Kingdom Airazor, Huffer, Inferno, Dinobot & Ultra Magnus First Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xd Accrocate, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I feel the same way about the organic blend. It’s a real stretch for me, and even beyond the science, it’s just not an appealing notion. Sentient robots are a cool concept, but “cyborgs” such as those in Beast Wars are somewhat repulsive, to be honest. I also generally prefer Earth vehicles— not alien— and not robotic beasts. For me, the “in disguise” element is still very relevant.

As for the Beast Wars exposure, I figure it can’t hurt anything. I currently dislike the series based on what I know, but knowing more will either reinforce that notion or else change my mind, a possibility that I’m okay with. A good scientist attempts to prove himself wrong, not right.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always figured that the BW characters organic bits were synthetic, not actually organic.

*shrug*

• Like Like x 6
  3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    That may hint at an updated Powermaster gimmick. Or at least I hope. :< Not too fond of how it was executed on Doubledealer. Though it's something I can live with.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Doesn't help that BW often times plays up that sort of body-horror aspect of the cyborg aesthetic, with exposed organs, veins, and other internal details that aren't part of the animal "disguise." It's a lot more than just skin sections in place of car parts, the entire robot mode design philosophies er on organic as well. (especially with Transmetals and Transmetal 2s)

Though I really appreciate how you just calmly explain that it's not your thing and give good, completely sound reasons for it. Just because lots of people like it does not necessarily make it likable.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Doesn't make it unlikable either...But then subjective taste is an alien concept to this fandom by and large.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cried when I saw Ultra Magnus. After being disappointed by the confusing RID leanings with Siege UM, this is the definitive toy of the character I've always wanted. Looks like my Legends UM will be up for grabs. Inferno looks great and I'm really excited that we're finally getting a decent Huffer after Classics began in 2006. Roll on Pipes!

• Like Like x 2
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, Siege Ultra Magnus is presented as Magnus before he scanned an Earth mode. If one were collecting Cybertronian modes in addition to Earth modes, Siege Magnus could fill his spot in that group.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I appreciate you guys being respectful with your opinions. BW is very definitely my bag, but much like Animated after it, regardless of the quality of its writing there's a clear aesthetic hurdle that's not to everyone's taste. Like SPLIT said, the body horror aspect probably doesn't help. You have your reasons for disliking BW, and they're perfectly valid, but good on you for at least being supportive of its fanbase.

9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I just want to say I totally get that there are different preferences. That's totally cool. If he watches some more and doesn't like it, then he doesn't like it.

All I know is what I've personally experienced. I know that when I first saw Transformers: Animated, I was very much turned off. I hated the animation style, and when I heard Prime talk I thought he sounded like a hippie I didn't end up watching the series until a few years later. When I did watch it, I realized that my original impressions were too quick and I really enjoyed what that series brought to the table. Had I never gone back and gave it another chance I would have missed out on a wonderful story.

People's first impressions aren't always their last. Sometimes they are! If anyone continues watching and sees no change in their views, that's totally fine. I just want people to give themselves a chance to see if the show improving can change their views.

Regarding watching only a select few episodes, everyone enjoys content differently. If someone is willing to watch an entire season to see if it will grow on them throughout, that's great. In fact, that's how I do things. I know I'm willing to watch things for a while to see if it will grow on me in time, I don't like to give up right off the bat. But that's me. If someone doesn't have that patience, there isn't anything wrong with watching a condensed version if that appeals to them more. It may not have been how the writer's intended, but as the viewers we can choose how we consume it. I am providing an alternate means of consuming it that gives someone who might not have given a go otherwise a chance to enjoy it. If they end up enjoying the condensed version, then they enjoy it, and it was the right way for them to watch it. I would rather someone watch it their way than not at all.

Now, specifically talking beast wars, what I enjoy now about them transforming into animals, as an adult, is I feel like animals make a better disguise for explorers, as the maximals are. It allows them to travel to different planets and blend in with the indiginous life forms, learn about them more directly, experience the planet's offerings directly. From the standpoint of exploration, transforming into organic life forms is far superior than vehicles. A vehicle is something that is parked, left alone, and used when needed. An organic life form can travel inconspicuously with the indiginous life. It makes a far better learning experience.

Additionally, transforming into animals gives them the benefit of being able to actually eat to refuel. They adopt the biological benefits of whatever life forms exist on that planet, including the ability to eat plants and animals on that planet. This is particularly useful during a shortage of energon.

I see the Maximals very much like a Star Trek crew of explorers, so the ability to blend in, like we see Star Trek characters often do in first contact missions, very appealing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Suddenly I want David Cronenberg to direct a Beast Wars movie.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually love body horror, that's the funny part. The more disgusting and grosser, the better. Like Necromorphs from Deadspace, or the nanomodified zombies in SOMA, or the worm possessed crew from System Shock 2. Then there's the plethora of films I love that I could probably spend a whole paragraph listing but I won't. You get the point.

It just feels wrong that transformers characters turn into this. I get that it will come off as irrational to many but it is a hurdle I just can't overcome. It's a shame because I otherwise love the little body horror elements, like how Cheetor makes a goddamn gun out of his goddamn guts. That's such a Japanese body horror thing I love it. It's just a shame it comes from a part of the brand I just can't get interested in.

12. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    With all of these definitive versions of these characters in the mainline figures, they are severely running out of characters they need to create in Generation 1.
    Meanwhile, Beast Wars is also a big source of characters.

As soon as they finish making figures for Beast Wars and its spinoffs, they could start making Zone or other Japanese characters.
    Seriously, if they want to keep Generations in the universe cluster of Generation 1, they could create characters from the non-North America toy-lines.

13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I have my own beast wars film trilogy planned out in my head. The second film is a horror.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    They are, which makes the episode where their animal instincts take over THAT much stupider.

15. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jeez, Fuzors could be so disturbing.

16. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

Rampage? Vok?

17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Rampage, yeah. If I were in charge of the films, that would be the second one.

18. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

How would you extend it to an entire movie? It was a twenty minute episode. Would Depth Charge be in it, or...?

• Like Like x 1
  19. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they could go to unicron trilogy that way keep the main character on different appeareances

20. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    The pictures are way too potato quality to decipher anything, and the packaging’s heavily obscured to be able to form an opinion, so I’ll leave it at: the engineering for Dinobot’s chest is pure genius. I’ll wait until stock pictures come out before I say anything.

• Like Like x 2