Kingdom Ark

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jul 20, 2021.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    He doesn't always do runs of just the thruster. Sometimes you have to buy the full kit.

HTBToys - Etsy

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, hopefully I can get a thruster at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    It can be worthwhile following him on Facebook because he will sometimes post when he makes new batches.

4. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's part of the Toyhax set. The new HTB thruster has exactly the same sculpted detail as the section it covers up, so the stickers for that area fit almost perfectly on the thruster parts.
    Labels & Stickers for KI Ark - Toyhax

• Like Like x 1
  6. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

Okay gang, what am I in for here?

20231030_150512.jpg

Still sorting out where to put this guy, the box is so huge. I'm almost afraid to open him, especially after reading about some of its quality control issues in here.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I love it. It's such a fun figure. A bit noisy with all the ratchets, but it's still so much fun. I love the shuttle mode best. It's just great. But the robot mode is also really cool, and he even comes with an extra deluxe figure! Mainframe is so much fun and having a Teletran 1 figure is definitely something I never imagined.

8. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be prepared for the ship mode not tabbing in the center. And don't transform him at night else you'll wake up ppl in the house, with those loud ass ratchet joints.

Oh and that microscopic prime it comes with is wrapped in tissue. Some ppl threw it away by accident. I've already misplaced mine...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The Ark Ship mode: solid if missing some parts to make it look complete.
    Transformation: kinda sucks. The front under panels like to fly off their hinges.
    The Ark robot mode: I guess it's there. He's short for a titan, roughly as tallish as Trypticon.

Teletran-1: The star of the show. Neat to finally have a Teletran-1 diorama
    Mainframe: Can take or leave his robot mode, as he's not in his normal colors. I really wish Hasbro had made him entirely on his own sprues so as to get a Selects edition in Actionmaster colors. Maybe they'll at least use his CAD file to produce one at regular retail.

He's worth $59.99 at Ollie's, if only to have a Teletran-1 officially. I've made my feelings towards the rest of the figure known in other places but, in short, this should have been a playset with Mainframe as the bonus transforming figure instead of yet another titan robot because that's what's expected in that class.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

Just got time to open this guy up. I was really excited, but initially joy turned to disappointed. I was stoked after seeing I got a Blackarachnia halocard and the mini Optimus looked great. But after pulling the ship out and being excited, I immediately saw some glaring paint. Is this common for anyone? I haven't heard any mention of things like this about the figure.

20231031_121742.jpg
    20231031_122027.jpg
    20231031_123002.jpg
    20231031_122225.jpg
    20231031_123020.jpg
    20231031_123040.jpg

All of his bottom he has tiny little splotches around abd on his top he has it prominently on two spots really big. I haven't even bothered to take his plastic band off to transform him because I'm so taken aback. I mostly wanted him for ship mode and it's such a glaring screw up. I'm not even mad that he's got gap and broke loose picking him up, but that paint kills me. I know I got it heavily on sale, but it's still a lit of money for me.

Would it be uncalled for to try and to an exchange or return? I hadn't seen any reports of issues like this, so I'm willing to gamble if they still have another copy. When I bought it a few days back, they had two copies. So there's a slim change they might still have it.

Am I over reacting? Would it be silly to try and exchange it for another because of this? Or, is there a solution to remove it without damaging the plastic?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    As someone who has a lot of experience with this, those marks look like the kind of thing that rubbing alcohol in a Q-tip will take right off. Give it a shot before going to any other lengths to return it.

12. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

Ohh shoot why didn't I think of that? It's not on top of any other painted parts too. I'll give it a go. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

20231031_130509.jpg

I tried it on the one area and it worked like a charm. Gonna hit the other area and them transform him. Very excited, gonna be fun.
    20231031_130509.jpg

Is this one area just not properly connected or is there always this gap near where I cleaned?
    20231031_130724.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    It's a bit of a gappy figure. I have it and I keep throwing money at it to try to make it look better but I'm ultimately really disappointed in it. Somebody else could chime in but I think that's just likely how yours turned out.

15. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The particular area in the photo with your finger is part of where the rear tower clips into. Fold that into place, and then see how you feel about the gap. The tower is stored inside the panel that opens beside the gap area.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

Okay, I'm officially in love and so regret overreacting to some small blemishes I was able to fix myself. I set him up and posed the ship with some guys and it felt great, but I just transformed him for the first time and his robot mode is amazing fun. I worried about his shoulders and had a hard time unlatching a certain part the instructions were vague, but a YouTube search and watching some guy named Emgo transform that part helped me get it. I've now played with him in both robot and ship mode and I am quite pleaded with both.

20231031_174252.jpg

I've never had an official transformer this big. No idea how to compare him to others in his class, but I'm overwhelmingly pleased with this figure for my purchase of $64.04 after tax. I haven't messed around with his removable bridge yet other than to pull it out when I transformed him. I plan to play with that later, but am stretching out my enjoyment with delayed gratification.

20231031_175921.jpg

20231031_181239.jpg

I have my Ark set up right now with Botropolis as the Decepticons siege their base

20231031_152223.jpg

I'm a big fan of the smaller Legends/core scale, for the exact reason that not only are they cheaper and retain fun transformations, but you can fudge them working in scale with things like Botropolis or this Ark.

I'm very much looking forward to playing with the Teletraan-1 display and transform him into a robot a bit layer. But overall I'd say I scored for the price. I still think it's crummy they only give you two set of plbladt effects when he has 4 thrusters in back.

Also, is my memory janky or didn't the Ark have 5 thrusters?

• Like Like x 6
  17. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Emgo is the best. And the Ark did have 5 thrusters, there's a 3d printer artist named Half the Battle Toys that has made a 5th thruster that turns into toes. I posted about it a page or so ago.

18. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

I just had some fun tonight transforming the bridge-block into Teletraan-1 and his Robot form. I know he's a character called Mainframe, but I like just calling him Teletraan-1 when a robot

A real shame neither robot comes with an accessory to hold. I feel like at least one of them should have.

20231101_233301.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Denzimus

Denzimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I regret not getting this on sale.

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I recently got this guy from Ross, anyone know how to clean the oil off the hand? Like there’s some oily stuff on its left arm and hand and I dunno how to properly wipe it off.