Kiki Layne And Dominque Fishback In Talks To Star In Transformers 7

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Apr 6, 2021.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I think it's fair to be wary. Personally, I'm hopeful considering this is the first film created as part of this reboot universe. Even Bumblebee was created as a Bay prequel, and reworked late in production. Hasbro supposedly has more control now, and I think they understand that the robots need to be prominent characters.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Vaegrin

Vaegrin Active Member

I'm sure these people are wonderfully talented, although I've never heard of them and I doubt they are going to be the reason why anybody either sees or enjoys a Transformers movie. They really ought to serve as a nonintrusive, minimally annoying supporting cast for the robots in disguise who are the real stars of the show.

A genuine question: how much does the talent of the human cast truly matter in most Transformers movie? It definitely hurts if it's bad. But how much more quality is needed beyond... the ability to not be annoying?

3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dedicated fanboys complaining that the mass market movie is announcing lead face actors instead of whoever Kevin Michael Richardson or John Dimaggio will half-ass this time is very funny. Relax, voice auditions for the robots aren't even being done at this stage of production, you'll get your reveals eventually.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Can we focus on the positive here?
    A) Casting is taking place. This means things are proceeding. Whether you agree with the casting choices or not, if you want another movie (and some may debate the merits of that), this is good news.

B) (And far more importantly!)
    So on a certain level we can stop trash-talking the writing since it sounds like there's a different team working behind the scenes on this one.

I don't see anything at all in this announcement worth complaining about.

EDIT: Spelling error.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    I'm sorry they didn't film on location on Cybertron, like what do you want, it's a made up planet, with made up people, of course it's going to be CG, they cab't film robots fighting each other in space, what the hell are you on about.

• Like Like x 12
  6. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I blame Soundwave and Laserbeak and their "creative accounting" making it way too expensive to ever go to space again.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    Isn't it like millions of dollars every time a giant CG robot or ape or lizard crashes through a building? It seems its unfortunately cost prohibitive to have CG robots on screen all the time unless it's actually fully animated. Like the Netflix show. So I doubt we will ever get around the needing "real people" problem. The issue is "What are they doing with the people?" Same as in a Godzilla movie. You have to give those folks some agency and purpose. And I could do with less slapstick crap, but that's just me.

8. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

In a matter of budget cuts, I blame Ratbat.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Vaegrin

Vaegrin Active Member

I thought Godzilla vs. Kong did a pretty good job of making sure the human cast acted as supporting cast for the monsters. I can't imagine anyone liking Godzilla vs. Kong because of whatever was going on with the humans. The human stories were all just scaffolding for the monsters. Even then, the human stories were a pretty mixed bag. But the monsters were great.

Truly awful actors or sufficiently annoying human stories might have the potential to be a real drag on this kind of movie, but otherwise it is pretty unlikely that the human cast is going to make or break the movie.

• Like Like x 4
  10. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd prefer the humans be a bit more than just scaffolding for the monsters (or Transformers in this case). Godzilla vs Kong kept the human stuff to an absolute minimum, and I was still bored whenever the story focused on them. To me that movie goes to show that it doesn't matter how much you minimize the human stuff...you still have to craft good characters. The monsters and robots are the main appeal, but that doesn't mean the humans have to only exist to support them. I actually thought Bumblebee's human cast was really good.

And one benefit Transformers has over Godzilla vs Kong is that the Transformers are sentient begins who are capable of properly interacting with human characters. I don't see any reason not to craft interesting human characters who can have compelling interactions with the robots. I don't think they should just exist to kill time until the Transformers show up, or only be used for exposition.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

I thought the first Pacific Rim did a great job for human / robot screen time even though the robots were just piloted mechs. The long action scenes and pilot to pilot dialogue is in essence the same level of action I wish I saw more of in TF movies

• Like Like x 4
  12. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Agreed first Pacific Rim was Amazing! 2nd Pacific Rim was painful and made me happy I did not spend $100 on Gipsy Danger.

Hollywood, please stop ruining my childhood.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Too much CGI looks fake like a video game. You put in some humans and just enough real life backgrounds and mesh the CGI into it, and it looks real. (AKA believable)

14. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

Who is she? I'm not good with famous people

15. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Obviously it's a matter of personal preference, but I actually thought the Cybertron scene looked fantastic. A CGI machine planet can only look so realistic just by virtue of it being a fake setting, but I thought they did a pretty dang good job in comparison to some films. Especially for having to animate that scene in a short amount of time.

An example of a movie that I thought had unconvincing CGI was Thor: Ragnarok. I get that they wanted to go with a somewhat stylized look, but I thought big portions of that movie had painfully obvious greenscreen usage. Which was really disappointing, considering the Guardians movies (which are also very effect-heavy) tend to look mind-blowingly good.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    https://www.imdb.com/

• Like Like x 2
  17. Minibots

Minibots Well-Known Member

Aaaaaand Lorenzo is gone.

Not surprised, to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest, I was kind of expecting Charlie would end up getting involved in the war again and finding Bumblebee just because I'm so used to the tagalong humans staying relevant in the war, but maybe we'll have shifting human perspectives? I dunno. Maybe it's because this isn't a straight-up Bumblebee sequel? I'm still a little confused on that.

I guess I'm just kind of wondering what the characters will be like and how they get involved in the war. Like, we know the Autobots managed to make it to Earth so does the plot kick off when the Decepticons finally go to Earth to check on what happened to Shatter and Dropkick because they never checked in? They never did the scene revealing Megatron was there on Earth so his status is kind of up in the air since he was the one major 'Con who wasn't in or referenced in Bumblebee.

Will Sector 7 still be involved and hunting Cybertronians? Have the Autobots made human contact already and built up their forces to where they're preparing to mount an attack to retake Cybertron?

I guess at the end of the day I just want to know more about the plot and which Transformers are actually in it.

19. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

I really don't have to answer any questions to validate why I would want Spike and Sparkplug in a live action movie. I don't have to pass a test you give me to be able to have my opinion.

What's wrong with liking tradition and keeping the original culture alive? Are you against preserving the past traditional characters? Are only some cultures worth saving while others are not? Maybe someday I'll answer my own version of backstories for these characters like Single Father Sparkplug raising his son Spike with no deadbeat mom around and teaching Spike to be a man. Or she gets killed in a Transformer battle and the Autobots feel bad about it letting Spike and Sparkplug into their world to show them they are not all bad, just the Decepticons. Maybe have the story arc of spike getting hurt in a Transformers battle and they have to repair his body like in Autobot Spike. Spike thought Optimus Prime would make a neat President which would be a cool thing to say in the movie. There's lots of little things that would be cool with Spike and Sparkplug. Sparkplug could become an alcoholic trying to deal with the loss of his wife and that he doesn't know how to handle that Giant Alien Robots are real and no one believes him that they exist and everyone thinks he's crazy.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

cause thats like all transformers is nowadays

• Like Like x 4