Kingdom Airazor, Huffer, Inferno, Dinobot & Ultra Magnus First Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Nov 20, 2020.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's been confirmed for a while now. I was caught off-guard by it a few weeks back and needed confirmation, but yeah, it's coming.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Nor does it particularly make sense that everything else is chugging alone fine while a single, simple retool randomly gets cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Agreed, though the absence of an ER-28 is an oddity, but then there are messed up map pieces too, so it could just be chalked up to an error

4. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Yeah I must admit I had to look up DX9's Splinter on Google to compare.

To be honest I'm not sure on scale/size as nearly all the images/art I see is of single figures.

I would say that subjectively I feel the two are very different in terms of apparent quality.

DX9 Splinter appears to be going for MP scale and quality, whereas while he looks pretty good to me SS86 Wreck-Gar is still a mainline figure.

I wouldn't personally replace a 3P MP figure for SS, but on the other hand I'm going to swap my official MP Ultra Magnus for Kingdom....:confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's actually quite helpful. Thank you! Me, personally, I'm more than willing to replace a 3rd party with official if it's warranted. Heck, CHUG got me to drop MP completely. I do miss some of their more creative transformations, but generally, CHUG won out. So, I'm more than willing to give Hasbro's new Wreck-Gar a chance. Thanks, again!

EDIT: Sorry. I forgot. DX9 Wreck-Gar is Voyager Class-sized. He's roughly Siege Springer height.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I hadn't heard that about what Warden had said, but it does make more sense than a single planned retool being cancelled on fairly short notice. I guess our only hope is that a KO/3P company steps up now, if the rumor about the next line after WFC also being a trilogy is true (implying that it'd have a new style and set of molds like WFC did after Prime Wars). If we won't get Earth modes of all the main cartoon cast that'll make me lose a lot of my newfound enthusiasm for collecting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fricking heck. Why did they cancel WFC Earthrise Sideswipe? Come on, it could have been an easy Siege Sideswipe Retool. This is UNACCEPTABLE. And now, the slot for WFC-E28 is empty, ENRAGING me as I want that slot to be filled. UGH.

8. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I mean, I get the frustration. But just remember perspective. Much worse things have come from Covid than a cancelled toy.

Hopefully it'll be reignited at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I really don't even care much because I'm perfectly content with the Siege one, especially considering Tigertrack and G2 Sideswipe use the mold. If Deep Cover uses the Siege mold, that will be good for consistency.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The reason why it gets me quite frustrated is that I like IDs to be finished. The IDs just feel incomplete without WFC-E28.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A lot of people like a lot of things they can’t do or have right now.

It’d be one thing if Sideswipe was cancelled just for the hell of it, but a lot of things got thrown off track with Covid. It’s not worth being enraged over, and it’s far from unacceptable.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on one hand I want a earth version of sideswipe, on the other hand, if it did happen then I would be kicking myself for buying all the upgrades and toyhax stickers and a 2nd seige sideswipe to convert into one.

13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I mean, I ordered a figure from ShowZ in February. For more than one reason, I'm still waiting. Covid is a big one of those reasons (i also moved in June, which complicated matters, but I figured four months was safe). But like.. if the worst thing that happened to us because of covid was I had to wait longer for a toy, or a toy gets cancelled, we consider ourselves lucky as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt we've seen the last of Sideswipe!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OCD much? o_O 

16. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I said this the other day, but please, don't niche-shame. There isn't anything *wrong* with wanting to collect everything in terms of numbers and ids. If that's what has value to him, that's fine. Not harming anyone else. It's one thing to remind someone to have perspective, and another to devalue the way they choose to collect.

• Like Like x 14
  17. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to think that Runamuck winning the fan vote messed everything up. Earth mode Sideswipe was coming as long as Needlenose won the fan vote. But Runamuck then filled the car quota, so another car had to get the chop.

Bet all those 84/85 fanboys who spammed the fan vote aren't so happy now, eh?

And good luck getting hold of Runabout while you are at it, lol.

18. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the last time we'll see good ol Sideswipe and Red Alert, if they don't come as exclusives next year expect them in the next trilogy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's less a case of OCD and more that I like lists to not have open spaces.

It's like if Kamen Rider Gaim (The first Kamen Rider I ever heard about) were to not have 1 number in their Lockseed IDs.

Or, for another thing, its like how both the Autobot and Decepticon Clones were released in Titans Return. Let's say there is an alternate timeline where Hasbro never re-released them in Earthrise as WFC-E30 Cybertronian Villains Decepticon Clones and Galactic Odyssey Encounter 3: Biosfera Autobot Clones. You got the Wingspan and Cloudraker 2-Pack and the "Siege on Cybertron" Set for Pounce. You want to finish off the Autobot Clones for "Fastclash," but you need the "Chaos on Velocitron" Set which was a Toys "Я" Us Exclusive. Let's say you never were able to get it at Toys "Я" Us when it was being released. Now what now? You look at the Aftermarket prices of the set and JEESH, that is EXPENSIVE. So now in your display, you have Pounce, Wingspan, and Cloudraker, but no Fastlane/Fastclash. So, you look towards the Legends toy, but they have a different deco than the original and you have to buy a figure you already own, just in a different deco. So, now what? Do you A)Buy the "Chaos on Velocitron" set from the expensive Aftermarket because you want the same deco for the missing figure in the same deco and risk getting ripped off, or B)Buy the Legends 2-Pack?

See, it's annoying because you can't get the final thing for your collection.

Another way to think about it is you are completing a several hundred to several thousand piece Puzzle. You are getting the puzzle almost complete, except you find missing pieces for the puzzle.

It isn't really OCD, it's just annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I'm going to preface this with, it's totally okay to like collecting how you like it. It's also okay to be OCD, or not.

That said, none of that is helping your case.

• Like Like x 9