Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    I know it's dumb because of how much she shelf warmed but I want to see Earth mode Chromia. She'd most likely be a retool of Arcee but still.

2. Daaarttt

Daaarttt Local Cool Guy

Instagram:
    Dumb or nah, I want a new Legends scale subline again, extensive, like the old Cyberverse line :lolol :lolol :lolol 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    So, AoE Galvatron kinda inspired this idea in me:

What if there was a G1-styled Megatron, that transformed into a truck? But instead of having a trailer, like Prime, it's carrying a bunch of concrete tubes? But, surprise, in robot mode, those concrete tubes turn out to not just be his Fusion Cannon, but they can be assembled into his G1 battle platform mode?

It'd be more interesting that just having him be a tank. Again.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Maybe go the DOTM route and have him a tanker truck?

• Like Like x 4
  5. DrakenDaWolfy

DrakenDaWolfy Well-Known Member

In other words, Generations (RTS I believe) Laser Prime with the tanker upgrade?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes but more Scourge and with a giant ass arm gun

• Like Like x 4
  7. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Also a good idea.

I just like the idea of Megatron being more of a direct parallel to Prime. I mean, yeah, a tank makes sense for Megatron, but I just feel like it's so... uncreative.

But a truck has muscle. Grunt. Like... it makes more sense to me for Megatron, as sort of a "people's champion" that he presents himself as to rise to power in the first place.

Especially if you go for what you said, with like a Mad Max style truck. Just feels more appropriate for a pit fighter-type character.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DrakenDaWolfy

DrakenDaWolfy Well-Known Member

Would be cool to see DOTM Voyager Megatron back, but with necessary changes. I do like the idea of the fuel tank becoming the fusion cannon.

9. kzhe

kzhe Well-Known Member

articulated g1 fugures

• Like Like x 1
  10. nortran11

nortran11 Active Member

Instagram:
    MORE JUMPSTARTERS

• Like Like x 2
  11. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    This is why I think DOTM Megatron's design is held in such high esteem, despite the flak that the Bayformer designs get. DOTM was the first piece of TF media, since Animated, that had Megatron transform into something that wasn't a tank or jet.

I'd like to see Megatron become a truck again, and my reasoning is directly in line with yours. However, I just can't see it happening because:
    1. Megatron is the only character that isn't allowed to transform into his original alt mode from the G1 series, and I'm sure we all know why. A tank, especially a blocky one, allows Hasbro to create figures that are accurate to the blocky G1 design (as evidenced by Siege and Earthrise).
    2. Motormaster, and by extension, Nemesis Prime already have claimed the evil truck motif. I'm just simply spitballing/guessing here, but I don't think Hasbro wants fans, specifically children and their parents, to get confused. It's worth noting that, when Age of Extinction was filming, and before the characters were officially announced, Transformers fans thought the Freightliner Argosy was Motormaster. It's no coincidence that there haven't been any more Decepticons that transform into semi-trucks (as far as I know), much like how there haven't really been any Autobots that transform into a flat nose truck (again, as far as I know).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ..we're getting two of them this line in Huffer and Pipes.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    And we'll Optimus Prime himself ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Gobot in disguise

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Megatron turned into a space dragster in Cybertron, iirc. (Checks wiki) yep. And ironically his "galvatron" colors were more megatron than his unicron-esque colors as megatron.

Anyway, my case for megatron as a sports car:

1: flashy loud vehicle is more opposite to working class optimus. Still have him be a pit fighter revolutionary or whatever, but an alt mode of haughty excess "I'm better than you" attitude contrasts well against a utilitarian truck of honor and justice.

2: flashy loud vehicle is more opposite to jet fighter. How much more treacherous and ticked off will starscream be if he not only must obey a sports car megatron, but still get his flying trousers trounced by a land based vehicle that can't aim up?

3: car bots display better than truck bots, ie no trailer nonsense.

3.5: potential contrast with hot rodimus prime.

But that all being said, I'm kind of in a "don't want decepticons" mood, so I don't have any real say in this. Would be cool to make a megatron go vroom again, tho.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tank Megatron, car/jet Galvatron. Megatron is more of a rough and tumble fighter, lives for the kill. Galvatron is there for maximum cruelty and excess. Flight to gain any advantage, wheels to outrun when air superiority isn't possible, sharp edges everywhere you look. Plus it gives more reason for the Unicron spawned maniac to have similar armor cues

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arale

Arale Well-Known Member

Rattrap could merge his spark with Arceeā€™s.

17. Zoingo

Zoingo Team Monkey Pants!

This almost makes it feel like Galvatron is Megatron's Mid-life crisis solution, in a sense lol. And to be frank, I kinda like that.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    When ISN'T that the case?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Gobot in disguise

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    A starscream toy with interchangeable armor bits, like liger zero from zoids. You start with the stock starscream mold with appropriate color coded armor bits, then through hasbro pulse release armor bit kits in every other seeker scheme. Rinse and repeat for tetrajets and coneheads. Maybe make them headmasters so you can do easy face swaps for different expressions.

This could accomplish quite a bit, including but not limited to: encouraging collector types to buy multiples of the exact same seeker mold made widely available at retail, moving units like hotcakes, especially if collectors know the armor kits are guaranteed to happen -- reduce production assembly and painting costs compared to the current way of doing seekers, but that may be skewed by the headmaster idea -- and potentially use less warehouse space compared to stocking fully assembled figures.

Hypothetically this could be done for any characters that historically have shared body types, like the datsuns. An entire line with this as the collector focused side gimmick could allow for a lot of names to be held on to without the hurdle of convincing Walmart to buy thousands of additional units of the same toy in a different color scheme. The only blatant major downside I can think of is all the stock starscream/conehead armor parts people will have accumulated, but in keeping the recolor kit boxes they'll at least have something in which to neatly store them.

20. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a character with a flatbed trailer. Either as an accessory or as part of its actual transformation.

I saw one on the road earlier today and thought that'd make a neat transformer who could haul either weapons or micromasters.

I would also like more sea-based characters. Seaspray gets bored just hanging out with Broadside.