Kindest Decepticons and most despicable Autobots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Heavy Unit, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

Your alignment does not necessarily define how good or bad of a bot you are. This thread pays homage to the nicest Decepticons and the worst Autobots to be around.

When it comes to the cons, I think of Armada Demolisher, who cared for his comrades, particularly Starscream, Prime Breakdown, who seemed to be the one guy who viewed the Vehicons as more than cannon fodder, and Animated Scrapper, who wasn't such a bad bot when he wasn't hanging with Mixmaster or Dirtboss. As for the Autobots, the first rotten apples that come to mind would be Grimlock, who lead the Autobots with a tyrannical fist in the Marvel comics, Slag, who was hand down the nastiest of the Dinobots, and Animated Sentinel Prime - that ones speak for itself.

• Like Like x 3
  2. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Despicable Autobots? Well Sunstreaker comes to mind as a sociopath.

Animated Bumblebee ruined Wasp's life and showed no regret over it whatsoever, except when Wasp(inator) was about to kill him. He never took any responsibility for his actions, ever.

The Maximal Council performed experiments on Protoform X to replicate Starscream's immortal spark, and then tried to have to result dumped on an unknown world when he turned out to be a powerful, uncontrollable psycho.

Nice Decepticons?

Their medic Glit might qualify. When he's on the battlefield, he'll repair Decepticon and Autobot alike.

Armada Starscream genuinely cared about the Minicons in his care, and had a genuine friendship with the Armada kids, especially Alexis.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    AUTOBOTS? IDW1 Getaway and StarSaber
    DECEPTICONS? IDW1 Thundercracker, Cyclonus, fa(s)t Tankor, Dirge

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart Toy maker and storyteller

For the Autobots: Marvel Flame, Animated Sentinel Prime, Bayverse Sentinel Prime, IDW 1 Nova Prime, Zeta Prime, Sentinel Prime, Skyfall, Sundor, Froid, Pharma, and Getaway, dishonorable mention: IDW Star Saber and Tyrest were two rotten bastards, but they were neutral from what I remember, the SG Autobots, IDW 1 Prowl was a morally grey prick, but never down right evil, same goes for Sunstreaker. For the Decepticons: the IDW 1 Scavengers (including Nickel), Armada Demolisher and Starscream, Cyberverse Clobber, IDW 1 Thundercracker, Swift and Barricade, Prime Breakdown, and the Victory (manga ver.) Decepticons, honorable mentions: IDW 1 Megatron, Starscream, Skywarp, Needlenose, Brawl, and Prime Knockout all had late game, positive character building but not enough to be placed on the list with confidence, IDW 1 Cyclonus was neutral, and most of the SG Decepticons.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

The IDW comics went hard with trying to make Autobots bad and occasionally Decepticons good. Prowl, Starsaber, Tyrest, Zeta Prime and maybe Whirl come to mind, for the Autobots. Probably Getaway, too. I stopped reading before they did much with Getaway, but what I saw of him was pretty horrible. Thundercracker is the only Dececpticon I recall being outright nice.

Oh and I'll also throw in movie Optimus Prime, for his savage mutilations, executions and general disregard for the long-term survival of his race.

• Like Like x 2
  6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    He might not be Autobot or Decepticon, but I always liked Predacon Grimwing's bio from the Beast Hunters line as being a more noble and honorable Predacon than his brethren.

Grimwing (Prime) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 5
  7. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

News Credits:
    Despicable Autobots

Animated Bumble Bee after what he did to Wasp

IDW Star Saber and Gateaway

DotM Sentinel Prime

Honorable Decepticons

Armada Star Scream

RiD Skybyte

G1 Blitzwing after Five Faces of Darkness (A case can be made here)

G1 Dino Force from victory

Cyclonus

IDW Thunder Cracker

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

IDW Roadbuster and Pharma really creeped me out, and I adored Clobber in Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lola

Lola Soap

Aligned BW Silverbolt

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

News Credits:
    I figured if they introduced him to the aligned continuity he would be an autobot and some sort of liaison between the predacons.

11. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

The G1 bios, in particular, gave us a number of less-than-heroic Autobots. Among them are:
    • Slag, who enjoys burning his enemies to death and seems to hate all of his non-Dinobot allies
    • Repugnus, the Monsterbot who keeps getting kicked out of the Autobots because of the sheer immorality of his actions
    • Blades, whose fighting style and bloodlust would seem to make him a particularly poor fit for the Protectobots (the group he's a part of)
    • Sunstreaker, who's cold, calculating, ruthless, and utterly self-absorbed
    • Afterburner, the "I hate everything" meme of the Autobot army
    Grimlock, Snarl, and Mirage are also noteworthy, although not to the same extent. The Marvel UK comics also gave us this guy:
    [​IMG]
    His name is Flame. He almost destroyed Cybertron and used an army of zombies to carry out his schemes. And he was an Autobot, somehow (albeit a rogue agent).
    As for the less despicable Decepticons:
    • Thundercracker (especially in IDW)
    • Blitzwing in "Five Faces of Darkness"
    • Scorponok from the Marvel Comics
    • Spinister (also from the Marvel Comics)
    To a lesser extent, there's also guys like Scavenger the Constructicon and Dead End and Breakdown the Stunticons, who seem less evil and more pathetic.

• Like Like x 9
  12. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Well-Known Member

Despicable Autobots: Froid and Sunder. One is a big ego, self absorbed narcissist that helps his partner in crime with his addiction and the other loves killing his victims by stealing their memories.

Kind Decepticon: IDW Demus. He was simply trying to make a living by selling a lot of high tech Roboid dolls to his organic customers. Nothing wrong with that at all.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bee427

Y. You sure about that one???
    Screenshot (41).png

• Like Like x 6
  14. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Well-Known Member

Yup, still sure. :) 

15. Bee427

awkward-umm-what.gif

• Like Like x 3
  16. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Octane is probably the most laid back,friendly and open minded d-con. He actually does keep his word, as shown in the episode where he and whats-his-face were hanging out in the middle east and protecting the sultan or whatever, in exchange for energon.

• Like Like x 5
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth AEIOU

Kind Decepticons:

G1 Octane (I'd like to mention that he's friends with Sandstorm, an Autobot. That's not very common)

TFA Scrapper (could've potentially been an Autobot if he had the right path)

Armada Starscream

Despicable Autobots:

DOTM Sentinel Prime

I wouldn't really nominate TFA Bumblebee for what happened to Wasp, because he was manipulated by Shockwave in disguise as Longarm. I'd pin that more on Shockwave than I would Bumblebee. Bumblebee wasn't aware of who Longarm really was.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Saberblade

Saberblade Such Heroic Nonsense!

Ebay:
    Most kindest Decepticon is Octane especially in G1, and most despicable Autobot is DOTM Sentinel after he betrayed the Autobots

• Like Like x 4
  19. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

There's also those guys Sandstorm (Skram, Fireball, Lander and Diver) killed for massacring planets that helped the decepticons in IDW1.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW Soundwave

IDW Autobot Megatron (his sins carried over)

• Like Like x 2