KFC Tempest

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Hijacker, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hijacker

Hijacker Member

Well just got him in the mail today. i have been eagerly anticipating him...and......well read on.

Appearance: 7/10
    IMO this is the best mold of Cyclonus released to date. but that doest mean it isnt down right fugly in some areas. Namely the arms and legs are too short which makes him appear kind of stubby.
    The headsculpt is a great likeness to G1 and he has a great smirk/scowl that displays his personality well.
    I dont know what it is, but the purple tint of his paint does not show up well on camera, but trust me, he is more purple than blue and his limbs are a nice contrasting lavender color.
    HANDS SUCK! no excuse for this. just lazy development.
    I added a set of G1 repros to add some much needed detail.

Build Quality: 8/10
    This is my first KFC and i gotta say that its good. The plastic used is good and thick, he feels sturdy.
    Although if you get him, the first thing you should do is turn that fucker over and tighten his screws. they were not tight at all and the joints were all over the place. but it was easily remedied with the aforementioned screw job....lol.
    everything tabs into place securely and nicely, although there is no real click or tactile feel when it does. That being said once its tabbed it is difficult to untab, which i prefer for stabilty anyway.
    Paint apps are very precise and not sloppy at all although most of the figure is molded in the primary purplish color.
    Overall.... yeah, its good

Size:5/10
    Not what i expected. i ordered him when it was still beleived that he would scale well with Mania king. Not at all. See pics. I would say he is in between a deluxe and a voyager leaning more toward the voyager scale. The detail is nice, but damn it, he just ain grown up yet..

Transformation: 9/10
    His alt mode is easily the best cyclonus jet ever! enough said!
    His transformation is intuitive and fun. Just one weird thing involved in the process, and thats getting his alt mode jet nose kibble past his head and tucked nicely into his back.

Nightstick: 6/10
    Meh.... good detail but floppier than Kirsty Alley's tits. kinda let down

Overall, i give him an 8/10. I believe he is superior to the hastak in every way. But Someone seriously needs to upscale this mold to make it all the better.

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    This should probably be moved to the 3rd Party Forum...

3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm glad that you like him.. but i'm sorry, i think it looks awful. i think it's just way off base from the character model.. i don't mind the color so much, it's just the proportions, the face.. i would just expect something better out of them.

it's not terrible. i just think there's major room for improvement.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You posted these images in the 3rd party thread an hour prior. No need to make a separate thread in the wrong forum.

Edit: on second thought, moved to 3rd party reviews :) 

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Its so......square looking

6. Hijacker

Hijacker Member

it is squarey yes but i think its a better G1 representation of cyclonus than hastak.
    any way i plan to custom this dude by retrofitting dome beter legs to in crease height. and reworking the arms.

7. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

I've never known Kristy Alley's tits to be used as a floppy scale...yet I approve...

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Size it way to small for my needs.

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    So much lost potential here.

10. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kristy Alley has real tits? :eek: 

11. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Wow...I know comparing something in hand to something in pictures is usually a bad idea, but this thing looks horrendous.

In my opinion, the Hasbro/Takara Cyclonus is better looking in every possible way. I guess maybe this guy's bigger, or whatever, but his proportions look TERRIBLE. His head is massively oversized, and those arms look way too short.

Yeah, I'll just stay happy with the figure I bought for less than $20. If you want to pay third party prices for this guy, that's none of my concern, but I just can't see the appeal.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Glad I finally got a version of the original Jizaitoy that actually holds together, it's such a nice design compared to the gappy HasTak version.