Kill off 3D Characters, why don't we?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

It's a shame, really. I liked Breakdown and Dreadwing, and Hardshell was pretty cool.

Well, at least I enjoyed them while they were still around.

2. RayTheSun

RayTheSun Boy of Meat

Well, I think we've only seen Alpha Trion in flat plane artwork...

3. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper died to make the show seem dark.
    Dreadwing and Breakdown died BECAUSE they were noble demons; it was a way of showing the Cons are evil, MUAHAAHAA!

Or at least, that's what I tell myself at night. :cry 

4. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dreadwing never really did anything. I don't think he would of been missed if he didn't look cool and have a badass name.

People forget that these shows are ultimately about the heroes and the villains are much more disposable.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Like everyone said, don't be fans of the interesting characters. Oh, you like Dreadwing? Cool. Now he's dead for no reason! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Alot of these characters are just wasted potential. Dreadwing had some, Breakdown had some, even some one-off like Hardshell had some. But no. Keep the boring and lame comic relief characters like Starscream and Knockout around while we get rid of the interesting ones.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not even close.

The simple, inexcusable fact is that Starscream's treacherous nature makes him a liability to Megatron, and he chose a liability over his most loyal soldier. You can twist facts and make up character motivations all you want, but Megatron picking Dreadwing over Starscream was moronic from an in-story perspective and a narrative one, plain and simple.

7. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dreadwing was loyal, until he decided not to be and directly and obviously disobeyed Megatron

Starscream may disobey Megatron secretly but when push comes to shove he will always back down.

That's why Megatron chose him. He has to keep an eye on starscream but he will never be challenged directly by him.

And he gets results.

8. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    Megatron should have offed both of them and promoted Soundwave. While Animated had its flaws, one thing it had going for it was a Megatron who put up with no bullshit.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    By going after the guy who desecrated his brother's corpse, the brother that is the only reason he's on Earth, which Megatron knows. It was inevitable, and he should have just given him an hour alone to beat the crap out of Starscream and be done with it.

Really, just like the too-late decision to switch the guns from stun to kill in the animated movie, Megatron picked the worst time to institute his "fail me once, I kill you" plan. Dreadwing and Cylas still had a lot to offer him in the long run, but they have to go so he can keep Starscream and Knock Out, who are both failure personified. Hell, he gives Starscream underlings. That won't ever bite him on the ass.

10. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    This is true. Maybe they should actually put some interesting development and personality into the heroes then?

I'm being extreme there, but the Autobots are pretty damn flat most of the time compared to the Decepticons, at least to me. Smokescreen was a step in the right direction at least.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Honestly i don't know why we still argue that Megatron killing Dreadwing over Starscream was bad idea.

Dreadwing to Megatron is essientially a useless constant failure whose honour would just hold them back. Don't get me wrong I liked Dreadwing but he was useless to Megatron in every way.

Starscream can easily be threatened to submission and as long as he's under constant supervision he can't do anything to hurt Megatron.

Sorry but again my opinion. yes it sucks that a lot of great character gets disposed of in an anticlimatic way trust me i wished we still had Breakdown. They were was no reason at all to of disposed of him.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The problem I feel with killing off the bad guy characters on a show that can't afford many character models is that it quickly kills off the team dynamic of the bad guys as well.

Right now we are just left with Starscream and Knock Out who are a good deal alike in they both serve Megatron because they fear him but both would gladly put a knife in the back of another bot it it would get them ahead. We have Soundwave but he's more the shadowy type. So unless we get the honorable type of villain in season 3 who serves Megatron because of the Decepticon cause instead of fear then the bad guy team dynamic isn't diverse enough.

Ha ha, at this point we almost need Lugnut.

13. Saitou

Saitou Ghostcon

I want some Soundwave love in the new season. Starscream got a lot of love in season 2 and it was quite awesome to him do all the things he did alone...and succeed. So it`s not like they can`t give Soundwave a few chapters, Adventure Time did a whole episode with a character that didn`t speak...had never appeared on the show...and was going to be nominated for an Oscar (episode is named "Thank You"). So if they can do a 10 minute Oscar quality episode of a mute character...why can`t this people give us 20? >:[

14. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Everything that happened in Darkest Hour and the last few episodes would have never happened if not for Starscream. He accomplished more than ANYONE in the show.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i personally want to see more characters in 2D sprites.

16. MeNOTGrimlock

MeNOTGrimlock Well-Known Member

Like old school Commander Keen joining the TFP human cast? :thumbs2: 

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When Starscream betrays Megatron AGAIN, it'll be Megatron's own fault... Starscream is probably already cooking up some kind of scheme....

18. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I would have liked Breakdown to come through on his 'choosing of sides' with Starscream, his deathw asn't much of a waste to me until I saw that the Cylas plot only lasted one episode. For Cylas to be working all his life or whatever for the ultimate man/machine combination--and then become one only to die in that same episode is kind of lame and now Breakdown will never be heard from again.

Here's hoping they give him a flashback episode though to fill in some stuff with him and Bulkhead, for character's sake.

19. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I hate the idea, Shockwave might be the loyal kind of guy in this series when he shows up again in S3, unless he has ulterior motives...but who doesn't?

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It is very much a wait and see thing. We only got Shockwave for a little bit in one episode so there isn't much to go on. But at this point I think it will do the Decepticons a bit of good to have characters who aren't like Knock Out and Starscream even though I think they are both great.