Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Rereleases of all core Combiners' (Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, Devastator and Computron) components from Combiner Wars but with remolding where needed to give them ankle tilts and wrist swivels. And I mean all of them, meaning Alpha Bravo and Off Road get it along with Slingshot and Wildrider. Not sure if it would be possible with mini-Groove though.

Edit with a couple more:

Earthrise Ironhide recolored as the Mystery Machine.

Purple Autobot Combiner:

Alpha Trion from UW Blast Off
    Impactor from Onslaught
    Nautica from Scylla
    Rescue Bots Blurr from Wheeljack
    Reuse Siege Lancer

'86 movie Combiner:

Ultra Magnus from Hot Spot
    Arcee from Moonracer
    Hot Rod from Dead End
    Reuse CW Wreck-Gar
    Springer from Skyburst
    Chest minion Wheelie

Decimus Prime (Ben 10's Transformer form.) It would work best as a tall Deluxe because of its car mode and that it's a Prime.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My number one TF wishlist item would be for Takara to make a mainline-scaled G1 gun Megatron. Obviously it would be like the MP in that Hasbro couldn't release it themselves, but just the opportunity to have one that looks right next to Earthrise Prime would make me so happy.

3. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a CHUG Brave Series revival

5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Alright, here is a REALLY dumb one. A triple fusion version of a character that has the same name. Example?

Take G1 Predacon Rampage, RotF Constructicon Rampage and BW Rampage and throw them into a singular entity. The alt mode would be a front loader with a tiger head where the driver's seat is, crab legs instead/with treads and his robot mode will have whips with crab clawsatthe end.

This idea would also work with bots that have drastically different forms between the three iterations. Maybe Copter animated Megs, bomber IDW megs and Bayverse Tank Megs would be my bet for him. We could have a cheat and have G1 OP, Bayverse Jetpower OP and Bat Convoy be his opponent.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

That is a really cool concept that would make a fun anniversary subline or something.

Also now have the fun thought of what if Titan Scorponok had somehow managed to progress long enough to prototypes before someone points out "Er... that's the wrong Scorponok, it's meant to be G1 Scorponok, not Beast Wars Scorponok!!!" :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't call this dumb, but after seeing the Flame Toys design of Windblade, I'd be on board if there was new Deluxe figure where her wings would detach to become a bow weapon.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky A well meaning Decepticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Now this I can kinda get behind. Galaxy force sideways did the same sorta thing, makes for practical accessory storage... provided it ain't easy to lose. How many G1 Blurrs have I seen with a missing front shield...

But yeah, could test the waters, see if that can become something of a normal occurrence. Join the wings together into shields, or a more convincing surfboard than the one earthrise arcee is getting.

9. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Generation Zero

release a line of figures that depict what certain characters would look like if they stepped out of the oracle, I'm not just talking about techno-organic maximals and predacons, I'm referring to all Transformers, like G1, and even quintessons but I don't want to go in a Transtech route though, leave that to someone else to bring back. I'm purely in for the unorthodox and sometimes creepy Beast Machines design aspect, like how would Optimus Prime and Megatron from G1 look like with techno-organic skin? Imagine if there was unnamed animal DNA in a character's "vehicle" forms? its something to ponder if you ask me. I mean we're always seeing new toys of the same G1 characters, we might as well get a new twist. Of course, BM Rhinox and Dinobot would finally be a reality, along with literally anyone else even BM Megatron of all people. I think Transformers needs to be turned on its head again and a major shakeup needs to happen and we should go back to explore the organic, I put this in the dumb ideas thread because its where the most creativity seems to come from.

• Like Like x 4
  10. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was just thinking, what about an "And All the Rest" convention-exclusive boxset from Hasbro, collecting a number of obscure Transformers from the Bay films?

