Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    One because they hate us.....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And it's the Batman and Robin Batmobile

• Like Like x 4
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Cool idea :)  I'd love an SU/Transformers crossover. There's a lot of common ground... could totally have the Gems as Titan Masters who can Fuse/Combine with bots ^^
    I've had a few ideas going around my head... one of which being a new Gem - Energon, naturally :) 

Prime Masters is a story concept that really deserves a proper exploration in fiction someday as the idea of the Primes being reincarnated in modern day bots could be a really cool plotline...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Unicron was right

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Incidentally, the idea of them being prime masters in design was from thinking of ways to make SU fusion tfs. Which I settled on smaller, individual figures that combine Superlink style (having spots for their individual gem masters), then dedicated bigger fusion figures that you put the gem masters in, garnet having fists big enough for one in each hand.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Honestly I’d love like 5-10 more Huffer/ pipes repaints tbh. Like let’s do SG Huffer, give the Argentinian/ Peruvian variants names and make them new characters. Let’s make new colour swaps for him. Let’s make Huffer kingdom’s sideswipe. Now it won’t happen as I feel most people don’t share the same enthusiasm for the little grouch but I can dream!

• Like Like x 3
  6. DrakenDaWolfy

DrakenDaWolfy Well-Known Member

Modern CHUG G1/GF Mudflap and Landmine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DrakenDaWolfy

Okay hear me out, they, somehow, revive Animated. The toys would be cool, the show would be amazing- the downside is I doubt they would do that. Now hear me out... Skids made out of Jazz. Scottie Bree (I did not tag them because they have been inactive) kinda did this with Tuner Skids' vehicle kibble with the RTS Jazz mold. I think it could be done, or maybe things will have to be changed. Maybe a mish-mash of Jazz and Blurr. It's stupid but I love it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DrakenDaWolfy

Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Transformers: Dispensor (New mold)
    Transformers Studio Series Voyager Transformers: Longarm (possible Ironhide retool)
    Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Transformers Revenge of The Fallen: Sideways (Barricade/Dino retool)
    Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Transformers Revenge of The Fallen: Breakaway (new mold)
    Transformers Studio Series Voyager Transformers Dark of the moon: Roller (Revenge of The Fallen Megatron retool)
    Transformers Studio Series Voyager Transformers Age of Extinction: Garbagebot (Retool of a possible Hound or Long Haul or maybe a new mould entirely)
    Transformers Studio Series Voyager Transformers Age of Extinction: Optimus Pime (improved retool of TLK Voyager OP)
    Transformers Studio Series Voyager Transformers The Last Knight Hero to Villain two pack (Stasis Optimus Prime and Nemesis Prime redecos of above)
    Transformers Studio Series Voyager Transformers The Last Knight: Canopy (obvious Long Haul retool)
    Transformers Studio Series Leader Transformers The Last Knight: Dragonstorm (Brand new mould)

9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A better Chromedome in Legacy heavily remolded from/reusing the engineering of SS86 Hot Rod. He'd have better proportions and be less hollow than the TR figure, and the empty space underneath the canopy in vehicle mode could easily be retooled as a functioning cockpit for the Headmaster. They might even be able to use the extra plastic budget from the accessories to include a Rewind figure with him.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Xaran Alamas

That sounds like a great idea! Especially if they include Rewind. It'd be sweet if he could ride in the cockpit but I'm not sure of the logistics for that ^^'
    Though, now remembering the bit from the epilogue for Lost Light I'm imagining a Chromedome fig with a Headmaster who's robot mode is decoed like Rewind...

• Like Like x 4
  11. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Unicron was right

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    A combiner whose parts become individual robots without typical alt modes, but the combined mode has an alt mode. Like, a big wheeled monster truck, shift to big bot, then the arms/legs/two part torso split into bots, and even the wheels unfold into smaller bots.

Take it a step further g1 micromaster combiner squad style: any rear and front vehicle halves can fit together in combined vehicle and combined robot modes. So the front half is a truck, but the rear half is the back of a space shuttle. And then combined robot mode looks like armada prime wearing jetfire pants.

