Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Jun 2, 2021.
I got the Ark for alt-mode and it is disappointing that the turrets can’t move or be pushed in.
If you pre-ordered from Amazon, just a heads up: I just got a shipping update email this morning, they expect it'll arrive (via free shipping) between August 19, 2021 and August 24, 2021. About an hour and a half later, they charged my credit card.
It went up for order for a minute today, I assume they're pretty close to shipping. Ordering it today they're saying 12th-16th.
I just got mine…I’m not sure how I feel about it….
Can anyone confirm for me whether the shoulder parts that are black with the white Autobot symbols are painted, and if so what color plastic is underneath?
My preorder from Amazon just shipped, I guess I'll see this guy Friday.
Pre-ordered a while ago at tfsource. Hopefully it ships soon this month. So excited for this. Also have Black Zarak on pre order. Hoping Zarak isn’t the last Titan we get.
Mine just arrived from Amazon and I'm mostly disappointed.
- For some reason, I thought there would be more than just two (complete) blast effects.
- The drawn-version on the box having six thrusters is salt in the wound.
- The color is not quite right, looking like Kraft Mac-n-cheese moreso than anything else.
- The entry-scorching doesn't work at all on this figure, instead looking like strange plastic discoloration.
- Maybe it's just my copy but he simply won't stay together securely in Ark-mode. It seems like they didn't use the correct or enough pegs. The front center section is the worst by far, exacerbated by being such a different shade than the other plastics and the fact that it simply has *nowhere* to peg into in alt-mode.
- There's also no place to safely hold the thing to "zoom" around the air. You have to hold him from underneath, by the midsection, to avoid the whole thing just exploding open.
- The turrets being stationary is bad enough but, now that I've got him in hand, there doesn't seem to be any easy way that a third-party add-on could fix that problem.
+ He cuts a nice figure when in robot mode. He's a lot larger than Studio Cell Unicron and looks good next to MotUC Castle Grayskull.
+ The Teletraan rules. I really hope they find a way to re-release Mainframe on his own eventually, only for another computer unit.
+ Finally an Ark!
+/- The ratches everywhere are great but most are tight enough to scare me.
I'm glad to finally have a "proper" Ark figure and I'm glad that he's a fairly solid Last Autobot homage. However, the overall figure feels unfinished. After the polish of Scorponok and Omega Supreme, the Ark feels like a backslide to the compromises present in Fort Max. In my mind, this particular figure should've been given all the bells and whistles they could pack in. Instead, we've got a large spaceship of regret and missed opportunities.
I've already seen some decent attempts at gap-filler panels for ark mode.
How are the hands attached? I assume we'll see fully articulated hands sooner rather than later.
I think he's impossible to transform without popping off those folding panels and his hands are weird, but he's still a big doofy fun robot. I burned some rewards points and got him for basically half price, so even though he's probably the third best of the three titans I have, I still like him quite a bit.
Looks great, but hot damn does he really need some good hands!
Yeah, it seems like they wanted "folding" hands like ER Optimus / SS86 Hot Rod / Kingdom Rodimus and just... didn't want to put a second joint in. So they're a good size to grab Core/smaller deluxes but they can't really make a fist.
It seems to me that there is a near consensus on the good and bad with this toy. What a rare thing, right?
aw man, he falls apart in ark mode? so even if i wanted to just display it in ark mode on a stand it'd flop apart?
Mine isn't quite that bad. The shoulder ratchets are EXTREMELY tight so unless they're clicked in exactly the right way, the panels won't quite tab together right. If you're used to like, MP/3P stuff that's fussy about alignment though, you'll get the ratchets correct and it'll tab in pretty well.
anything feel like the plastic will inevitably break/rip apart? tight ratchets freak me the hell out, especially when they're reliant on getting everything worked around them.
I've got some fragile toys (FP Assaulter, MP Star Saber) and this isn't nearly that bad, but yes, I hold the joint on both sides so that stress is only on the ratchet itself.
I'm really pretty happy with this guy. Glad I bought him.
I also painted the prime minifigure. Really nice seeing him through the cockpit of the Ark.
So I just realized since the Prime mini figure included with the Ark is the same size as the ones of Rodimus and Galvatron included with Unicron, does that mean the Ark is in scale with Unicron? Because if so then hot damn is the Ark a huge ship!
Separate names with a comma.