Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Please provide pics of the final production look when able.

2. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Sounds like u need a better system to manage your orders and communicate delays...

3. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

It really makes me sad when this crops up time and again.
    I think people need to take a step back and recognise that this isn't a big multi-national corporation that you're dealing with, and that the Dr can't do everything all at once.

He's a great guy and I for one couldn't be happier with the support I've had from him.

+1 to all those who've come out in support of him too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you sir. I do admit a lot of it is my fault, I am always responsible at the end of the day, but I just want to make it clear that no matter what, I never kept any money if any one requested a refund, and even though sometimes very late, people get their items.

5. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Let me tell you a story about a large volume big dollar operation that will make you wait a year and not answer any questions. When you see hundreds complaining, there is a problem. Not so here. DR K has always come through and eventually answered but consistently delivered solid products people want. Check out facebook or a thread I started and you will know when you need to worry about real problems with a seller. DR K is not one of those you need to worry about. I doubt he is trying to scam anyone out of a small profit by developing highly customized products to address shortfalls or poor designs of others. There are a lot of easier ways to screw people than fixing toys or making better parts.:gen069: 

6. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Without prejudice to this option, what people want more than a refund, is to get the stuff they ordered. I mean ... that's why they ordered the stuff in the first place.

Given the history of the Brute upgrades, I think that people have been understanding and forgiving when real problems have arisen. On the other hand, the buck does stop with you for ... well, everything, really. Just like everywhere else, if works are subcontracted out, the main con can't hust shrug shoulders and say subcon isn't working/I dunno what's happening with them.

I mean, it's good to have some give and take, but on the balance the goodwill is getting thin on the ground after a year. Good to hear half the Brute parts are done; please sit on your factory or whatever to clear up the other half asap too.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not a fan of paying and then waiting a year, regardless if I can get a refund whenever I want - especially if the item is supposed to be 'in-stock'.

I steer clear. Why bother with so much other cool stuff out there to pick up...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Any news on your Guzzle, Dr. K?

9. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    Dr. Killinger, very curious about why no photos of the final brute kits have been shown, if they are half done for production? I think to date, we haven't even seen the final colors either for those items. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about that. Couldn't find anything when searching the threads here, and the official GCI Facebook page.

10. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

Can't speak for Dr K's results as yet, can vouch for him on the intentions front...
    I was one of the people who fell through on some of the earlier orders, a few of the FansProject Colossus guns and a set of claws for Feral Rex. Rex is kind of the centrepiece of my collection so it was a pretty substantial order. The guns sadly won't happen, but AFAIK the most important part - the claws - are still due sometime from the 2nd run, and in place of the guns he's doing a G2 custom job on an MBC Military Titans kit.
    So, you know...he owns up to his mistakes and tries to fix them. My Talon might not have a sexy sniper rifle but at least my Rex will still have his cool hands, and he'll have a G2 MBC Bruticus to hang out with.

People make mistakes, but as long as they fix them/come good in the end then it's OK IMO.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I always have nothing but good things to say about my friend Will. The contractor produced stuff is tough because ultimately you are at their mercy plus language barrier, plus 10 hour time difference and unless you have an agent to oversee this kind of stuff on site you get delayed a lot ( my day job deals with this quite often). Casting while sometimes faster isnt always easier. I think people misundertsand the process involved in making all of the items and the amount of time it takes to make the parts. I used to work off of 1-2 molds to make parts and while I could crank out parts every 20 minutes with this process doesnt mean they were always good parts. Colors could be off air bubbles present warpage. A whole lot of time consuming actions taking place. Towards the end I starting making stuff that cured in an hour so I could use more molds but found more molds didnt always yield more parts if that makes sense. Its a very time intensive process and I did all of this with a dayjob solo. To do this kind of stuff at the pace most fans would like is a labor of love and it is most certainly not a get rich quick scheme. I was up till 2-3 in the morning on weekends and at minimum midnight during the week trying to keep up with the demand and still couldn't. I was close to making the leap to doing it full time so I could have free time, but I hesitated and then found out I was having a son so I latched to security of the day job and insurance. Casting parts was consuming on made parts on my lunch break, started molds before I went into work and stayed up all hours of the night. WHO WOULD PUT IN THIS KIND OF TIME TO STEAL YOUR $20!!!!!!! but but but you you sold 100 of them. Ok fine but who either got their money back or product? I did it for a very long time and part of that time with Will and im proud, very proud to say that not one person has ever had their money taken.

