Kids React - Transformers Episode

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, May 31, 2015.

1. nawhaley

nawhaley Member

Some of you bag on these kids a ton but honestly I thought most of them had good reasons for stating the things they did. People always down play this new generation me included but these kids seemed rather with it for the most part. Some of them liked it and that'ts great! Some of them didn't and well that's fine to. Transformers has endured as a product because its been able to adjust to each new generation while still catering enough to the old one to not alienate it (Alternators,Masterpiece). Not every product line has to be about me and you. Don't get me wrong my favorite Aesthetic overall is the G1 done masterpiece style followed by some of Cybertron and Animated (something about the simplicity of it makes me smile.). But I'm not going to knock anyone for liking the new one either the only new one of the lines I really don't like are the one step stuff they started doing those aren't really transformers and don't do kids any favors. Part of the fun was learning the puzzle of how to make it go from one shape to the other and the though process behind it.

2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    are you kidding? most of those kids looked under 10...jesus some of you guys are unrealistic on your expectations of children...

3. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Eh, they're kids, from their perspective, it makes sense. Although I think kids might actually prefer a cleaner look to Transformers now. The part where they showed comparisons between old and new seems to indicate that. When they used the Marvel guidebook thingy pictures where the Transformers look even dumpier than their TV versions, the kids totally prefer the newer versions. But for Optimus, they used a more modern art and the kids generally prefer that. In both scenarios, the odds were somewhat stacked, seeing as while the movie version of Optimus used was the newest, it wasn't the most iconic.

4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Why? They need to be "thankful" for it?

"Because without G1 we wouldn't have Transformers?"

There would just be another franchise. And another fandom expecting kids 30 years their senior to bow down to something that has nothing to do with them.

And just as much bitching.

5. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Defender of the Ark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Without using any profanity, sorry, I gotta say, all these kids are just stupid. My son is 9, thankfully I indoctrinated him correctly showing him all the TF series in chronological order, starting when he was about 5. His favorite is Cybertron (2006), and while I disagree with his opinion, at least I know he's seen the whole body of work to make an informed decision.

6. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Y'know the first time I watched the g1 toon in 2009, I did a spit take when Megatron turned into a gun, and thought "he turns into a gun, really?" :lol 

Be advised the only tf fiction I saw before that was the Unicron trilogy and the first two bay movies

7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the kid at 2:48 got it right! "This time I like the old one". We got a winner!

8. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You sir, have inspired me.

...to keep my possible future kids as far away from Transformers and its fandom as possible.

9. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    They're stupid because they haven't been force-fed to watch an entire series of cartoons and their informed decision (as in, what they've been informed about) is a gamut of kids who enjoy what they know as well as the opposite of actually giving what they don't know a shot?

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Aren't you being a little hypocritical here?

11. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I agree :) 

The only great comment was the girl who said it's always the same again, over and over and over. That's what TF is the repeat of the same not so bright story. It's very japanese in that way. I wish we got a break and something refreshing with completely new caracters. You could say rid 2015 is like that, but it's way to kiddy and the humor is not as good as TF animated. But we still got stuck with bumblebee...o i hate BB.

12. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

To be fair, he said he'd keep his kids away from the fandom. He never said anything about himself. :D 

13. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    I really don't get the stigma behind Meg's being a gun, is it because everyone nowadays are like "ooohhh guns are bad!"? I mean, maybe it is surprising to people nowadays that Saturday morning cartoons back then had violence. I mean, I don't really understand why it is so surprising to them, especially when i see them bringing THEIR children to movies like Mad Max all the time (seriously, there was a kid like 4 years old at the opening of fury road..)

14. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

its not because guns are bad, its because megatron becoming a tiny gun for other decepticons to hold is kinda dumb to me

15. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    I know there is that as well, but generally people are more shocked about the him turning into the gun itself and then also having him shrink down so others could weild him. Anyway, that is from what I have observed at least.

16. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Megs cant be a gun because if a kid were playing with megatron in gun mode and in a playful manner pointed said gun at a cop (or armed individual), that kid would be filled with so much lead before the cop (or armed individual) notices it was a toy gun. That's why Classics Megs looks like a ridiculous Nerf gun.

17. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when i was little i would watch any cartoon from the 50s up to the 80s, for example, disney, looney toons, and flintstones. these days most kids don't even know cartoons existed in the 20th century.

these days, cartoons are very non-violent. thankfully there is anime

schools are a lot more strict now. i know a person that got suspended for playing as power rangers during recess

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno about falling in love with it, I just felt that it was kinda unfair to compare simple line drawings with flat colourings to detailed and glossy artwork based off complicated CGI designs. It's an extremely uneven playing field. That's why G1 toy packaging character artwork would've been a more level thing to use for such comparisons.

I'd like to show them a copy of that Transformers Legacy G1 packaging artwork book and see what they made of that since a lot of it predates even those pieces of comic artwork they were shown. Although G1 Bumblebee's toy character artwork would probably still make them raise an eyebrow in surprise at just different it is from Bay 'Bee..

Actually, I'd be interested to see how these kids would feel about the character artwork for RID2015 if seeing it for the first time and all they'd previously known were the BayFormers movies. As I think someone said earlier, it would be interesting to see how these kids felt seeing Beast Wars characters or even TFA to judge if they're deciding based on design differences or just because what they were shown compared to BayFormers was old.

I'm surprised that with so many kids having easy access to the internet that if they were into Transformers through BayFomers that they wouldn't have come across previous versions of TF at some point. It's not like when I was a kid and there was no internet and if I wanted to know more about something I was interested in that getting that information was nigh on impossible.
    I'd kinda like more info on exactly what the kids in this video knew about TF previously. Is it strictly just the Bay movies? Do they watch or are aware of any of the other shows or read the comics or have some of the toys from the last decade? Have they checked out any of the online communities, because if they did they'd very quickly come to realise Transformers is way more than just the live-action movies.
    Some of these kids seem to realise there are no new ideas in the world and you'd think they'd have typed 'Transformers' into Google at some point and immediately come across things that were unfamiliar to them.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    But that implies he himself is not a fan doesn't it?

20. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Transformers is not required reading. I can't make much more sense with this ridiculous statement of yours, no offense.