Kingdom Ark

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I hope there is a white or silver repaint. I'm okay with the design not matching between the cartoon and the comic book.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I got this guy over the weekend. I've messed around with him a bit, and I love it. It's a fun figure. The Ark mode is beautiful. That's a great looking ship. The robot mode, like all titans, looks impressive standing up. He's got a great silhouette. Mainframe is a wonderful addition. He really completes the set, and his accessories (the golden disks and spycam) are also neat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have issues with the middle section in ship mode not tabbing? A lot of YouTube reviews mentioned this. I have yet to receive mine.

4. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I haven't had any real issues with it. It's not the easiest, and it does take some fiddling around. But it's not impossible or a horrible encumbrance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    Add me to the "cancelled the Ark crew." Even though I preordered at $155 after discounts, cost, size, space constraints, and playability convinced me to cancel. I literally have no room to display him in my office/mancave. I think the money will be better spent on smaller figures. Plus my wife will probably divorce me when she sees it lol. I predict he'll go on discount later.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    We're also skipping the Ark and plan to budget for Black Zarak instead.

Aside from the QC and large gap issues, doesn't help that the Ark just looks like a giant Cyberverse figure.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    Lol @ giant Cyberverse figure

• Like Like x 1
  8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    The box art implies that The Ark is 1:60 in bot mode(Optimus Prime in his hands seems to scale to his Core class), and the microfig Optimus in alt mode implies that the Ark is 1:600.

Fascinating.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JackAd89

JackAd89 Well-Known Member

I don't undestand that feelings of "cheap plastic" which one are you comparing? People Say the same with Siege and Earthrise Omega and Scorponok

• Like Like x 1
  10. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Picked him up today and he's.....fine.

There's nothing really wrong with him, but he feels a little uninspired and like he needed a few more brainstorming sessions in the design stage. Almost all Titans (bar Omega) have 3 modes, and they all have 'playset' modes, so this guy not including one feels like a real strange missed opportunity. And it's right there in the transformation too - the way he folds out and opens up during the transformation seems like it wouldn't have been too hard to mold in some more interior detailing for at least a token playset attempt (it couldn't be worse than Fort Max...)

And it's strange marketing choice too - in a year where Hasbro has released some really decent core-class G1 characters that are a great fit for playsets and battlestations, this guy doesn't really do it besides a token boarding ramp and hidden pockets. For what he is - a Titan that turns into a pretty good Ark - I don't have any major complaints. Mine transforms and poses well, no QC issues, and the presence on the shelf in either mode is pretty good. Although Mainframe is obviously the star of the show.

But only including 2 blast effects for four engines though? Seriously...?

My only way of explaining some of the weird design choices is that they're going to extensively retool him in to the Nemesis - the basic skeleton is there to make it work - and implementing a more elaborate base mode might have prevented that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    The other thing that sort of points to a Nemesis toy soonish (apart from - well of course, why not!) is that it's featured heavily on the box art, and Hasbro has a habit of sneaking in upcoming toys in to their box art - going way back to Sandstorm on the Metroplex box art, then continuing with Dreadwind/Darkwing on Fort Max's art, the Ark on Omega's box art, the Ark (again) on Skorponoks box art, Galvatron floating in space, etc etc.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Constructicon fanatic

News Credits:
    The bad news is that your wife has divorced you.

The good news is that you’re currently married to the Ark. You may now kiss the ship.
    That’s Megatron in the Ark’s hand, not Optimus.

13. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Sorry, brain fart.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MechaSteve

MechaSteve Well-Known Member

He arrived last night. I like him, overall. The turrets all being molded in is kinda impressive, but I was hoping someone would make an upgrade kit that swapped them out for movable ones. Oh well. I am still hoping someone does an upgrade with better hands. The ones he comes with are my only major gripe.

15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Can Core figures fit in those pockets? Can Micromasters at least fit into the compartment for the ramp?

16. MusicMatrix

MusicMatrix Well-Known Member

On screen usually showed 5 engines on back, while the Titan has 4 and the crotch in the middle. I do not have the skills, but an idea would be a cap for the crotch that looks like another engine and can combine with side fillers on the side (and some other parts) to form a blaster. And geniuses...go!

17. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I'm still conflicted about this guy. On one hand, it includes two iconic pieces of g1 lore and makes the Ark even cooler by giving it a giant robot mode, that I personally prefer rather than it being a playset. On the other hand, most comments here don't seem enthusiastic and it might be better to save the space for future titans and Haslab projects.
    A question in order to better understand how I can display this thing, can the Ark stand in spaceship mode in a vertical orientation on its thrusters?

18. MechaSteve

I haven't tried with mine, however, even if it can't, Shockwave Labs have a solution.
    Shockwave Lab SL-0109 The Eye And SL-0110 The Transport Upgrade Kits For Kingdom Ark - Transformers News - TFW2005

19. SomeNamelessGhoul

SomeNamelessGhoul Well-Known Member

Well I had intended on skipping this guy since I already don't have room to display the titans I already own but when I saw him on the shelf at Target I couldn't resist. So far I am glad I didn't skip him as I think he is pretty excellent. Some of the plastic pieces are a little off color wise compared to others but not enough to bother me. Transformation is simple and fun with a few extra clever bits like the piece that folds out to cover the arm gaps. They totally could have skipped those but I am glad they didn't. Articulation is excellent but holy hell the ratchets are the loudest of anything I have ever experienced from Hasbro to the point I'm not sure I will be moving him a lot otherwise the neighbors will think I am remodeling. Mainframe is a fun little addition but honestly I wouldn't have minded if they skipped him and just improved some of the bits on the Ark like better hand articulation or making the cannon's moveable. Still, sturdy as a rock so far so 8/10 overall score. Will definitely be on the lookout to see what Toyhax has in store for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MechaSteve

Those ratchets are SUPER loud! They hold real well though

• Like Like x 1