Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    For crossover style repaints, what about an exclusive Studio Series release of SS-44 Optimus Prime repainted and retooled in the same way as MP-10G Ghostbusters Optimus Prime?

The top part of the trailer that originally transforms to form the Jetwing pack can be heavily retooled to be transformed into with a Proton Backpack for Optimus Prime:

[​IMG]

For the ring weapon rack part (As well as the weapons), the rest of the trailer can be redecorated to resembles the trailer from MP-10G and the weapons from the original SS-44 can be replaced by various Ghostbusters gadgets sized for SS Optimus Prime such as the PKE meter, Ghost Trap, communication radio or a Particle Thrower that can connect to the Proton back via a hose:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    This has probably already been suggested but as a recent convert to BotBots I can't help but thinking some of the ones with alt modes which are more hand held size it would be pretty neat to get some upsized BotBots at some point who turn into 1:1 versions of the items, like Smartphones or a game controller etc but in BotBot aesthetic.
    Of course they have done both of those previously in other lines but that just means there's precedent and those were done in a more realistic style.

That said, I'm now imagining a a Nintendo Switch combiner :D 

• Like Like x 4
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    So like these guys?
    8BBC5EE2-8FEF-406C-ACE3-CA0E407E21D5.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

Okay, so perusing some of the energon threads got me thinking: bring shirts and pants back, but make them headmasters.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Pantsmasters? Is that what you're saying? Because if it isn't, it should be.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Leopold Xerovsky

Yes.

I was thinking along the lines of the engineering, maybe some ways to allow the upper bodies of the individual bots to better accommodate the "shirt AND pants!" gimmick, and "hey, what if their heads were removable rather than having to take up space" came to mind. In fact, could take the narrative the Japanese G1 direction and have the bodies be drones the headmasters pilot, and then the headmaster that isn't running the combined pants and torsomasters could be piloting a mini vehicle made of their combined accessories. Make them all at scale somewhere between legends and deluxe and you've got an affordable gimmick line.

My one caveat is characterizing. So to say, named characters and generic characters. I personally would want to have the drone bodies come with stock autotrooper and deceptitrooper heads, then character specific heads could be released like in TR. That way you can army build if you want.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I have honestly never heard of this gimmick :D 

9. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    For some reason this made me think of a Proton Pack Battle master and I got really excited

• Like Like x 4
  10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Definitely dumb, but I really hope next year's titan will be a buff Metroplex. I kind of don't like the skinny bod the T30 one had thanks to the FOC games and it'll be neat to get another crack at him without spending $300 eBay dollars.....we better get weaponizer slammer and scamper before that though.

Fun fact: After I typed this up and looked for scamper Google suggested an Lg-EX Metroplex from a website from Orgersc.com that was $60. I googled the address and the same address is home for multiple online stores that are all very red-flagged natured. I wouldn't suggest buying it. This is more of a warning than anything and if there is a website scammer thread in this forum could you please let me know? I want this there, too.

• Like Like x 3
  11. laserghost

laserghost mixtape recordicon

News Credits:
    When they first announced Power of the Primes, I was thinking about how in CW everyone was a combiner and in TR everyone was a headmaster, so logically in PotP everyone must be a Prime. I still think the idea of an entire line of every minor character's what-if Prime incarnation, complete with their own Matrix of Leadership would be fascinating.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    That would rock. It would be pretty cool to someday get Prime versions of at least all the ones up for that vote. It does kind of suck how the Primes themselves really played a pretty minor role in Power of the Primes. It's pretty crazy that proper figures of the Primes themselves are few and far between across a variety of lines and styles.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    Add leader-class versions of each canon prime and you have a winner.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Leopold Xerovsky

An entire line composed of named characters, but none of them have factions. I know I know, that's actually dumb what with trademarking and hastak, but let's imagine they pull it off. They make a line out of characters that don't need "faction/name" names, they all have well designed and intuitive figures and gimmicks, and nobody from the line is aligned with any faction so they're all neither bot nor con.

A line with a narrative that allows for actual, guilt free imagination. A line for kids (and the young at heart) where it doesn't have to be war centric and can literally be anything (including war centric, because some kids... some kids just like to watch their imaginary worlds burn).

• Like Like x 5
  15. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Well, BotBots is kind of that although they do technically have factions but they're not Autobots or Decepticons :D 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    Plus, it would be a great source for more mundane bots. A guy who just turns into a cherry picker truck who’s accessories are shears or shovels. There’s plenty of Lego sets focused on mundane workers/occupations, so why not Transformers too?

• Like Like x 3
  17. laserghost

laserghost mixtape recordicon

News Credits:
    This reminds me of an idea I had a while back: Blind-bagged figures, all repaints of existing Legends figures, but with randomized color schemes and maybe even randomized head sculpts. They would each come with a blank info card for you to fill out with a name, tech specs, bio, and faction of your choosing. The idea is that a kid could have a unique Transformers all their own. You could get a purple and blue Bumblebee, but with Seaspray's head, and name it NeoVox and they have 10/10 stats for everything and they used to be a Decepticon but now just roam the galaxy fighting aliens instead of other Transformers, swearing off the war forever. Or a translucent orange Brawn, but with Powerglide's head, and name it Droptank and they have 1/10 intelligence and 9/10 firepower and they're an Autobot from the future who traveled back to our time because there were too many smart people and they felt inadequate. Or something like that.

So anyway, yeah I like the idea of encouraging kids to use their imaginations for these toys.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Leopold Xerovsky

(Mashes "like" into oblivion)

• Like Like x 5
  19. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I love this idea! Perfect for armybuilding...

• Like Like x 3
  20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Interesting. I just got this toy of a guy named Skullcruncher and I'm pretty sure he's an Autobot.

(Unless you mean original characters like in BotBots :p )

• Like Like x 3