Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not enough boats. I went out of my way to get Manta Ray, Thunderblast, and Tidal Wave(TR) for that reason.

• Like Like x 5
  2. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

You should look into Energon Dreadwind or Mirage. They're a pain to Transform yet make up for it be being top notch boats and robots. ;) 

I always thought it would be cool if they made a Transformer that was a Lowrider. While most TF cars are already low to the ground I mean more of a traditional "Lowrider" a 1960's Chevy Impala or Cadillac with a wild outrageous paint job and 100 spoke wheels with 4 corner adjustable suspension in vehicle mode.. and maybe a corny hat and sunglasses for the 'Bot a la the Go-Bot Tux.

• Like Like x 4
  3. DrakenDaWolfy

DrakenDaWolfy Well-Known Member

Linked to the boats thing, remember that Negatron from Family guy? That'd be cool, under a different name though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrakenDaWolfy

Inspired by Smelt's recent Digibash (Animated G1 Oil Slick from SS86 Wreck-Gar), I'd love to see Hasbro, or even Takara, make a toyline where they take some, if not all, popular variants of characters and put them into a G1 style. We got WFC Barricade which was a G1 Movie Barricade when G1 Barricade was a Mircomaster. I can see them making a new mold for Blackout and Scorponok, Blackout being Leader or even Commander and Scorponok being a Battle Master, Oil Slick from SS86 Wreck-gar, Lockdown from Earthrise Jackie or even the Battlestarter twins. I think a toyline like this could bring light to some characters, I really think it'd have potential.

Not only this, what if they complete the entire cast of the 86 Movie in Kingdom and SS86? Why not move to 'Comic Series' or 'Manga Series'? Sure, we have Gen. Selects, but I don't think that can do all of the work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DrakenDaWolfy

These all scale with SS86/WFC and possibly whatever comes out next.

New molds:
    Armada Megatron - Leader Class
    He would be about a head taller than Kingdom Cyclonus but taking cues from from his Siege counterpart. He would also come with his minicon partner, Leader-1, in the Micromaster fashion.
    Hot Shot - Deluxe Class
    Just a reference to IDW Hot Shot.
    Animated/G1 Lockdown* - Deluxe Class
    Possible new mold with how he has to scale with the other members (i.e. Barricade) and weapon storage.
    Blurr - Deluxe Class
    New mold taking design cues of Animated Blurr and Gen. Drift-Blurr. My idea is - upwards-pointed shoulders, waistcoat gun holsters, wheel feet (though may be faux with wheels in the middle of the faux tires to give the idea of he's sprinting at super speed), IDW styled head.
    G2 Optimus Prime/Laser Prime - Commander Class
    Like Kingdom Rods, he comes with his trailer that forms a Battle Station with a few deviations from the original. The legs are a mix of his G1 WFC counterpart and Kingdom Cyclonus (the legs opens up to fold down the legs), his shoulders take cues from his original figure, but the shoulders are on dual ratchets, not mentioning the arms under the cab's extended front. Fingers are articulated, seeing how Hasbro did to Rods Prime, giving good amount of articulation. If it's possible, with the battle station I'd love to see the exosuit alike Maketoys Battle Tankers.

