Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    To be honest, I liked your original torso idea. It was cool to think of him more as a combiner in the sense that he could combine with literally anyone, not that he was just forced to combine with certain characters forever. It adds a new flavor to him; making him the first combiner not by being five dudes, but by being someone who gave the ability for other Transformers to combine with him (and a few who also became torsos that he viewed as "worthy" or something). I think it actually serves his mythos a lot better. Plus, I'd just like getting a whole line of the Thirteen original Primes as deluxe or even voyager toys, regardless of how they're done.

And yes, people resist change here, but it's the changes that usually add to a series' enjoyability. After all, if every series just copied G1, then there'd be no Beast Wars, Shattered Glass, ...Kiss Players... Okay, maybe not all of them were great, but at least they were different.

• Like Like x 4
  2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't trying to come off as aggressive. My apologies.
    Perhaps both could happen. All we'd need is a repeat of the whole Single Scattershot/Computron box set situation from CW.
    Torso bot first and then full box set team at a later date.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Thank you :) 

Thank you. It's also possible I overreacted so I'm sorry too. And yeah the idea of a box set as an alternative is the best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Not a Zaku

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Consider that we do have Movieverse toys with G1 colours redeco, how about Movieverse style redeco of Generations figures? Like Siege Ironhide in Movie Ironhide black colours, or Siege Sideswipe in Movieverse colours....

Something like this:

Siege Sideswipe in Movie colours.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Kaynowa

Kaynowa Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this. We got eHobby Ratchet and Ironhide repaints based on the movie (and Diaclone in the latter's case). I'd love to see characters in their other color schemes. Optimus Prime in Optimus Primal colors, IDW Drift and AoE, Sideswipe and Armada Wheeljack, etc. So many possibilities.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

I will always clamor for a BW stasis pod + protoform toy that you can program for either Maximal or Predacon, take out into nature or the zoo, and scan for an appropriate beast mode. Then you transmit the data to a factory and after bit, bam! A custom BW Transformer of the animal you scanned.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

That would be pretty cool as a phone app, maybe use something similar to face recognition technology for the alt-mode scanning. Only downside I can think of is it relying on a database of alt modes and having to re-use character models, making the customizeable character feature get real samey real fast. Maybe have an online battle feature and multiple characters to make so it doesn't get too boring.

8. Kaynowa

What if ee had something akin to a refined Trans-scanning series or Construct-bots, highly articulate frames with a bunch of points to split apart and a lego-like shell to make the alt modes. Sell new packs and themes, heads both new and familiar, maybe expandable frames with longer limbs and a collapsible/expandable torso so you can make almost any size class. Have pre-painted shells or offer blank colors to cater to the customizers, maybe even use this to foster more?

• Like Like x 3
  9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I really, really want all of those!!

10. Zoingo

Zoingo Newby customizer

I'm sure it's been brought up before, and this is more towards third parties, but I so want to see a Skyfire done up in the Skull Leader Veritech's Deco. Giving it a new head would rock as well, but that'd likely be asking for a bit too much...
    I know I would certainly love to see Maketoy's Buster Skywing sporting the deco.

11. Magnus Deacon

Magnus Deacon Demonic Prime

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You can get that if you get Iron Factory Cygnus and the reprolabel set for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    If Siege Jetfire gets a heavy retool for Cybertron Starscream, almost like an update to the Supreme class Starscream, I'd buy that.

13. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made...

More expensive versions of current toys that had hollow hiding panels, posable hands and premium paint jobs. For example, imagine a Siege Soundwave that had click-y buttons on his waist (just for detail), no battle damage, forearm panels built in, red paint on the shoulder missles, and an official tape deck mode out of the box. And maybe a pop in pop out red eye peice. All of this in a retro G1 inspired box that would include Laserbeak as a pack in. I'd pay $45 ~ $50 for that.

14. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Professional Casual

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    so basically chug masterpiece?

15. Kaynowa

Honestly. if we had Masterpiece quality with new and different designs (not unlike MakeToys Cross Dimensions line), I'd probably go into debt