Kiki Layne And Dominque Fishback In Talks To Star In Transformers 7

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

If only it was that simple, but it isn't. It's probably more down the lines of an artsy fartsy thing.

I'm cool with the Producer change excitement, that is to be expected. It's the this new actress who has nothing to do with Transformers, maybe doesn't know anything about them, that she is somehow going to make this movie great talk that is coming from nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
  2. blazemongr

blazemongr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who actually cares if the actors know anything about Transformers? The writers and director, sure. The actors just need to be able to act.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be like complaining how Robert Downey JR didn't know anything about Iron Man, or any of the voice actors from TFTM.

It doesn't matter, what matters is if the writers, directors, and produces know about Transformers.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

It's people who have or have come to hate the idea of humans teaming up with Autobots. The key is balence, but everyone has a different idea of what that means.

5. Gee Won 1984

Who cares what human actors are cast period. But it is nice to reward people with acting roles who actually care about the movie. John Cena actually liked Transformers growing up, so he loved being in the movie, I'm glad he was in Bumblebee, and not some un-appreciating diva just wanting money. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

And who fits that bill of the last six movies that you feel the need to call that out?

7. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Look, do I know who she is? Sorta, I’ve only seen her in Judas and the Black Messiah, but she plays a somewhat substantial role in that movie, and she’s VERY good in it (the whole movie is itself is fantastic tbh). But I’ll admit, while hearing the cast is exciting (can’t remember the last time the human cast of a Transformers ANYTHING consisted of mostly POC and to be honest I’m kinda eager to see that dynamic play out on screen). But the thing that REALLY excites me is, of course, the lack of Lorenzo.

Maybe this is the sort of fresh perspective that the series needs - producers hold quite a bit of power and Lorenzo is sorta old-school Hollywood, at least with how long he’s been in the game, so he carries that attitude with him. Regardless of what you think of that, it’s good that we’re getting a fresh set of eyes on bird the project. If I’m being honest the more I hear about this movie the more excited I am for it, but if I’ve learned anything from these films, it’s to taper your expectations. They’re 1-5 right now in terms of good movies so I’ll withhold most of my judgment for when a trailer comes out

• Like Like x 4
  8. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Just here to rejoice that Lorenzo might be gone :D 
    honestly, like everyone else, couldn\'t care about the human leads, just hope they keep this movie focused on the bots as much as possible, and not try to force it in to any of the existing societal dramas. Is this one going to be in the 80\'s again? If so f yeah lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gee Won 1984

Um, Megan Fox does come to mind.

Plus the picture at the top of this news article doesn't help.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  10. Autobot Jamie

Here we go with the \'a human lead!! Ugh!!\' 
    the key is balence, but the problem is everyone has a different idea of what that is. From G1\'s mostly just there, to helping on missions ( various T.V. shows) and I like the military uncomment and human ally in battle with them ( which is another debate) IDK if this has been a debate since the unicron trilogy or only Bayverse, but honestly sone of you act like Bay introduced the idea of human.  allies. There\'s also the backstory and charecter development debates. 

I\'m not sure what Lorenzo did as producer to thonk this is good he\'s gone or not. Msybe Bay is better as a prifucer? He was one for BB. 

11. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

As a complete layperson when it comes to TF movie drama, what was the deal with Lorenzo?

12. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was the producer who wanted stuff like how none of the Transformers should talk (which is why in the final product they don't talk in their vehicle modes), made it hard as hell for Peter Cullen to get the Optimus role before Michael Bay stepped in so Lorenzo barred Peter from voicing Ironhide no matter what, said to treat the Transformers themselves less as characters, kept going on and on how Bumblebee wasn't a reboot despite Hasbro Paramount and the people who made the movie saying otherwise, and many other things.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 You clearly don’t own a construct bot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    He didn’t want Peter Cullen as Optimus prime

He kept insisting that bumblebee was a prequel

he said that an Optimus prime movie was too hard make.

and I’m not sure if this was just cut out of the movie but he said a bunch of stuff about tlk that wasn’t true, such as grimlock speaking, and getting to see Optimus prime and megatron’s origins.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm 100% okay with Transformers movies having humans and Transformers as co-leads, like Bumblebee did.

I think people need to face the fact that we're just not going to get a movie with only Transformers, outside of something like the animated Cybertron film. The movies are (and always have been) a very different beast than the cartoons. Honestly, the cartoons are mostly kids' entertainment designed to show off the toys. Kids don't care about human storylines, so they minimize or omit that stuff. Adult and teenage audiences want and expect a human element. They want the wonder of humans meeting these larger than life robots. And honestly...I want that too. There are tons of comics and cartoons and whatnot that mostly (or entirely) focus on the robots. I'm more than content to let the movies take advantage of the live-action medium by incorporating real people.

15. Autobot Jamie

Ah, so a total jerk. Though I like how Ironhide had a different voice actor and really see BB as prequel in the Bayverse, he really is a jerk. No need for someone like him. I feel like the Transformers being less of charecters has to do with the writers and how there were a lot more transformers in 2 & 3.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Yikes.

17. Gee Won 1984

Robert Downey Jr. was hired specifically because of his personality and acting was a perfect match for Iron Man long term. Nothing like that has been said here about any Transformers human actors, they are disposable. They should just hire cheap actors and save their budget for CGI.

18. sykoex

sykoex Well-Known Member

Will Dominique Fishback be voicing one of the Transformers on Cybertron?

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I agree. Audiences have proven they’ll love robots, raccoons, trees, rocks, bugs, and giant monkeys and lizards when they’re major characters. I still think most Transformers stories could use humans for scale/difference reasons, otherwise they run the risk of becoming just people (looking at later seasons of MTMTE for one example) and we could get desensitized to them. I remember thinking Movie Ratchet was a huge, big bulky Autobot for a time but eventually as time went on and I got used to it, he looked like your average guy and not a huge robot from another planet. I don’t know if that makes sense.

Also, no, that was Hamilton’s barely repressed crush, and later his son in Act II :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 You clearly don’t own a construct bot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Steven caple jr confirmed it 492B85B0-7F3A-454C-8522-D3AD5A25D2D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 5