KFCTOYS Skyshock & Blackcloud (3P MP Dreadwind and Darkwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm betting the designer didn't know the actual plane models so they just kinda made it up. Which is odd because it's a simple matter to look them up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Then why'd they post a drawing of an actual Tornado? (See first post). To show how they're NOT doing a proper alt-mode?

It just makes no sense to me, the G1's had more accurate jet modes.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please ask about the fate of the KFC Power Master Optimus Prime figure parts!!! Some of us have them preordered an were counting on them to arrive for christmas. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

So I take it this project is dead?

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    WHY DO THIS TO ME?!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Or maybe just put on hold for a long time - several pages back someone mentioned that KFC's lead designer was tired of doing TF's and wanted a break. And IIRC something about need to find a new designer to take over. Coupled with world events, I can wait. Even if KFC doesn't end up finishing this, someone will make these characters in MP form.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Likely the same deal with the KFC Junkions.

8. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

New boxes were shown for the new junkions the other day. They aren't completely dead

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that's true. I forgot about that.

10. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    It'd be nice if they were using the time to redesign to get rid of the F-15 parts, and replace them with Tornado parts, so that Darkwing could be 100% Tornado, instead of an F-15nado Frankenstein.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Dreadwind and Triggerhappy are two late G1 fliers I would love to own in MP form.

• Like Like x 1
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

From what I gather the Junkions are about to come out and these were supposed to come out later and had prototypes. Apparently, KFC lost their main designer so it took some time to get things back on board. I doubt they are done but XTB/KFC has just become so damn slow in recent years you cannot trust any deadline. I think after the Junkions come out you can start seeing some progress.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I would like they find a way to hide the arms elsewhere except under the wings.

14. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Indeed. I saw someone's custom of a mainline Triggerhappy to turn him into Pharma, which I would like to do at MP scale for my own purposes (even though I don't follow IDW, I like the idea of another med-bot :rolleyes: )

15. MasterScale

I'm surprised at how many MP scaled jet TF's still look like a folded up robot box under the top 1/4 of a jet. I can forgive, say MP Arielbots because it reminds me of the G1 toy, but over all I'd like to see more clean jet undersides.

• Like Like x 1
  16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I keep finding out about XTB/KFC’s growing backlog every day. Who has a larger backlog now, XTB/KFC or FT?

17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think FT has more quantity, but XTB/KFC have more aging backlog. Almost all of FT's announced figures are since 2018 (Trailbreaker and Blitzwing are older, Scourge and Devastator silhouettes are, Soundwave and Blaster were actually cancelled so I'm counting them since their revival). Older XTB/KFCs below have dates, ones without dates are since 2018.

EDIT: I went through to try and make a list, if you don't count FT's "All the Combiners" comment it is actually fairly close. KFC hasn't announced anything since 2018.

FT - Soundwave, Blaster, Scourge (2015), Blitzwing (2016), Trailbreaker (2016), Slingshot, Fireflight, Wildrider, Dragstrip, Dead End, "All the Combiners" (Devastator 2015 or 2016, the rest 2018 comment), Brawn, Beachcomber, Astrotrain, Seaspray 2.0, Perceptor 2.0, Huffer, Cliffjumper, Jazz, Mirage, Fortress Maximus.

XTB - Inferno (2015, last post about him in 2017 said it was expected that year despite all the others already out), Grapple (2015), Artfire (2015), Galvatron (2015), Kup (2015), Springer (2016), "Menasor" (for the trailer, 2017), Deathsaurus, Quintesson Judge, Quintesson Executioner, Autobot Spike, Elita-1, Legends scale Sideswipe (it was out of nowhere, but they announced it so it counts). There are also others teased in XTB box art which I didn't bother to count.

KFC - 4 Additional Junkions (the original announcement of Wreck Gar back in 2014 indicated as many as 10 or 11 Junkion designs, but only counting the 4 they have shown more of), Dreadwing, Blackwind, Buster, Hydra (they did tease both color decos for both molds, 2017), God Ginrai

There are other KFC/XTB threads, but I don't think they had any "official" information so I left them out. Things like e-mails the poster said were from Keith for example. I get the impression when someone has randomly asked Keith "are you doing character X?" he has never said no.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realized I should probably count the G2 Motormaster and toy Motormaster and Wildrider for XTB, and I assume G2 and toy "Menasor" (the trailer for anyone who didn't read the previous post).

Basically 1/3 of the XTB/KFC backlog are repaints or remolds so should in theory be faster than FT's all unique molds (besides Rumble/Frenzy and probably Fireflight/Slingshot [no signs of them doing Buzzsaw, though he seems obvious]). Considering how long it has taken to get the additional Junkions out that assumption of "faster" is probably incorrect though.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I think this is right. I think KFC has basically been sidelined after losing the main designer so that appears to have been resolved finally. Overall, XTB/KFC has just slowed down to about half of what they were and it has made no sense. They had that one great year and then regressed. My long suspicion of them has been poor and understaffed manufacturing engineering. 598 Robots probably has dozens of things done but XTB/KFC just don't get things moving through the system with any fluidity or consistency in process. This was a bad year to test them but hopefully some of this backlog starts getting out. We desperately need them with having lost ALL of the other G1 companies.

20. MasterScale

Way off topic, but I just looked up 598 Robots, found (his? her? them?) Twitter (Edit) and there was a Trailbreaker toy in a couple of pictures... it looked blue-ish in hue to me. Is that just the lighting, or is there a Diakron repaint incoming?

Last edited: May 28, 2020