Retools:
    Fire Convoy/Car Robots Optimus Prime - Leader - Commander Class
    I can see this being a retool of CW Hot Spot, shortened but at the same scale of the Kingdom Primes, the 'cab' being the core, like your traditional Prime or Magnus. 'Trailer' turns into a battle station or healing station (whatever it was) but also becomes armour. Would use elements of CW and WFC Magnus.
    God Magnus/Car Robots Ultra Magnus - Leader - Commander Class
    A huge retool of Siege Magnus with Core robot, trailer parts is intended to be armour, but there could be room of a base mode for Core Magnus, alike Thunderclash's battle station. Armour forms God Magnus or Super God Fire Convoy, the core bots finding a way to fuse which would take up Leader to possibly just under Commander.
    Animated/G1 Lockdown* - Deluxe Class
    It could also be a good retool of SS86 Hot Rod or Earthrise Jackie or the Battlechargers.
    Thunderclash/Hyperdrive - Leader Class
    I think it's clear it'd be a retool of Ultra Magnus, but with a new feature of turning the armour into his signature battle station. Not sure how they'd do it if they do try, but thought it'd be cool. His armoured up form would be called "Hyperdrive" and the core bot is Thunderclash - hence why I put both names for those who don't know who Hyperdrive is/would be.
    Super Ginrai/Powermaster Optimus Prime - Leader Class*
    PMOP would be a retool of Kingdom Ultra Magnus respectfully. His grill section will have a retool, a few slits in the corners so Ginrai (Sadly a retool redeco of the cassettes after seeing Knok and Skar) can sit in vehicle mode. Chest armour would have a retool for Ginrai to sit in his respected space. The trailer's base/shoulder armours would be retooled entirely to give off the Powermaster Prime look and to attach to the cab in alt. mode.
    Armada Starscream - Voyager Class
    Armada Starscream is a heavily rework of the original Armada Starscream taking cues from his T30 figure and Kingdom Cyclonus. The legs would be exactly the same as Cyclonus's, the arms and hands conversions too. Instead of the wings being ball-jointed and holding energon blades under them, depending if Has/Tak wants to go for Accuracy or play valuable, the wing/wings are connected by ports which are on ball-joints, inspired by his original toy of removing the wing to become his sword and the T30 figure of the ball-jointed wings. Now, the wings could, and I would like to see it, have 5mm holes on the underside which may make the sword/swords look ugly. What else they could do, which I doubt with the looks of Kingdom (though I only think it's the beastformers) is add 3mm ports on the wings to give it blast effect compatibility, mainly swooshing ones. The shoulder armor/panels can be articulated for a more dramatic look. One thing T30 did, kinda, right is a compactable backpack. Now what I'm hoping is the same, but keeping the thrusters next to his neck. Like how Armada Megs would come with Leader-1, Scream would come with Swindle which activates the gatling blasters, though has holes instead of missles. Why? For blast effects!

Generations Selects:
    God Ginrai/Super Ginrai and Godbomber/Powermaster Optimus Prime - Leader Class*

Ginrai would be a retool of Star Convoy('s cab) and Super Ginrai('s trailer) with Ginrai (sadly again a cassette repaint, but honestly, I rather the cassettes that somewhat look like the Godmaster engines than those Titan/Prime Masters. Ugh...) that can attach in vehicle and robot mode. I can definitely see this working, and I really hope this does happen as I think it could make a really good Ginrai figure. God Bomber would be included, being retooled slightly yet immensely from the original Takara Legends Bomber or perhaps even a new mold taking some cues. What I do hope to happen, if this comes true and they make a new Godbomber, is that they will keep the Titan Master compatibility in vehicle mode. I also hope that they have taken notes of the current God Ginrai we have now to avoid those annoying flaws.
    MegaZarak - Leader Class
    A redeco of my Armada Megs, includes Caliburn. What else?
    Ramjet - Voyager Class/Battle Pack
    Ramjet would be head retool redeco of Armada Starscream. He comes with his signature 4 minicons done in the Mircomaster style. His bio would indicate that he is pretty much MegaZarak's Starscream but, being a herald of Unicron, not as cowardly, charming, smug, no. Just pure brute of destruction, all in the name of Unicron.
    Then and Now - Scourge and Toxitron
    Scourge and Toxitron would be a redeco of my G2 Prime. Scourge is based of his Car Robots counterpart. I personally repurpose RID Scourge as G2 Scourge, since many character names were repurposed during those times. The reason that this two pack would be called "Then and Now" is because in Shell Game, Scourge was poisoned with Tox-En by the tyrant, MegaZarak, and recyclced his chassis to be his loyal minion, Toxitron. As a reference to his Animated counterpart, instead of a sword, like G2 Prime, Scourge, and SG Magnus, he carries a plunger.
    Leadership and Wisdom - Defensor and Ultra Trion
    Defensor would be a redeco of my Fire Convoy and Ultra Trion would be a redeco of God Magnus. This could extend or retcon Shell Game's story. I'd love to see the comic, that I assume it could have, will introduce the next Omega Prime; Alpha Defense/Alpha Prime. In the story, Ultra Trion still wouldn't escape his fate and his death would be the same, if not similar.

Dumb stuff:
    Guardian- Combiner Class/Combiner giftset
    I think that there should be a "Combiner Class" rather than just label it as "Commander" or "Titan". Protector takes the Shell Game Protection Team (basically their version of the Protectobots minus one member). It will take Defensor, being a retool of CW Hot Spot respectfully, Rook, a repaint of Rook in a S.W.A.T. color shceme, First Aid, a more native ambulance color scheme (perhaps the UK Rapid Response?) and Blades, a retool of CW Blades. A new character would be introduced, but with a Fire Response theme. I don't habe a name, but I do know it'd be a redeco of First Aid. I guess we could add Groove as a minibot under the name "Quickwheel", giving the impression he's quick. Perhaps he can be a ninja-bot, a reference to Animated Prowl? Guardian is a reference to Defensor's Japanese name. If you couldn't tell, this is a reference to the cancelled Defensor figure from Fire Convoy. This one was wacky but thought I'd try an idea of a combiner that does exist but doesn't at the same time. Plus I thought I'd try working on a Combiner from a universe/series I'm not full on with, but do admire for the designs and such.
    Unicron - Shattered Glass
    Just another way to kill your wallet.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this idea! I think if they rework how the nosecone/chest transforms it could actually work really well, and it could also in turn be retooled into a great G1 toy-inspired Jetfire.

