KFCToys E.A.V.I. Metal Phase 11A Stratotanker (Octane)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 11, 2015.

1. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I apologize if this isn't the right place to bring this up, but:

I bought a copy of Stratotanker form Bababobo a few weeks ago. I've bought from him a few times before and I've never had any issues and my figures have always arrived quickly and painlessly. But this whole transaction has felt kinda off. For example, I had to recontact him/them 10 days after I paid to ask if it ever shipped, at which point I finally got a response saying the figure shipped (I usually get the shipping notification really quickly, like within 48 hours of paying). Also for some reason every email in this transaction was followed with an email with just a smiley face in it and I was like "huh, that's new." Anyway I was like well it'll get here when it gets here, but today(July 13th) I checked the tracking and was met with a really strange tracking history that doesn't look like the other tracking for the other figures I've gotten. So basically I wanted to see if anybody else who has ordered from Baba in the past sees anything unusual about any of this. I don't buy from Chinese sellers really, but I've never had this happen with Baba before and it just feels really fishy. Anyway here's the end of the tracking history: Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.47.10 PM.png

2. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

I was considering this guy but I think I will need to hold off. That’s a shame. XTB/KFC need to fix their manufacturing issues if they want to people to pay the prices they are demanding.

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If the FT and XTB prices have taught me anything, it’s that people don’t care about good figures. As long as it looks ok, they’ll pay hundreds. Even if the thing explodes they are fine with it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Do you have a photo of the part you're talking about? Is it this?

[​IMG]

5. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Can somebody clear something up for me? For the new metallic one do they have a new box that says 11-A+ and with the correct year or are they still using the exact same box from 2017?

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    People are crazy about FT because they mess up things less often than XTB, the paint, the diecast (for very stupid reasons) and the fanboys.

FT also take the QC more serious than XTB. Not saying that stupid sticker they use means something.

7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I got mine today and it's pretty much a floppy mess, especially the feet and ankles. I messed with it for about 30 minutes and couldn't get it to stand but once in a half drunken pose. Ditka was a JOY compared to this.

If there is a trick to to feet and legs getting it to stand and look right, I'd love to hear what it is. The feet on mine can't support the weight of the body and he leans forward and sideways, anything but standing up straight. I tried to cant the legs out, angle him, nothing works. The pins are pretty tight, it just seems that he has too much weight on that little ankle joint.

I got this guy to replace Provider and while he looks the part, I honestly don't see me putting this one in for the replacement unless I can figure something out. I'm leaning towards just throwing it in the trash and calling it a day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Do u have the bar the foot is attached to tabbed in. I had problems with mine til i realized those werent snug. Now he's decent. Not perfect but holds a pose.

Edit: i should add that though he doesnt need it i have his wings angled back a little to brace against the wall. I dont trust that the tabs will hold forever. Definitely hope for a better version some day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *sigh* Guess I'll be waiting for FT to do it right, once again. Rug-pulled by Keith @ibot on the materials and QC yet again.

• Like Like x 3
  10. boomerdave

I'm pretty sure it was. There is a round peg up in the middle of the leg and a tiny tab down low right?

Not going to lie, I got frustrated with it and just stuffed it back in the box after the 30 minutes and haven't opened it since. It seems like the feet slide around so not sure how to counter that as well. I even tried getting him to stand on the cardboard shipping box he came in (which was pretty rough-ish feeling) and he slid around on that. The ankle tilts don't hold a position so as soon as the weight of the figure goes down, they just splay outwards unless you have him standing perfectly upright. I thought about maybe some Future or super glue to tighten those pins connections but they aren't really floppy, they just can't hold the weight as far as I can tell.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sure that's exaggeration but I'll buy it off you if you really just want to toss it. I don't mind trying involved fixes and printing new parts if I have to.

• Like Like x 2
  12. boomerdave

No I'm pretty much sure I'm going to toss it if I can't get it to stand. Better to be rid of it than have the box there looking at me reminding me of a crap purchase. I'm no amateur at doing TF repairs and mods to get things going. I've never seen one like this. If you want to buy it, I'm sure we can work something out. I'm going to go home after work and take one more look at it and if I can't get it to at least stand proper, I don't mind selling it at a vast discount on it or tossing it out if no one really wants it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe you got a dud? Try to get a replacement.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OK, just let me know.

15. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    The foot/leg design is probably the worst idea I think ive ever seen. Im sure there is a reason they did it but i highly doubt its something that will hold up over time without some major tinkering. Im honestly dumbfounded over it

• Like Like x 1
  16. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I got mine in and all the joints are nice and tight, paint looks beautiful. I was all ready to regret this purchase but it looks damn good and that's after I hated the first run.

• Like Like x 2
  17. boomerdave

Normally I would but my usual vendor didn't stock these so I got it from TCP. Not sure how they handle replacements for defective figures.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Its worth contacting them at least. Ive never had to have anything replaced thru them but they are good dudes

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Joints on mine are pretty good too. Its just literally the actual design of the feet. Why hang them off that long narrow bar and expect them to hold a position?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Not to disparage anyone's bad fortune, but man, sometimes I feel like Keith must hand select the creme of the crop to send me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now if only Takara would do the same...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6