KFC P-14 Raijin (Ginrai) P-15 Grand Raijin (Super Ginrai Trailer) and P-16 Raiju (God Bomber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Dec 7, 2018.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least it isn't 2015 like people waiting on XTB Galvatron or 2016 for anyone still waiting for FT Blitzwing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Magnum Optimus

Magnum Optimus Well-Known Member

Am I crazy because I want both the KFC and the Takara versions? I see the KFC P-15 Grand Raijin is available for sale before the P-14. I honestly like the Ginrai version of both the Takara and the KFC though the KFC's back definitely looks better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Nope. Not crazy at all. For me the Takara hits the toy pmop chords. KFC hits the screen Ginrai look. Could be argued they're completely different characters :p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This image was doing the rounds a while back showing Super G combined with God Bomber. I agree, the GB platforms will add possibly 2 inches to the height of Super G.

1049BAE1-E641-4CE8-99CA-779D8837975B.jpeg

We know Fans Hobby Double Evil is 14.7 inches tall so KFCs God Ginrai will be looking down on the tallest Overlord we currently have.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

It's going to be looking down on pretty much everything except MP combiners. Still have no idea why they went with that size.

7. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or go with Takara for Super Ginrai/PMOP, KFC for core bot and FH for vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    FH is not for me, looks like shit. I'd go original g1 for alt personally.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Magnum Optimus

I already have the PowerBaser with the upgrade kits. I actually like it.

Probably going to get the complete sets from Takara and KFC. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Powermaster Optimus Prime was my first official TF toy. I remember the day I got it, along with an issue of Swamp Thing - Quest for the Elementals: V. Some day in June of 1991 when I was five years old, going by the issue date of the comic.

He eventually ended up in my sandbox, lost for years. I replaced him when Hasbro reissued the figure in the early 2000s.

Attached Files:

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    In the show Star saber and God Ginrai are close to combiner size.
    Victory Saber is almost combiner sized about a half a head shorter. Dai Atlus is combiner size.
    screenshot_1172.png screenshot_1173.png

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    We all crazy. I’ve gone nuts with PM prime for some reason. 4 of the original (2 us, 2 jpn), the nucleon quest, both colors of the Maketoys, power baser, this one, and I’m getting the Takara MP.

I think I’ve seen worse, though, I’m sure I’ve seen collections where people have bought every power based recolor.

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Keith originally promised an Overlord as well. In general, I think the leader size was supposed to be around 17 inches compared to the 20+ inch combiners so they could be believable opponents. I also believe this meant that eventually Keith wanted to do a Star Saber as well. I may have missed it but I believe Zeusaurus is something like 15-16 inches but could be wrong. I still don't know how much of that is Zyros original design.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    XTB Deathsaurus is reported to be circa 15 inches tall which is similar to the combined Takara Star Saber and KFC Simba.

The Overlord character is taller than Deathsaurus so what you say about Keith wanting to put out an Overlord figure being 17 inches tall is plausible and as you say these characters would be believable opponents to the 20 inch combiners we have.

I’d be open to somebody having a crack at Overlord and Star Saber. Whilst I love MMC Star Convoy it is a pity the bot mode is not taller around 16 inches. I wouldn’t mind seeing another company have a crack at Star Convoy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Aye, but there's the rub: Nothing else on the market matches that scale, and there's nothing on the horizon that actually will. Even XTB's Deathsaurus is going to scale with the TT/KFC Victory Saber. It'd be a different matter if they had their own Star Saber (and others) lined up, but even then, the backlog for KFC/XTB is so big that we'd probably see armageddon happen before we get anything else from Victory.

Just strikes me as odd, that's all.

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Get what you like, you'd be amazed how much stuff made to match might come out later. When I got into legends, I was just going to get a few, Optimus, Megatron and a few bots. Now I have an elaborate display and so many bots I'm worried about running out of room again.

Over time we have gotten many figures that 20 years ago people on the boards said they would never make figures of. Or it would be too big to make etc.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

The reason why XTB's plans strike you as odd is that XTB has abandoned their plans numerous times to keep up with the Jones'. XTB always had a plan of leaders, groups (movie characters), minibots but they always strayed from the focus. They were the best company I ever saw in terms of design and speed in going from 0-80% on a figure but always got stuck that last 20% with tolerance, cutting corners, overengineering, quality, etc. Starting with Klaatu they got in a run of about 13 figures in a row that were quality and consistent and were moving through their backlog. Getting stalled with Menasor opened them back up to the crazy disorganization we had seen in the past and then they announced all of these new figures as they were clearing out some of the backlog. This always jumping to something new without finishing things has always derailed them. If XTB wasn't competing with FT on the next 10-20 figures we could have a Rodimus Prime, Star Saber, Overlord, Dai Atlas, Star Convoy, Super Megatron, Sonic Bomber, Roadfire, Buster/Hydra, Fembots, along with their Abaddon and Zeusaurus that would excite the fan base and get reissues.

I know that Keith has a hangup about the post toon shows but I believe the market is either there now or never. The longer we see this tit for tat battle making the same figures over and over again the market will die like it did in the beginning. If people see these later figures come out the market opens up to the possibility that they will get made. If no Godmasters or Pretenders ever get touched well then of course no market will be there. Maketoys made it appear as though the Headmaster market didn't exist but they only did a couple of figures in 7-8 years. FT did the Decepticons and have had reissues. The fanbase wants these things but why buy a single figure from a company like Maketoys when I have no guarantee they will ever get made. The thing that makes me mad about XTB is that they had prototypes for Autobot X and Buster/Hydra (announced on the freakin' Apollyon box) but appear to have abandoned them. The one thing that has kept FT and XTB in high regard on the delays is that no matter how long both companies have stalled they have consistently put out everything they promised until now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Magnum Optimus

As I am looking at more pictures of the KFC figures, it seems like the red is a bit pink. Is it just me?

18. Gshell

Gshell Well-Known Member

I have the trailer of Ginrai and he doesnt look pink in the slightest in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    spiderman-tobey-maguire.gif

20. Magnum Optimus

Can you share a photo taken with flash and one without?

Camera phones these days distort color representation and I've had issues with misleading product photos lately. I know my camera on my S22 Ultra distorts color representation when no flash is used.