Kidd Kradick Early review

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Opticris Prime, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fell for it. I am ashamed.

2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    thread won.

3. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Sorry but here you just confirmed me that marketing tactic really changed at Paramount for promoting Transformers movies.
    Since when Paramount and Michael Bay cared so much about what critics wrote on their reviews?
    Why is it all of a sudden so important having positive reviews if the studios really is so confident about having a stronger product to sell?
    The first two movies had very bad reviews and it was clear that competitors were paying them to bash the franchise. Officially no one could tell that of course but whoever is not blind and thinks a bit the obvious proves itself alone.

Paramount change of marketing tactic looks fishy at best. Now so much wanting positive reviews, the obvious looks Paramount paying for positive reviews for this movie just like other studios paid for having critics write negative reviews on the first two movies.
    That is what it looks like. And it's not good.

If Paramount really was so confident then its managers and marketing dept wouldn't have bothered a little bit about reviews and employees like you anticipating that we are going to read more positive reviews than what happened for the first two movies it's something I don't see as reassuring but only to be rather suspicious about.

4. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is not true. Blockbusters that are "good movies" usually have a bunch of reviews online weeks in advance because the movie is being well-received and the company knows they have a good product. I can't remember the last big blockbuster movie that embargoed reviews that was actually a good movie. Just look at some of the best reviewed movies of this year(whether you enjoyed them or not): Super 8, Thor, X-men first class, Bridemaids - these movies all had reviews online weeks in advance because the companies knew they had a good product. I remember reviews for Avatar, the Dark Knight, the original Iron Man online like a month + in advance.

5. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

>Sees someone who has a different opinion than everyone else, but still posts in calm, cool, and collected manner.

>watches everyone flame him and call him a troll for not buckling under pressure and changing his opinion after one post.

[​IMG]

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You couldn't have waited 'til Tuesday night to say this? These next few days are going to be long ones... Not that I mind the weekend, of course :D 

7. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    This speech made my head go :bay 

8. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    So let me get this straight. You're saying bad reviews are a good thing, and good reviews are a bad thing?

The fuck?

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Apologies; was not aware of this.

10. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's going to be a very lonnnnnnnnnng weekend.

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

He's on mine.

12. chojin998

It's the other way around.
    The first two movies proved that.
    Paramount wasn't in such an hurry promoting how good the movie had to look to either critics or journalists. They cared about actual customers, they were confident and humble, they didn't need the marketing push of positive critics and journalists telling people to watch the movies---actually it happened the opposite with all critics and journalists bashing both movies and only a few giving it average ratings, clearly showing competitors studios doing their best in the process to bring the movies down.
    But they failed, people chose regardless of what any critics or journalists said or thought.
    Having Paramount marketing machine so hard at work to please journalists and critics all of a sudden instead of actual people shows that something is really wrong with the product.

13. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    You said this on SFTE Nelson. No disrespect but you really are SPAMMING now lol. we all know the movie will rock, we dont need youre repetitive "This is the best of Bay's movies) act. And by the way, If you are not a Paramount employee, how did you get a hold of a script that you say you translated into Spanish? If you are not an Employee, I would think they would have had a real employee do that task. Not a overactive Bay fan such as yourself.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    This thread's turned into a clusterf**k.......a glorious clusterf**k, but a clusterf**k none the less.

15. Johnarnace

Johnarnace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EPIC.

16. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping you're right but I'm not seeing these reviews anywhere.

17. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Not even. Did you actually read his posts? His thinking is entirely non-sequitur. There's no logic to it that I can see.

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    True. Though was the final print for DOTM even finished a month ago? I don't think it was.

And even then, AICN did get a preview ages ago.

I suspect part of the reason it's under wraps is because of how they're up to the wire on finishing up the effects/editing. Even though Bay was smart enough to know that doing 3D would add a lot of time on to his schedule, it still takes a lot of time to do.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, because they won't be out until Monday.

20. chojin998

And yet you are here doing the hard marketing work... because obviously you don't need to and you don't have to .. Yeah, sure.
    How naive was I,uh?