Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

Yeah, I never did get my shotguns, but I did get the rotary cannon. Still, if I pay for something and never get my merchandise, I'm not buying anything else from them until I do.

2. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Regardless of who is doing the selling, I'm "still not a fan of paying and then waiting a year, regardless if I can get a refund whenever I want - especially if the item is supposed to be 'in-stock'.

I steer clear. Why bother with so much other cool stuff out there to pick up..."

Who is selling doesn't make a difference. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to steer clear if I want to. It's not a cheap shot Dr k. It's my preference.

If you think I'm a direct competitor, you may want to read my faq.

I'm also of the mindset that all buyers can choose to buy from whomever they want and that the proof is in the pudding (or the sales) . No doubt I'll be able to offer members better prices for some items than you and may be vice versa. But I'm also trying to provide cost effective buying options for those outside of the US with free worldwide shipping included in all my prices. Last I checked you didn't offer this and shipping was additional.

I would gladly be a customer of yours (or anybody) who offered this. But you don't so I ain't.

I totally applaud the custom work you do and think it's awesome to contribute to the community in that way. Something many of us could never do.

If you feel the need to put down my efforts to bring good prices to fellow board members, that's totally your call.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax I know what I'm about, son.

News Credits:
    It's like you don't even know the real story.

4. TriflingGnome

TriflingGnome Member

if everyone is getting updates then why noone on your facebook site when asked? you give updates for everything else but about your own products anyone can go there and see. here is what I found

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it seem more like you take people money to start business and then never deliver on promises and delay over and over until people forget or give up

5. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure attaching every screenshot to prove your point was overkill.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I'm more appalled that guy actually typed y'all. I get it my family is from down south and people from the Cincinnati/Kentucky part of ohio will drop a y'all,but to actually type it in a sentence. Yikes

• Like Like x 1
  7. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Im not sure why you feel the need to respond to my every post indicating my point of view is invalid. How can you argue that my personal preference is wrong?

This is a forum. A forum by its very nature is for sharing ideas regardless if they are different. To keep saying that someone is wrong, and misquote (ie everyone should steer clear vs I personally prefer to steer clear), just seems pointless.

• Like Like x 4
  8. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

The loyalty to small stores on here is a bit over the top. Stores are going to screw up, and are going to have a hard time fixing things sometimes, but there are people who will accept 0 criticism of their favorite sellers on here so it makes it near impossible to talk about the quality of service you get from certain shops. There's two very popular stores that I refuse to do business with ever again, one for incompetence and one for flat out dishonest business practices, but I don't feel like I could ever actually talk about that here since it would just degrade into a flame war when people rush to their defense. Which is a shame, because people really shouldn't be doing business with the latter one. Its one thing to be super loyal to your favorite third party maker, but people really should calm down when it comes to their favorite third party sellers.

• Like Like x 8
  9. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax I know what I'm about, son.

News Credits:
    Because you are providing misinformation. Saying things like "especially when they are labeled in stock" isn't a matter of opinion because it is factually untrue. For example, I ordered the Brute parts. Never got them. But they never were "in stock" either.

My problem is you're making this out to be a much bigger and more ridiculous experience when you factually have no experience whatsoever first hand.

Opinions are fine, but you can't say for sure how anyone acts until you deal with them personally and on a direct, first hand basis.

Most people in the thread are vouching for him even though they had their own issues? Why? Because despite all the shit that K went through, he's still wanting to keep trying and wanting to prove himself.

He's fighting an uphill battle here and while most would have quit and vanished, he is still pushing, which sounds like the American dream in regards to the working ethics of the past.

Are there improvements that need to be made? Yes. But instead of berating him for his issues we want to see where he goes and want to help him on his way.

And as for opinions, sorry but the whole "no free worldwide shipping" thing sounds petty.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look I know you're source is SHOW (great guy BTW) and you don't pay for any of what you sell, you just middle man it so you got no skin in the game. I (and really anyone) can open a TaoBaoBao account and offer free worldwide shipping too and at a cheaper price by being a middle man, it's not hard.

I speak , read and type 4 different languages, I will try to be a little less simple and more complex in my vernacular next time as long as it doesn't appall y'all.

No, lots of those have been address, taken care of or refunded via private PM. Again, I don't update on the Brute parts or Gulper because I have nothing solid beyond "no update again". Also, if you even bothered to read my response a page back, you would have noticed I used my freaking retirement to start the business. The relatively small amount of money I took in from the Gulper and Brute parts doesn't even come close to enough cash to start up the operation I am running.