I could see a set made up of:

Dew-bot from the 07' film
    The kitchen-bots from ROTF
    Oreo-bot from AOE

• Like Like x 1
  11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

A G1 Optimus Prime with a Super Mode inspired by Powermaster Optimus Prime, but the core Optimus has his regular transformation scheme instead of Jinrai's backwards transformation with the faux kibble and looks like regular G1 Optimus instead of having blue arms, and the trailer looks like the regular G1 trailer in alt-mode. Bonus points if the Super Mode's side chest doors are the cab robot's real truck mode doors.

Also, maybe a trailer for SS-38 Bumblebee Optimus Prime that turns into a Call of Duty-style exoskeketon with a tactical theme, featuring Aliens-style hip-mounted heavy cannons like a gatling gun and railgun, Optimal Optimus-style shields, Transmetal Optimus Primal-style rotating shoulder cannons, and a giant axe that folds into a shield like Toyworld Freedom Leader's, and an armored vest that resembles Armada Optimus' grill with pouches with extra magazines for his Ion rifle, and a torso-holstered handgun that looks like Energon Optimus' revolver.

...yeah, I like trailer upgrades for my Primes.

• Like Like x 3
  12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Hanging out at Eldora

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    After looking around some miscellaneous Gundam stuffs, what about a Transformers: Variations (TFV) (Sort of like Gundam's Mobile Suit Variations) that pairs up current existing toys with alternate set of weapons of equipment? Think of a character and pair them up with a completely unexpected set of equipment, creating MSV like designs, such as:

• What if Ultra Magnus has an alternate weapon set add-on with heavy-duty drill and claw dedicated with motif of tools and heavy machinery, and was built under the concept of crushing heavily-armored opponents with overwhelming power?
    • What if Siege Hot Shot can optionally tow a customized light-duty trailer (Disguised as a Garbage work trailer), equipped with a long-range laser turret for long range sniping attack (Which can also be optionally manned by either a human or Hot Shot himself), as well as a secret tool box disguised as a big garbage container that contains some useful tools such as stun grenades and sensor drones for detecting any enemy movements?

• Like Like x 2
  13. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    All the random background bots and cons from the Netflix series. Blue, Red and Green, and brown Sideswipes, white and red, Green, brown Mirage, and every Cog and Seeker color in the rainbow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leopold Xerovsky

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Working off of this, take the custom paintable figures out of conventions and make them their own sub line in the arts and crafts section. Fully tranforming, cast in as much paintable plastic as possible. Paint our own seekers, carbots, heck maybe even paint our own primes. Really opens up the options for people wanting the 13 when you can paint Megatron black and silver with red lining.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

BotBots Titans: Malloplex. It's the shopping mall. I mean, it got hit by the Energon cloud too!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Zoingo

Zoingo Team Monkey Pants!

Building off of the trailer upgrades idea, something I had in mind for my own hypothetical series of figures was that prime could gradually be built up into a kind of Cybertronian Road Train. Prime himself would be a massive figure, but with each wave that introduces a new gimmick, that prime gets a new trailer which would allow him to be semi-capable of that gimmick.
    One trailer becomes a repair bay like his original. Another could be a full-on front line deployable encampment with nutty weaponry. Another becomes a set of armor like Magnus has. Yet another allows him to combine with other combiner figures, etc. You get the idea. By the end, you could have this massive cybertronian truck tugging something like nine trailers behind, each one capable of something different, and likely able to be used in conjunction with one another.
    ...No clue how the engineering would work though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Still waiting for a transforming Autobot Spike (even if alt mode is non-cannon) and Masterpiece Shia Labeouf.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Leopold Xerovsky

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Shia LaBeouf is already a masterpiece.

• Like Like x 4
  19. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    A collection of the human allies from the various series based around the same buck used for the Human Alliance figures. Gives us Spike, Kicker, Verity, Miko, Sari, the burns family, etc. The Same general buck could also be used to plan out a new set of figures for Mask (and even possibly have a crossover)

• Like Like x 3
  20. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dear Hasbro,

I still want these!
    r_power-of-primes-panel-17.jpg

• Like Like x 7