Kingdom Ark

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed.

I was still clinging on to the idea that there was still a "hidden" base mode where you could duplicate the "wall" area Teletran 1 always took up.

If this figure somehow made a decent ark mode, a decent bot mode, but then transformed into the main room with Teletran where the autobots always congregated, this would have been one of the hottest Titans ever. Every collector would have wanted it to have that G1 "optimus and autobots by Teletran" display.

No base mode IS a killer for this one. I think coming out of the gate with no base mode makes this the weakest titan made period.

Once again though, I see the ark as just a cool big ship that my son and I will have fun with by itself.

I really hope Pulse dont repaint this purple and call it the nemesis though....

• Like Like x 8
  2. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They would call it the Dark Ark, i mean it's in the cards.

• Like Like x 3
  3. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    I mean, if by ‘Dark Ark’ they mean ‘Dark Fleet’ and by ‘Dark Fleet’ they mean ‘Titan Class Tidal Wave’ then….that could be a fun repaint.

• Like Like x 7
  4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy is a beast. Much heavier than he looks. The ratchets are very tight on mine. I wish he came with more little guys but, oh well. I would have rather a non transforming teletraan-1 and had a base mode. Overall, awesome titan!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    How long is the ship exactly?

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from tip to tail 17 inches long. 17 inches at the widest point.

• Like Like x 4
  7. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    And anyway, I'm sure it's not that hard for a fan mode base to get made out of this guy. Chuck a few ramps on and anything's a base these days, according to Hasbro...

I mean Titan Fort Max is basically just:

1. Yell "Freeze! Stick em up!"
    2. Rip off his head
    3. Give his corpse a good shove.

Base mode!

• Like Like x 10
  8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And why my son and I love Metroplex so much more despite his flaws.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got mine from walmart.com

He is, unfortunately, my least favorite of the titans. The joints on mine are very tight. To the point I'm afraid of breakage. Beyond that, though, he just doesn't have as much play value as others have mentioned. Mainframe is a great addition, and his Teletraan mode is great for displays, but Ark itself is very one note. He just doesn't feel like you're getting the value as you do with, say Scorponok.

He is, overall, a very solid figure. Good transformation, good (but not amazing) articulation. His hands are weird. Like, his thumbs are huge.
    Overall this is the first titan I'd wished I hadn't paid full price for.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a PSA: removing these panels that fold into the shoulders allows for a better transformation of the chest. The shoulders lock in tighter and the lower chest snaps in completely, even with Mainframe/Teletran 1 in the cavity. They easily store in the leg where the tower stows.

9F75D1CD-52FD-46DE-AC9B-117FEA12A855.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    God, I am so on the friggin fence with this guy. I've canceled preorders twice for him due to the price and the issue of where to put him in my apartment... but I do love the idea of the ark as a transformer.

I honestly can't decide if I should get him or not as reactions seem pretty "...eh?"

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a chance to fiddle with The Ark in person, and I'm even more glad I canceled my preorder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Don’t make the same mistake I’ve made with every other Titan by missing out; if you can afford it, GET IT ASAFP!

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Why’s that?

15. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO it lacks the play value that other Titans have. The Ark is cool but just a big ship that's out of scale to everything and the bot mode does nothing for me. Teletraan-1 is also a disappointment to me but YMMV.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks, I’m still on the fence but looking at more and more input on it as it starts arriving to stores.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought there was a thread, already, seems there isn't so here we go.

Let's Do This.jpg

This is the first Titan that has let me down. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, but he's not at the top of the list.

Heck, if I had to rank 'em... (Not counting combiners, just bases.)
    1.) Scorponok (Seems every other Titan will be downhill from here. He's the best one they've ever made.)
    2.) Omega Supreme
    3.) Trypticon (Yes, he broke on some figures, but he's otherwise sturdy and chonky and awesome.)
    4.) Fortress Maximus
    5.) Metroplex
    6.) The Ark

Why? You might ask...