We definitely need an IDW/G1-ified Animated Lockdown too. I'd ideally want him to be a Voyager so that he can be Voyager-height without being too light and hollow, and hopefully come with lots of weapons too. I'd love it if he could come with a huge canon and face mask inspired by his AoE design in addition to his supercharger/arm blaster and hook.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    this is a dumb idea because it will limit if i can get it even further but I'd like the SDCC set to be all about the Golden disk card possible futures.
    Dinomus, Gladiator Megs, Maximal Arachnia and Dark Ark in one gigantic boxset

• Like Like x 2
  8. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

A Godzilla transformer in scale.

• Like Like x 3
  9. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

More sea vehicles than boats, but I want to see new characters with this alternate modes:
    -Hovercraft
    -Submarine
    -Jet ski
    -Ocean liner

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking about potential crossovers and I thought of a two-pack I'd really love to see: Hopper's police truck and Billy's Camaro from Stranger Things! ER Trailbreaker would be perfect for the truck, they'd just have to tweak the details a bit to match the different truck model. He's even already got the dad bod in robot mode :lol  For the Camaro there are a few molds that might work but I think the ER Datsun mold would be best, the car mode has similar overall proportions and with the robot mode transforming the way it does, with a bumper chest and door wings, it'd be perfect for repainting with a new head as CHUG Bayverse Bumblebee later on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

I've mentioned this before but I would buy combiners(in scale with WFC) as a single, solid figure that doesn't come apart into its component bots AND then I would buy individual bots from combiner teams that do not combine and instead concentrate on spot-on robot and vehicle/beast modes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Gobot in disguise

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Grayscale soundwave minions. Just shades of gray. No eye paint apps, no variations, confirmed troop builders. Gray cat, gray condor, etc.

Edit: I now realize this was kind of the case for the movie minions, but I initially meant G1 style.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

I'm sure many wouldn't say it's dumb and I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I want classics Rescue bots. All of them. Heatwave, Chase, Boulder, Blades, Blurr, Salvage, High Tide, and Quicksahdow.

• Like Like x 2
  14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Some combiners would definitely benefit for that, like the comic versions of Sky Reign, Galvatronus and Victorion (all 100 versions, lol) and the added benefit of not needing to separate them would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Waiting for bite in sales thread.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Make hand and feet sets for POTP retail combiner sets using the KP/GN hands and feet.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Premium finish line, where the price is increased like 10-15 bucks, but the paint is super accurate SS Hot Rod with all the yellow parts painted, ER Optimus with all the headlights painted and such, and ER Megatron in sliver with no battle damage.

• Like Like x 2
  17. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Core class Quintesson Scientist, three-faced Quintesson, and, fates allowing since he got a release in the 5 pack, Quintesson Prosecutor. Based on S3 rewatch, this seems to be the proper scale. I'm sure the Scientist could be given a simple transformation and the three-faced Quint could be a Scientist retool.

Deluxe Quintesson Executioner.

• Like Like x 4
  18. DrakenDaWolfy

With the visor gimmick of SS Hot Rod, I wouldn't be surprised if we do get a new gun face lockdown.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I still want the small Headmasters.

Nightbeat - repaint of Chromedome with a new chest and the Loudmouth head
    Siren - repaint of Chromedome with a new chest (different from Nightbeat's), a light-bar and the Nightbeat head
    Hosehead - repaint of Hook with new legs, new back, a ladder and the Cab head (from the God Ginrai set)
    Fangry - repaint of Grotusque with a new beast head and the Fangry head
    Squeezeplay - repaint of Grotusque with a new beast head, no wings and the Crashbash head
    Horri-Bull - repaint of Wolfwire with a new beast head, a new tail and the Terri-Bull head

The front and back would be remolded to resemble a fire engine, and be able to accept Titan Master heads.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. DrakenDaWolfy

Easter Cyclonus.

• Like Like x 1