KFCToys E.A.V.I. Metal Phase 11A Stratotanker (Octane)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Grendel163

Grendel163 Galactic Transcender

I just want someone to make a decent toon accurate Sandstorm. I think he's the last triple changer left to do. (Im not counting Unique Toys Sworder) transformers_g1_sandstorm_by_godzillaboi193_de4fepg-fullview.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arguably, Broadside too

• Like Like x 3
  3. Grendel163

Grendel163 Galactic Transcender

I forgot about him. transformers_g1_broadside_by_godzillaboi193_de4fci7-fullview.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I have the Fansproject Assaulter from another time but was never lucky enough to get someone to convert the Carrier model kit for to fake a flat top shield when in robot form. I also have UT Sworder. XTB's iBot hinted at doing Broadside in chat one time but also Rodimus Prime and Overlord, which I am more inclined to believe the latter. I think Sandstorm is incredibly difficult because I could see bot and car mode finding a toon match but the honus would be on getting the copter mode right and I think it would be incredibly difficult to turn that all into a dune buggy. Sworder for its failings got two very good modes and then a weiner mobile compromise. Likewise, Assault (with prehistoric engineering and hardware) got a bot mode a servicable jet and then something no one understands but could have a flat top added to it. I actually think that design makes more sense for the figure than trying to force a carrier and jet together.

I am assuming that FT left these alone (Octane, Broadside, and Sandstorm) first because of lack of popularity and definitely because of difficulty. Maybe they revisit that at some point. XTB might be the best option for design but I would greatly wonder about the engineering. I think either XTB or FT needs to do the Autobot and Decepticon Targetmasters and I imagine the longer MT doesn't finish the Autobot Headmasters that FT will just do the new set to match with their Cerebros.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    He needs to be as large as Omega Supreme (or bigger) i want a big Carrier and a big Spaceship

• Like Like x 1
  6. Enfin

Enfin Destron

I hope they will re-re-release this figure with G1-toy colours and silver faces. It still looks very good. Apart from the hip skirts/side skirts. Nice foot/toe articulation and expressive hands.