Kingdom Airazor, Huffer, Inferno, Dinobot & Ultra Magnus First Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More than likely it'll be a Siege Sideswipe repaint. There's really no evidence that an ER Sideswipe ever made it to the tooling phase, in fact the claims of one leaker in particular contradict John Warden's words from the ER reveal that there were no plans at that time to do an ER Sideswipe. IF ER Sideswipe was as far along as that leaker claims pre covid then Warden would have outright lied (something he is fairly good at avoiding by choosing his words carefully) because he would have already have to have been planned at that point.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

Thank you. That's what I was expecting, and also what I remember from the reveal.

• Like Like x 2
  3. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    I don't recall it showcasing that feature in the instructions, but it looks do-able. We can also just get inventive with a fan-mode or two.

• Like Like x 5
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to jump on the train here, you're always inundated with questions, but I must ask... (And I may have before, it's been a long year and I'm exhausted mentally...) In your estimation, at least (or if you've seen the actual figure) does Kingdom Wreck-Gar measure up to DX9's version, or is he another SS Hot Rod type of Voyager? (Deluxe, with a ton of accessories and parts count.) I know not everyone is well-versed in 3rd party stuff, nor do they like it, which isn't the reason I'm bringing it up, I just need to know if the Wreck-Gar I have now (DX9's) is bigger, smaller, same, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What? Wreckgar??? When was this rumored, anyone got a rundown of everything leaked/rumored so far?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It's been confirmed for a while now. I was caught off-guard by it a few weeks back and needed confirmation, but yeah, it's coming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Nor does it particularly make sense that everything else is chugging alone fine while a single, simple retool randomly gets cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, though the absence of an ER-28 is an oddity, but then there are messed up map pieces too, so it could just be chalked up to an error

10. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Yeah I must admit I had to look up DX9's Splinter on Google to compare.

To be honest I'm not sure on scale/size as nearly all the images/art I see is of single figures.

I would say that subjectively I feel the two are very different in terms of apparent quality.

DX9 Splinter appears to be going for MP scale and quality, whereas while he looks pretty good to me SS86 Wreck-Gar is still a mainline figure.

I wouldn't personally replace a 3P MP figure for SS, but on the other hand I'm going to swap my official MP Ultra Magnus for Kingdom....:confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  11. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    That's actually quite helpful. Thank you! Me, personally, I'm more than willing to replace a 3rd party with official if it's warranted. Heck, CHUG got me to drop MP completely. I do miss some of their more creative transformations, but generally, CHUG won out. So, I'm more than willing to give Hasbro's new Wreck-Gar a chance. Thanks, again!

EDIT: Sorry. I forgot. DX9 Wreck-Gar is Voyager Class-sized. He's roughly Siege Springer height.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I hadn't heard that about what Warden had said, but it does make more sense than a single planned retool being cancelled on fairly short notice. I guess our only hope is that a KO/3P company steps up now, if the rumor about the next line after WFC also being a trilogy is true (implying that it'd have a new style and set of molds like WFC did after Prime Wars). If we won't get Earth modes of all the main cartoon cast that'll make me lose a lot of my newfound enthusiasm for collecting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Fricking heck. Why did they cancel WFC Earthrise Sideswipe? Come on, it could have been an easy Siege Sideswipe Retool. This is UNACCEPTABLE. And now, the slot for WFC-E28 is empty, ENRAGING me as I want that slot to be filled. UGH.

14. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I mean, I get the frustration. But just remember perspective. Much worse things have come from Covid than a cancelled toy.

Hopefully it'll be reignited at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I really don't even care much because I'm perfectly content with the Siege one, especially considering Tigertrack and G2 Sideswipe use the mold. If Deep Cover uses the Siege mold, that will be good for consistency.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    The reason why it gets me quite frustrated is that I like IDs to be finished. The IDs just feel incomplete without WFC-E28.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    A lot of people like a lot of things they can’t do or have right now.

It’d be one thing if Sideswipe was cancelled just for the hell of it, but a lot of things got thrown off track with Covid. It’s not worth being enraged over, and it’s far from unacceptable.

• Like Like x 3
  18. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on one hand I want a earth version of sideswipe, on the other hand, if it did happen then I would be kicking myself for buying all the upgrades and toyhax stickers and a 2nd seige sideswipe to convert into one.

19. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I mean, I ordered a figure from ShowZ in February. For more than one reason, I'm still waiting. Covid is a big one of those reasons (i also moved in June, which complicated matters, but I figured four months was safe). But like.. if the worst thing that happened to us because of covid was I had to wait longer for a toy, or a toy gets cancelled, we consider ourselves lucky as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt we've seen the last of Sideswipe!

• Like Like x 5