Kiki Layne And Dominque Fishback In Talks To Star In Transformers 7

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Apr 6, 2021.

1. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

I'm more interested in Ludwig Goransson's response. Can that guy do the score please?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 242 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Ms fishback confirmed it as 6767177F-DDAB-416E-8B34-05CCF4A9527A.jpeg 20A0AF76-D170-4FEC-95BF-2E3D81042396.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah two leads then. Alright. Makes more sense now.

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MTMTE actually had a big impact in changing my viewpoint on humans in Transformers. A while back I was in the camp of people who wanted humans entirely eliminated from Transformers stories. But MTMTE made me realize that the Transformers just turn into humans themselves when there are no humans around. They spent more time in bars and dealing with romantic relationships than they did actually transforming into stuff. Was there any aspect of disguise in those comics, aside from using the holomatter projections? At that point why even tell a story about Transformers, why not just write a story about superheroes or space adventurers or something?

I think MTMTE was really cool in concept, and even had a lot of good execution. But to me it got really old after the first season or so, after the novelty wore off. I still haven't read the last season. I think that sort of setting works better as a limited run mini-series, like Last Stand of the Wreckers. I still think MTMTE is cool as a break from typical Transformers, but I think it would get really boring if that became the norm (like a lot of fans want it to be(. Give me something like Blackout infiltrating the military base or Cade repairing Optimus any day.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    That's a big reason why I love Bob Budiansky's run on the original G1 Marvel comics. Transformers works best as a fish-out-of-water story and holds a lot of comedic potential. When you make them too "familiar" then they're just humans dressed up as robots.

• Like Like x 8
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    MTMTE definitely lost the sense of scale and alien whimsy, though that wasn't just the lack of humans but the aggressive humanization of the robots to the point where they were just really ugly people and barely robots as far as the story was concerned.

A live-action movie will always have that built-in scale, and just because the Transformers are the main characters doesn't mean we can't have scenes like you described. It just means they're the ones with the character arcs, interpersonal drama, and character dynamics, rather than just being heads on sticks for actors to yell at.

• Like Like x 12
  7. blazemongr

blazemongr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You’re criticizing an actress for her professional photo now? After you just got done criticizing her for not being enough of a nerd for the toys?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  8. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I can’t comment on those other things, but Bumblebee was originally a prequel to the 2007 film but it was changed during production because The Last Knight soiled itself at the box office. This has been known for quite some time since the film came out.

The Hoover Dam being seen at the beginning in the background where the cube and Megatron was being held.

S7 on the solders uniforms.

Bumbler having the ball gag face design and (beating a dead horse) him being a mute...again for the sixth film in a row.
    Also turning into the 70s Camaro at the end.
    Just to name a few things.

There was even an article here if I’m not mistaken outlining what was change when the film was delayed six months.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah we all knew that.

But he kept insisting time and time again that it was a prequel and not a reboot, despite what all other sources said so Hasbro had to outright state it was in a new universe.

Although TFWiki still says it's still in the same universe until the next film explicitly tells the audience it isn't I guess.

10. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ludwig Göransson and Transformers is a match made in heaven. Especially after what he did with Tenet, I need him to do the score for this!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Yeah wait a minute, why is MTMTE being praised for its lack of humans when the characters themselves were basically human in mech form? That's doesn't add up. :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  12. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I’m not defending him, but probably in his head at the time before the film getting reworked was a prequel. It’s a good chance he wasn’t all that involved during the production of Bumbler. A lot of directors/producers get producer credits just because of it being in their contract. Chris Nolan had a producer credit on BVS and Justice League despite having nothing to do with those films since Man of Steel.

13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    They're waiting for Optimus to turn to the audience and say "Now since this is a reboot, Megatron must be stopped again no matter the cost".

• Like Like x 13
  14. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then they'll make a snarky comment about being spoon-fed this information in an unfunny caption.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    For some reason I feel like this still won't be enough for some people. :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

• Like Like x 5
  16. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Good god, I fucking loathe this absolutely idiotic attitude within nerd culture that everyone involved HAS to be a hardcore fan when it’s been proven time and time again that isn’t REALLY necessary for them to a good job. Also calling Megan Fox an “unappreciative diva” is kinda shitty considering the gross fetish-y treatment she got from people on set ESPECIALLY Bay (hey remember how her “audition” was her washing his car at age 17 or something while he watched like a gross perv?), she has every right to hate her experience on these movies. Also what’s wrong with the photo? Or are you just making up more crap to be mad about?

Exactly, like that guy could cast it any better :lol 

bro PLEASE

Like as long as there are no actual homosapiens the fans don’t care, they could literally just be people wearing car parts in silver face paint and as long as they’re bigger they won’t care it’s so dumb haha

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Feelings

News Credits:
    I’m just excited for more figures.

• Like Like x 3
  18. GabeMSzn

GabeMSzn Well-Known Member

I dont understand the hate for Lorenzo...

19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Article says she's playing the lead, does that means she's the voice of Optimus?

Cuz thats who SHOULD be the lead character in a TRANSFORMERS movie

• Like Like x 3
  20. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    uh john wick 3????