Kind of a dumb idea, but it would be cool if they made....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by halfaway, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

That’s boring, I rather have an ambulon figure that splits in half and becomes armor

• Like Like x 1
  2. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Professional Casual

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    hmm, how about a titan master base that turns into a night/dance club?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

And it shall be called... Dancitron
    Dancitron - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 2
  4. Xaran Alamas

Some kinda do. Siege Voyager Prime can fit a Titan/Prime Master in his chest in bot mode (in the spot where his head goes in vehicle mode) though it's a bit snug. Jetfire's cockpit can seat a Titan/Prime Master too apparently.

5. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Triple changing legends

• Like Like x 3
  6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    For some reason, I was remembering when toy producers couldn't figure out what new toys to do for the Ninja Turtles so they just made them stuff for no reason like footballers, farmers, and I think they were cavemen at one time too. Why not give the Transformers jobs or themes like that? Imagine gardening Soundwave, basketball star Optimus, or Grimlock as a pirate. It'd be...! Well it'd be dumb but whatever.

• Like Like x 4
  7. The13Primes

The13Primes Jaxius._

News Credits:
    Rotf jetfire

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Then all the kissplayers would have a place to hangout, brilliant!

• Like Like x 4
  9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi What’s my age again?

News Credits:
    A Bay-verse spin-off line where everyone is a Protoform and therefore the same vehicle, a meteor-looking kind of jet:
    upload_2019-5-14_19-32-14.jpeg
    In the style of 2007-DOTM, they’re packaged in vehicle mode. This functions both as a homage and as the central component of the gimmick. The box will NOT tell you which character you’re getting. All you’ll get are boxes like these:
    upload_2019-5-14_19-37-43.jpeg upload_2019-5-14_19-38-31.jpeg
    But with no name, the faction symbol replaced with an ambiguous rub sign, and only the name “PROTOFORM”.

So in a sense, these figures functionally work the same way as blind bags but technically aren’t.

To spice things up, they’ll be Deluxes & Voyagers and cost a bit less than SS. BUT, to compensate for their reduced need of licensing fees, paint, etc., they will all be the same size as pre-DOTM figures regardless of character. As a rough estimate:
    Deluxe - at least 14.0 cm
    Voyager - at least 18.0 cm
    In other words, huge.

Most designs will be based on unused concept art:
    upload_2019-5-14_19-46-40.jpeg upload_2019-5-14_19-47-8.jpeg upload_2019-5-14_19-47-29.jpeg upload_2019-5-14_19-47-58.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-14_19-48-42.jpeg upload_2019-5-14_19-49-5.jpeg
    While everyone becomes the same thing, the way they transform will be unrelated to one another. Nobody’s a retool here, this line is 100% new mold for the sake of variety so the figures won’t feel stale.

This won’t happen, but it’s always fun to imagine :p 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

A sludge figure who’s dinosaur neck flips down to reveal a giant cannon

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sixwing

Sixwing I'm not inclined to resign to maturity!

More boatformers.

12. Xaran Alamas

Optisplash Prime

• Like Like x 1
  13. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

A wrecker combiner that has either topspin and twintwist or rac’nruin forming knees or elbows

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kaynowa

Kaynowa Well-Known Member

Nexus Prime is the combined individual. Sometimes the components have their own personalities (like the Timelines/OTFCC original), sometimes he's like a duocon, one mind across many bodies

15. Xaran Alamas

Thanks but this has been thoroughly explained already.
    That said I still think it would be unlikely to get five figures for a single Prime in a hypothetical line that would have at least 12 other new figures having a Nexus Prime who becomes a combiner torso would be a fair trade-off, or perhaps with some redecoed combiner limbs to form the full Nexus Prime combiner.

16. fereality

fereality Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tumblr:
    Or he could be done as a Power Core Combiner with drones

17. Xaran Alamas

That would also work, especially as it seems like from the TFWiki page in at least some continuities he was once a single bot and was split up by the others. I guess in a way he could be something like a Siege Weaponizer though probably bigger.

Of course on the idea of figures of the Primes it would also be great if they all came with their associated artifact, so Nexus would have the Enigma of Combination for example.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kaynowa

Kaynowa Well-Known Member

That being said, I WOULD like to see a proper revisit of PCC. I liked the idea of the combiner teams being more flushed out teams comprised of more than we see in the gestalt, like the constructicons in ROTF (Yep, defending a Bay concept, blasphemy I know). If we had either standalone releases, like the many non-combiner reduxes in Classics, or retry the small scale combiners with a deluxe torso and scout-ish limbs, without the spring loaded gimmickry, that could work great. And going off that, lets see some Power Rangers crossovers with Hasbro holding that license now. Scramble City Megazords, for instance, but done right.

19. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you forget the CW box sets were a thing?
    They don't have to be individual releases.
    And I honestly would very much prefer a box set.

20. Xaran Alamas

I didn't forget, I'm just thinking the logistics of such a line. I know this is hypothetical but just trying to imagine how Hasbro might do such a line, especially as the characters involved are somewhat more niche than your Optimuses and Megatrons... though of course depending on the version of the 13 you could have a version of Optimus as the Arisen.

But anyway, my point is getting a line of the 13, many of whom would likely be Voyager or bigger (except Micronus of course) is already somewhat of a pipe dream, that to then ask for four more deluxes to go with a Voyager Nexus Prime torso seems improbable but sure I'm sick of people arguing the point now. When I made my original post suggesting Nexus be able to combine with anyone it was imagining a line of just 13 figures with some interesting gimmicks that fit their given theme, kind of like how PotP perhaps could have been.
    Frankly I am getting tired of the aggressive tone of people towards me on this. I respect you have your own ideas for this concept, but that doesn't mean I should be treated like an idiot for having a different opinion.

Edit: Sorry for the tone up there, I had only just got up and had a bad headache so was snippier than usual. That said, can we put aside the discussion of what form a Nexus Prime figure should be please? We've all shared our opinions and I've no desire to try and change anyone else's and I fear this might be starting to derail the thread.
    Let's just agree we all have our own preferences for it. Honestly I'd be happy with any of them and I don't really have strong feelings about Nexus Prime and as has been demonstrated I'm not terribly knowledgeable on him (them?) :D 

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3