Again, if anyone has a serious issue with me, reach out to my personal accounts I listed and we can work it out, not trying to steal, scam or run away with any ones money.

Also once the Brute parts are in stock, trust me I'm gonna spam that shit everywhere and proclaim hallelujah to the heavens so no way anyone can miss that announcement.

• Like Like x 5
  11. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    I never called you a scammer. Just pointing out my experience with people, who did run off with my money, show signs of scamming before they officially do it. Maiden Japan issued refunds and was active, until one day he disappeared. It didn't happen over night.

Anyways, as your Bruticus items are the only alternative to Shapeways at this point, I'll hold out another two weeks if you really think the Brute parts will be completed by then. Waiting over a whole year already, I can show enough patience for two more weeks.

Also curious why you haven't shown photos of the final injected parts? On your GCI page, you mentioned in a comment to someone that you had test samples from the factory, but the fitting was off.

12. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

You're appalled by people saying y'all but don't mind a run-on sentence? Yikes...

• Like Like x 6
  13. jackisking

News Credits:
    Run on sentences don't bother me to much, but I know damn well not to use y'all and ain't in public. Was that your post on Facebook?

14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

I dunno. I type "y'all" sometimes.

I'm not from the south. And I don't shorten words much. But when or if I feel like doing it, I may do it.

Why?

Because I usually type as if I am "speaking." I want or imagine the person on the other end reading my text as if they are actually listening to me speak. I would rather not "sound" like a robot.

Can't believe I even had to type and explain this. :3

Edit: I don't say it in real life though. Craziness!

• Like Like x 1
  15. jackisking

News Credits:
    Doh! I seem to do that a lot when I type something for the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

What is this thread about even? Quibbling aside, I think it's great that we have these guys offering up their efforts just so we can have our toys. Having a responsible, and accountable, middle man to aide and assist us throughout our purchases is great, and provides a level of confidence when dealing with overseas vendors.

So, thanks guys. I for one appreciate your services.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ragifoesmasher

Ragifoesmasher Well-Known Member

I wish this thread would go away. I just want updates that bring toys closer into my hands. I've never seen a third party figure ship on time from anyone and they rarely if ever update us.

• Like Like x 1
  18. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

See I have a prob w/the white knighting here - I see several recent responses from Killinger, yet awhile back in this very thread he stated that emailing him direct would be quickest way to communicate ... I've emailed him with the address he insisted was the ideal route and there's radio silence, meanwhile I see him posting petty back in forths here on the very same thread ... clearly priorities are not what they should be and my experience in a nutshell explains many a person's frustrations ....

• Like Like x 4
  19. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if sweeping the thread under the rug would be the best idea. The OP asked for people's experiences with Dr. Killinger and GCI and people have (mostly) responded along those lines. While there has been some unreasonable expectations, I also feel there has been some very valid criticism in regards to communications with the customers.

I understand delays happen and especially so for small startups. I also feel for Dr. Killinger's frustration in being asked for updates on projects when there are no real developments. I really do. On the other hand, I also feel like once you've started accepting people's money for pre-orders, you have a certain responsibility to answer questions and keep them updated. And I fully understand why some people start to question the operation when they ask for updates via the Facebook page, get told the items should ship at the end of a certain month, then not hear anything even long after said month has passed. Meanwhile, there are new posts going up on the FB page about his shop and new GCI projects.

I don't think the comparison with other third party items really works, either. Since, while delays are common, there are still plenty of figures which do make it out on time. There's also the fact we're ordering them directly from the US based designer, himself. So there isn't really a language barrier in play, which in some cases work against other 3P manufacturers.

In the end, I believe Killinger will honour all pre-orders and have thus stuck with mine for the Brute parts. But I can't deny that I wish for better communications where things currently are in production, and when delays happen. Even if it's just a general summary post for all to see, which he could even refer to when people send him questions rather than having to type things out over and over again.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

No I did not post that. It's a Facebook post so it's informal.

I'm college educated, born and raised in Texas. Y'all, ain't and even howdy is a part of my vocabulary. I didn't appreciate your initial post. Anyways, I have limited experience with GCI Toys. The few times I've interacted with Dr.K, he's responded quickly.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.