In no particular order:

-Waffled plastic, in a lot of visible areas. (I understand it's a cost thing, but it's at the very least unsightly.)
    -Thin, flexible plastic in the torso. (Where the nose of the ship folds down to become his chest, the connection points give and feel cheap. Also, the hood covering his head that folds down on his back, it too gives and wobbles.)
    -Ratchets all sound like they're on the verge of breaking. (Especially the right shoulder on mine. YMMV.)
    -His vehicle mode connections are not stable. (The clip system will hold things in place, but if you wiggle it even a bit or don't support him just right, he pops loose like an eggshell version of the board game Perfection.
    -No weapon, no real accessory outside of those blast effects. (Yes, I know, the viewing globe on the bridge and tiny Optimus, as well as the golden discs.)
    -The instructions don't tell you how to attach the wings/kneecaps. (They do go on in a particular order but there's not so much as a single mention of it in my manual. You'll need to look at the surface detail on them, and the side that has a slot cut out of it to make sure you're putting them on the right side leg. Basically, look at how the box images have them installed, follow that and you'll be fine.)

The ratchets and the thinner plastics, in particular, are my biggest concerns and complaints about this guy. They make him feel less than $170.00 worth. Heck, even at the original $150-160...still kind of an oucher.

None of the Titans are perfect, they all have flaws, but they at least made you feel like you got your money's worth with them (at least initially) and you could excuse away the flaws. I can't really do that here.

He's not a terrible toy, figure, Transformer, whatever. He's just not an exactly well-made one. Ugh, the sound of those ratchets. *cringes*

The articulation is pretty good, I must say. Head swivels, shoulders do a full 360, lateral shoulder movement (mainly due to transformation, but take what you can get!), bicep swivel, elbow, wrist rotation, fingers/thumb, waist rotation, 360 hip, lateral hip, thigh swivel, knee, ankle rocker, and toes can bend downward. (Also, due to transformation, but still.) For his size and his weight (he's surprisingly hefty for something that's pretty dang hollow) he's quite flexible and poses well.

On the plus side, Mainframe/Teletran-1 is probably the gem of this ...set(?) and makes the Ark feel complete. (As he should.) Bridge mode, robot mode, computer mode... I have no real complaints other than some of his plastic panels are thin and flexible like the ones used in Ark's torso, and you wonder if you'll end up breaking him. (I've seen no stress marks, yet, thankfully.) Also, a good range of motion. Pretty much all of what the Ark is rockin', minus wrist swivels, and toes. The included Sky-Spy looks like it jumped right out of the original cartoon. You can almost hear those beeps and Casey Casem yelling "EXPLORE EXPLORE". Come for the Ark, stay for Mainframe. (Seriously, a good figure. Voyager Class, even!)

Also, on the plus side, the transformation is simple enough you can hold the Ark in one hand and manipulate him with the other, instead of having to toss him around on a table as the previous Titans require.

Now, I know... this all sounds like I absolutely hate this figure and can't recommend it. I can recommend it, at MSRP, please don't overpay for this one... I don't actually hate him. He looks GREAT in both modes, the smoothness of the transformation (a welcome pro on a big figure), the range of motion, and let's face it...he's a Titan! I do have fun with it, I do like looking at it, I just know it could've been better and it could've been closer to Scorponok quality and it stings that he isn't.

Oh, I can't forget the Automorph features on here... (Haven't seen those since TF07 and it was cool then and it's cool now.) The way the panels fill in the legs and arms as you extend the parts... Really nice touch and it's neat to watch it work. I love the spring-loaded ramp, too.

If you find him, grab him. You'll find something to like about him and he's a great display piece. Just have reasonable expectations.

• Like Like x 10
  18. JackAd89

JackAd89 Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Seriously the most expensive figure in the line has qc issues?

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup. Here's my post from another Ark thread.

20. JackAd89

JackAd89 Well-Known Member

It is not fair, nos ratchets joins destroy the plastic. Bye the way I saw the same problem in a facebook group, one of the shoulders also shreded