• Like Like x 3
  12. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

+1 for DR K.
    Any time somebody goes out of their way to not just make custom parts, but then turn around and offer those parts to others, my hats off to them. I do custom work, but I do it for myself. It would be a huge pain in the ass to try to go into production by myself to provide to the community so I don't. but when I see somebody else doing it, nothing but admiration.

13. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

I had an excellent buying experience from Dr. K and I had no reservations when I decided to Pre-Order the Omega Supreme parts 1 and 2 from him. I paid him in full already and I am confident what I paid him for will show up at my door when it is finally released and he get's his stock. For now, I wait.

Also, I think its awesome how people find out how to do things like custom work. All I managed to do was to 3D Print a trailer hitch adapter for my TW Primorion figure. I wouldn't have a clue on where to do to get something mass produced and then try to build a payment system for something like that... so KUDOWs to those who have figure out how to do this custom stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  14. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax I know what I'm about, son.

News Credits:
    If you haven't actually done any business with him, why bother posting? You're just creating negativity when there isn't a need for it. You're making him sound like a scammer despite being able to get your money back "whenever you want."

Shit happens, especially to a guy that is a one man show. It's not like he's totally disappeared, it just takes a few days to get back to people.

I mean, it's called friggin' life. This isn't his main source of income and I highly doubt it's even a decent source of income, just something he does on the side.

And I say all this with having done business with K before and I'll do it again.

EDIT: Surprised you didn't take the time to peddle your wares here, like you seem to do in most other threads.

• Like Like x 3
  15. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    It's good to see people vouching for GCI.... Remember when a bunch of people did the same for Maiden Japan? He ended up disappearing, and I'm sure those who vouched for him have no intention of helping those of us who are out hundreds of dollars of undelivered products from him.

People do have the right to be concerned, for the Brute products and Gulper, after GCI had to keep delaying it for various reasons. Some we do know, out of their control. Even if there is no new update, it does not excuse Killinger from not answering messages about the preordered products. He should be be active and answer those messages, and atleast be doing some sort of monthly update, just so people know things are still being worked. Not have them chase for updates. The GCI Facebook page has many unreplied messages with people asking for updates in various threads and visitor posts. You can take a look there yourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

What are you talking about? He was just saying he wouldnt want to pay for something and wait for a year. That is his choice and he is aloud to share that in these forums. I have done business myself with Dr K many times, and will do so again if there is something I want again, but that doesnt mean everyone has to as well, or cant post their opinion if they disagree, as long as they are not saying a lie or mis-representing the seller, which i have seen others do in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

My comment about waiting a year is about PC, not DR K, not sure if that was what you were referring to.

To everyone here, how much is the product you have been waiting for a long time and what is a long time? Just curious.

18. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax I know what I'm about, son.

News Credits:
    They are misrepresenting the seller if they haven't done business with them. Saying things like "steer clear" when others who have done business with him think he's worth it.

I get not wanting to wait a year, but if you can refunded at any time, then the wait is on you, yeah?

If you wait a year to ask for a refund the that's on you. That's my entire point.

Edit: You like what Dr. K offers, no one else has it custom wise, you take a shot. Tired of waiting? Get a refund. It's no reason to "steer clear."

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  19. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think some one already shared some resin protos in the thread, I'll have to check when I have time, but so far its just in the resin stage from what I have been informed.

Except unlike Maiden I offered (and gave) full refunds to anyone that asked, remember that? And the offer still stands.

I really am tired of just replying with "sorry folks no new updates yet." all the time, and sorry you feel you need to chase down updates, but again if I have nothing to share whats the point? If you need reassurance that bad just PM or get the money back.

Look I get it, you're tired of delays, frustrated as hell, and just want your product, so lets do this; send me an email requesting a full refund, get your money back, and when the stuff is finally released (if you still want to send money my way) just reorder when its in stock. You no longer have to chase down updates, got your hundreds of dollars back, and have no need to worry about me becoming Maiden Jr.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He wanted to take a cheap shot because I am his direct competition (hell I even have better prices even though he ships direct from China), except unlike him I actually sink my own money into my products (which I used my retirement to start the business) and don't just middle man from Taobaobao and charge people for the service.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.