• Like Like x 3
  12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    after seeing the fuzzy image of the unimpressive looking Cybertron Metroplex, I'm kind of becoming obsessed with the idea that we need a Titan Broadside.

the Aircraft Carrier, while not in scale would be decently sized for deluxe and core/legends aircraft. (cue upcoming Superion redo??) - at 22" tall, he could feasibly push 2-1/2 feet in carrier mode depending on the transformation.

Instead of a fighter, I'd make the triple-changer mode a cargo jet, with enough room inside for 2-3 deluxe cars

Fun Easter egg would be making his carrier mode the USS Flagg (from G.i. Joe).

there's precedent for him being a massive feller in the comics going back to DW. (and it just makes a lot of sense)

we could finally recreate this scene from Carnage in C-minor
    Broadsidecrushesdevastator.jpg

he also got one of the absolute worst modern updates, and is finally due to get his just desserts.

What says the almighty @LoserBroadside ????

• Like Like x 5
  13. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Look, the only way HasLab is going to get me to back one of their Kickstarters is a GI Joe-scaled USS Flagg that turns into Broadside. I might buy two.

• Like Like x 3
  14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    LOL! now THAT would be a thing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Xaran Alamas

I love this idea. I definitely want Hasbro to go hog wild with combination beyond just Scramble City Combiners. Combined vehicle modes would be gret fun, though your monster truck comment had me imagining one becoming a wheel which reminded me this was a thing in Power Rangers:

:lolol 

In seriousness though, another combined altmode which would work would be something like in the anime which in the West was released as Thunderbirds 2048 or something like that (and indeed the original anime was inspired by Thunderbirds) had their Thunderbird One, Two and I think Three could combine into a giant space cruiser, so you could have something like that with a large aircraft/spaceship core bot and the components forming booster engines, an extended command module/bridge thing etc. I have vague memories of my brother having some toy as a kid which was built around the idea of modular vehicles you could reassemble in various ways but I can't remember what it was called. I kind of feel like it had a vague Mad Max post apoc vibe to it...

I also like that idea of Micromaster Combiner style writ large. I gather Robots in Disguise did something a bit similar with Crash Combiners though that was for two bot combiners in robot mode rather than altmode too...

In short, I want them to do another combiner themed line and while sure we could get some more Scramble City style combiners using CW Combiner Ports I'd want them to just go wild with all sorts of combination styles. A new take on PCC incorporating Weaponizer modular upgrades for other bots would also work well :) 

A Titan Aircraft Carrier makes so much sense, and great idea with a cargoplane altmode. With my TR Broadside I fanmoded a spaceship instead of the brickjet as while I'm fine with mass shifting, that tech doesn't exist for toys :D 

Love the USS Flagg homage idea :D  could have some mini Skystriker jetbots as a bonus ^^

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    A 50's- invasion-movie-style show, "Transformers from Outer Space"
    lf-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Xaran Alamas

...didn't you post some mock up Transformer movie posters in this style in the UK Thread?
    Or was that @Vertex ? :lol 

Transformers in other eras is a solid concept though :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Wasn’t me! I did like the posters though. And agree that Transformers through the ages = cool. Rock Lords for the Neolithic, natch. :D :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Xaran Alamas

Naturally! :lol 

TBH, it'd be great for TF fiction of some kind to actually explore Transformers through multiple eras. Like I don't think we've really seen anything much since G1 Cartoon TFTM and Season 3/JG1 exploring taking Transformers into the future with humans and Transformers working together on a large scale going out into space etc. We've been perpetually stuck in the present day for TF fiction on the whole, or jumping back a few decades for Bumblebee. I mean Beast Wars was both future and distant past but we didn't get much exploration of that future.

So yeah, Transformers through the eras with past, present and future would be cool!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blitzwang

Blitzwang Voyager Class G2 Ransack plz Hasbro

I really want to see the micromasters again… just not micro. I’d love a voyager class Sunrunner, deluxe class Oiler and Slide, etc.

I know it kinda defeats the whole purpose, but I love the look and alt modes of a lot of them, just loathe the size and lack of articulation.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2