Kingdom Airazor, Huffer, Inferno, Dinobot & Ultra Magnus First Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Portmantotally.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Mezzie

Mezzie Resident EXAMAC Pilot

TBH out of all the reveals here, I am actually really interested to see how they tackle magnus. Don't get me wrong, the others are amazing for sure, but magnus peaked my interest due to the fact they're retooling it from space-cybertronian to earthrise!

1- The arms fold out at back ala siege, that we know. But what about the front bumper? Will it slide up/down the spine or there'll be more folding? It'll be pretty nifty if it folds like ER prime, to a degree.
    2- The back carrier/trailer. If its earth mode and G1 they gonna do, for sure magnus' will be towing it rather than it attached at the back ala-siege counterpart.
    3- IF magnus will be towing the carrier/trailer, then maaaaybe it'll reuse the same legs featured on ER Prime?
    4- hopefully they make the hands articulated ala ER prime too.

So many things to know from this! It'll be an extensive retooling I'm willing to wager, not just a reshell at front! Only time will tell.

3. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized that there's no mention of an Earth-mode Sideswipe anywhere in that listing. Is there really no new figure in prospect? It's the reason I held off on Earthrise Sunstreaker because he needs a matching Sideswipe like the Universe toy. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  4. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    earthrise sideswipe has sadly been cancelled (for 2021) due to covid

• Like Like x 3
  5. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    I'd keep my expectations low if you can, he's not as extensive a retool as you might think/hope.

From what I've seen the alt-mode cab and robot mode being updated appears the priority, with the trailer's accuracy less of a concern.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Mezzie

I too, am actually waiting for ER sideswipe (if that's even a thing). Doing it would be quite a massive undertaking; Having 99% altmodes look similar while having a different transformation/look on respective characters. Aside Masterpiece line, I don't think any other is capable of that feat.

But hey, WFCT/Studio 86 line has been stellar, so color me surprised if I'm actually wrong on this...

Fair enough. Still, considering we are in the oh-so 'golden age' of G1 reiterations, a bit of wishful thinking wouldn't hurt :D 

I'm still on board even if the trailer won't be as accurate, 'cause I think I'm in the minority that actually think siege magnus' core bot is perfect as it can be hahah!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Thideos?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say as for the trailer, outside of the wheels, it doesn't have distinctive Cybertronian Styling. Infact Its way more earth-mode like than the original.

Compare:

a492f645-4c89-42a1-8d35-69f742e15a29.jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That list lookss slightly suspect.

Deep Cover was on the Netflix w3 list.

What would you get Transmutate from?

What about the previous Road Rage, Powermaster Megatron (from Dpoubledealer) and Delta Magnus rumours?

And no sign of BW Buzzsaw which, like Road Rage, is pretty low hanging fruit.

IF the above and the previous rumour are two halves of the same line then that's a lot of larger selects when previous years have been mainly deluxe based.

In it's favour it did appear prior to the W2 Voyagers and Leader being leaked and it got them right.

I'm afraid 2020's Earthmode Sideswipe being Covid canned is a well repeated story with a decent source :-(

Galactic Odyssey speculation thread.
    October 17th Exclusive Mystery Figure? EDIT: Mystery Solved - It’s The Studio Series ROTF Devastator
    War for Cybertron: Earthrise Appreciation Thread

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mezzie

Damn it! Not only these people get barely minimum wages, but they also didn't practice social distancing on the assembly lines?! The GALL of some people!
    or maybe they get due to OT on nighttime for KOs!

In all seriousness tho, that's a real bummer :( 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Agreed, part of the reason I sold my MP Ultra Magnus was to make space for this bad boy.

I'd never sell my G1 UM tho, too much nostalgia :oops: .

(Am I breaking my one figure per character rule if the other one is thousands of miles away in storage in a different hemisphere?)

• Like Like x 7
  13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

It's your rule. Up to you how it gets enforced!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just realized.. We’re getting Deep Cover. I’ve seen no mention of Clamp Down yet. I hope he doesn’t get forgotten in the sea of exclusives. Especially since we’re getting all of the other Diaclone guys with appropriate toys so far. (Road Rage and Loudpedal hopefully incoming).

ironically, MP is waiting for Deep Cover..

• Like Like x 3
  15. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    catz confirmed this list is legit
    t.mutate is a repaint/retool of paleotrex apparently
    apparently hasbro has a lot of confidence in Kingdom galvy so a toy repaint isnt that surprising

• Like Like x 3
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    &
    My guess is it's basically a facelift, but in reality, the same toy. I'm guessing it even transforms the same. (Maybe a flip up panel to clean up the back in robot mode, but I'm not holding my breath.)

I knew it was a reuse of the mold when I saw his legs on the artwork and how the codpiece flips around like Siege. On the plus side, the 3rd party filler kits should work just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't think it would be. The Siege figure's proportions in vehicle mode are already so close to ER Sunstreaker's. After remolding it into a much-less-similarly-proportioned Delorean I'd think it would be pretty simple, I don't think they'd have to change the transformation or anything big like that. I'm going to hold out hopes that they'll work him into another line later on or as an exclusive, I doubt that they'd just abandon the WFC/SS86 aesthetic after Kingdom is finished since they know it's popular and there are still figures people want from it. But if they don't I might just have to sacrifice G1 accuracy and hunt down Spin Out and use him as my Sideswipe instead because that vehicle mode is just so sexy in red.

• Like Like x 2
  18. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

Hey @Apollux , were you the one who have already had a look at the new Wreckgar’s instructions? Can the motorcycle mode be ridden by another Wreckgar figure?

• Like Like x 2
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah I did notice that Kingdom Magnus's trailer does have the G1 rocket cannons on the sides so I'm hoping that at the very least the trailer won't look exactly like the Siege trailer. If not then hopefully a 3rd party upgrade set will be made to both give Kingdom Magnus a more G1 accurate trailer that combines and new parts to make the core robot look more earthy and be able to carry the new trailer in vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been declared and settled, and it probably belongs in another thread but since it was recently discussed, I am left wondering if it's known if Deep Cover is a repaint of Siege Sideswipe, or is he a repaint of the planned-but-cancelled Earthrise Sideswipe?