Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hard to tell from the low res photo, but is that a non-3D printed prototype cast? That was quick compared to how long it took him to produce something similar for the Brute sets. Or hell, Gulper.

2. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

How many of you fools took a turd down my neck when I called both these charlatans out ... I was blocked from the Nonnef thread a year and a half ago and treated like a pariah ... here's the easy clue you're suckers ... he sells the shit on eBay and you can get it in a few days!

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Nonnef has actually made attempts to fulfill obligations and prevent what happened from occurring again

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Unfortunately, I agree.

Good to share updates and news etc since we're all in the same boat.

5. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

Are we talking about Nonnef, or Killinger?

I did have a Gulper preordered before, but got it refunded so I could get the other parts of my order (claws and hips)

I was under the impression that Gulper would have test shots after CNY, has this not happened?

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I think he is putting nonnef and killinger in the same category claiming that nonnef doesn't deliver promised products as well. All I can say is nonnef has always delivered and as for gci/killinger, I've only done 2 orders, one of which is currently in transit but both orders were just the glow swords

7. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I commissioned a few TF customizations from Dr. K several months ago. He ran into some complications, and I have been understanding. Life gets in the way, and this is just toys. As the delay stretched out into months, he extended a partial refund, which was appreciated. It has now been a few months since that, and communications have dried up. No responses to FB messages, which he said were his preferred method. It's super-frustrating, as I'm sure you all know. I'm hoping that he's simply a victim of his own success, and can play catch-up. Eventually. :-/

8. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I spoke to Dr. K this morning via Facebook. He clearly stated he will no longer be posting updates on the TFW boards. Such a shame. He did say that he got some Brute Guns in and is prepping them for shipping. Did not give any more info than that though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    So he is no longer updating his customers on this board, not updating them on Facebook, not responding to their emails, making people wait weeks for the refunds he promised but continues to promote his products here and take people's money for new projects? I was excited about his projects but if this is the way he runs his business and treats the community that showed him great support and loyalty then I am really disappointed. This is starting to feel like a pyramid scheme to me.

10. Optimugatron

Well, he did in fact respond to my FB message, very quickly. The refund I requested is for something different than the Brute Gun Sets, and is more complicated. I do not feel Dr. K is a bad guy, or running a scheme. While I have been critical of his lack of communication, it does not say that he is trying to take advantage of us. I have no idea the volume of orders that he received, or what is going on in his life or business.

I admit that my patience has run thin in the 14+ months since I order the GCI-02 and GCI-06, but I feel we are very close to getting our orders finally, closing this messy chapter in his business. My post was merely to give an update for those still holding out hope to get their parts, as that is something I would have wanted others to do for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I'm glad I decided not to preorder the Bruticus set.

12. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This whole thing reminds me of Frenzy-Rumble situation. One man team (essentially) biting off more than he can chew

13. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or Maiden Japan, that dude still owes me about $200.00.

14. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a terrible option and a perfect example of what not to do with one's customer base. He can't handle the heat? He needs to learn to build tolerance. Excommunicating one venue, a frequently visited venue for that matter, is a horrid, HORRID idea.

You are correct, he isn't a bad guy. What he is a bad business practice owner (Sorry Dr. K, but at this rate it needs to be said). It sounds like he gets overwhelmed, easily by what it seems, and repeats the mistakes over again. If such is the case, he needs to take a step back, see what isn't working for his business and re-format his module to what does. If he's getting over his head, then explain it to all and reduce his overall load because at the rate he's currently going, he won't be burning bridges, he'll blow them up to smithereens.

Again, no direct offence with Dr. K, he truly is a nice guy, but by now he needs to realize he needs to change his paradigm or guarantee more than just a bad word-of-mouth reputation.

At this point, you all need to either demand for your refunds, or stubbornly stick it out and hope he comes through. But this thread has done its job: point out that this company has serious issues that the owner needs to address before continuing forward. No point of further beating this already dead horse.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Optimugatron

I get the feeling that producing these custom pieces are not his main job or priority, that instead it is his website store where he is peddling 3rd Part Figures and some Hasbro (he already put up a preorder for Titans Return Trypticon, when no other e-tailer has done so). I mentioned in one of the threads that I felt his focus was split with other custom project, and he very quickly posted and berated me for my comment. I bit my tongue that time, and frankly have failed to post some of the things that I have had happen dealing with him. Ultimately, I am not trying to bash him, or his business, or his business practices. I simply wanted to share an update and potential good news.

I personally cannot wait to get my orders and be done with this whole freaking mess. I will not be a repeat customer, and will choose my purchase more carefully next time. FYI, Renderform has been amazingly reliable and consistent with their products, and am very excited for the new products they just posted!

• Like Like x 1
  16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's an even more dismal approach to the matter. If he's taking the time to berate anyone for an issue with his company, an issue that many customers are experiencing, he needs to stop taking it personally and pay attention, as well as take the steps to address the matter.

Not only is he doing the wrong thing, but he's taking the wrong approach to resolve the matter. Dr. K has to wake up and fix what's broken before his ship is too far sunk to sail anymore.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Nonnef had similar growing pains when he started, namely underestimating the preorder demand. Since he was able to get ahead of that whole fiasco he has been very reliable and quick to deliver on ordered items. Killinger just needs to a: stop taking preorders till he can get his current outstanding orders filled and b: stop promoting new products till they're actually ready

• Like Like x 1
  18. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    If brute parts are shipping, strange Killinger didn't share any photos of the painted parts. Also, there hasn't been any solid updates on Gulper in months. I feel like it's been abandoned at this point.

19. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Respectfully, I don't think anyone here has been beating a dead horse. For the most part, people have been very patient, understanding and supportive of Dr. K. I have not seen anyone here really bad-mouthing him and it astounds me that he would not update here despite all the good-will his former and current customers have shown.

I do not know Dr. K personally like some of you but this situation does not reflect well on his business rep. It seems that every update shifts the situation further away from a satisfactory resolution but I hope that everyone who has faith in him will not be disappointed. I was really excited about his designs when I discovered them but all these testimonies has definitely stopped me from being a repeat customer.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess he was too busy running down other seller's reputations, spreading malicious rumors, and trying to get them banned from Facebook, and thus he doesn't have time to finish his own actual products. I especially enjoyed him, during a dispute over MP-36, posting a picture of someone's child and wife, who was not involved in the discussion, and calling her a whore. He and his friends have literally tried to destroy other sellers' ability to make a living by falsely reporting them to FB. Not only will GCI never receive a cent from me, but this right here couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.