends) and glue them to the tabs. i used a tube of Loctite Universal Gel.

• Like Like x 2
  8. faciov42

faciov42 Well-Known Member

Seriously that fixes the figure? I was very excited to see that tracks would have a new figure in Kingdom but all those problems really dissapointed me (the loose legs, the flying car wing's being missasembled, and the loose waist), now I don't know if I should pick it up....:( 

But well, I gues I will save my money to get a Titans Returns Sixshot by the end of the year.:rolleyes: 

9. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

The increasing volume of figures that require modification is really troubling. It didn't used to be this way.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think this has a lot to do with smaller yet more complicated figures. The current WFC line compared something of the AEC era would show a stark contrast with regards to size, quantity and robustness of the various joints and points of transformation. Two different design philosophies and, frankly, two different economies.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    The "Tracks" design (way back in Diaclone (awesome base car mode but quite a pain when translated in bot form)) itself is problematic in such that even the MP version is so too ambitious and found wanting. The MP forced that backpack into the car when it should have been a snap on accessory. Then those panels on the shins.Like one of you said, the tabs are too short to keep them flushed connected.

A for effort. C+ for execution.

• Like Like x 1
  12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Tracks probably would have been better served as a “Diaclone with articulation” execution like Hoist and Trailbreaker instead of trying to force the Sunbow/mini MP look.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Takara/Hb sort of fixed it with the shoulder canons but those short pegs:mad: 

14. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    My SEAsian supplier has her pegged to be delivered October 2021. So kudos to those who have her already.

15. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Im hype for Road Rage personally. I got my Tracks to stop being a loose mess with a coat of well placed topcoat in 2-3 places on the legs, so I figure i'll just do the same with Road Rage.

16. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Ok fine. Got a red card (debit) and ordered. I can sleep now.

-A.S.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Skullox

Skullox Well-Known Member

Just FYI, I did pre-order on the listing day 9/10 and ordered 1 not realizing you could update your quantity to 2 total. Upon trying to place a second order for 1 it was cancelled due to their limit restriction formula. I was able to place another order for one today and so far it's sticking. Looks like there's a timer of a few days to a week if anyone wanted to grab another, I say give it a try after a few days. I only have a weeks timeframe for example, could be less.

18. skunkobot

skunkobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You’re probably not wrong, but I also wonder if he wouldn’t have been better served coming a bit later – post Sunstreaker. As is he’s a sort of hybrid between the styles of MP. Perhaps taut show fealty would’ve lead to a better executed toy.

(Still love him, though. He looks fantastic on a shelf – fitting for the character – even if he’s not the most fun to handle and transform.)

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    you lost me a tad, I thought we were discussing K. Tracks who did come after ER Sunstreaker :p 

not familiar with the MP release order.

I was looking at K. Inferno this AM and reminded of the point of my post you quoted, I feel like he also adheres more to the "Diaclone w/ Articulation" vibe that is far and away preferred to me. (that doesn't mean I want pure G1 toy releases with joints either, just means don't ruin the figures with animation fealty)

20. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Actually worse. While tracks just doesn't lock, road rage is super floppy.