Customs: KFC hands help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TM2 Dinobot, Dec 28, 2016.

1. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am trying to get the KCF Black Optimus Hands on the Perfect Effect Long Haul arms. Problem is they are both female ports. I'm a pretty good customizer, but I am stumped. The obvious solution is polystyrene, but I have none and there is no place in Houston that sells it. So I am open to other ideas. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't think of anything immediate. You'll need some sort of supplies so you might as well find someplace to order styrene from though I doubt it would be strong enough on its own. Personally, I'd get a small metal dowel or screw, cut the post of the PE hand, drill a small hole into the back of the peg for the screw/dowel, use epoxie or maybe apoxie (epoxy clay) to attach the peg with the screw/dowel to the hand (and fill in the female port on it).

The screw would be there to strengthen the connection. Epoxie is pretty good but the connecting point is still gonna be weaker than the surrounding plastic, hence the screw.

3. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got to messing around with some nuts and bolts and I got it fixed to a point I am satisfied with. Thanks for the suggestion!

Attached Files: