KFC EAVI METAL Ditka (MP Blitzwing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Darkprime, Aug 21, 2015.

1. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

bot mod is great. now lets see the other modes!

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Love the design, love the figure, there is no alternative. This is definitely make it or break it time for Keith. His designs are the best and his quality is the worst. He has a ton of figures coming out in the next couple of months. If he knocks it out of the park they own this area, if he sh*#s the bed again they have multiple figures they may not be able to sell and that will take him out.

3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to be contrary, but that's what people say with every KFC/XTB release. The fact is, they have an established design and quality, and enough people are satisfied enough with that balance to buy the figures.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

So is this the definitive MP Blitzwing? I'm never good at knowing which company to choose when it comes to 3P.

5. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

They should really get out of the action figure business and into the statue business. There would be a lot less complaints.

6. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

+1
    Do most of the poeple bashing KFC even own KFC product? Its easy to jump on that bandwagon I guess, but I haven't had any issues with their stuff. Transistor is still one of my favorite 3P figures and I've had zero issues with the two that I own. Obviously higher quality releases are going to drive more trust and sales just as QC issues are going to drive some people away. The bad press/rep isn't enough to stop me from pre-ordering this beauty.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I own both Transister and Apollyon. Was patient enough to wait for the V2 of each and overall satisfied. Even the V2 don't feel as polished as V1s from some of the other 3Ps like FT, MMC, MT.

I have no experience at all with DX9, but their rep seems a bit better than KFC/XTB

8. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

they are one of reasons i try to resist preorders... i still buy most of their products but I don't wanna be surprised by new color choices or defective first run parts

patience is something i need, much more than an MP blitzwing... but the latter can be purchased and is a hell-of-a lot more fun

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1. Either that or just continue making fully articulated hands for official MPs. I'll admit those are usually pretty good, except for the ones for MP10 in which the Eness hands are better.

10. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

There's no such thing. Only "Is this the Blitzwing for you?"

It's like asking if this is the definitive pizza. Opinions on that matter and even what that is supposed to be vary wildly.

11. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Best thing to do is read these threads, go over as many reviews as you need to decide for yourself. Also, the best is if you have a way to check out the figures in person.

For me, no amount of quality means anything unless the design looks good to me first. In the case of Blitzwing, both versions look good but KFC is a bit better and need to see alt modes to know more. So far, my experience with KFC/XTB products is that they seem to be fine but they may be on the lower end (on par with or probably just above official Takara products) when it comes to QC. As long as the figure you get is clean, you should be good and luckily, the company and retailers seem to be very good when it comes to customer service and solving any issues you might have.

Overall, KFC/XTB have the best looking designs and character selection for me so they are the go to company over all others including official.

12. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

Sometimes the official TT MP isn't even the definitive MP...

*looks at MP05*

13. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Exactly!

14. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

I second this. keith...man, I don't know where you got your designers from but I think among the 3P designers they are among the best, if not the best. So continue bribing them with what ever it is you are using. But quality wise please don't f---k it up now.

15. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

MP05 was, is and is to be an awesome pile of fresh poop shit. The smelliest of the smelliest.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do get tire of the constant (and often undeserved) bashing of KFC/XTB- but putting their QC above Takara seems to maybe be too kind.

17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    wonder when fanstoys are going to jump on the triple changer train? got to be on the early horizon

18. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    Oh jeez, They both look so good it's going to be a tough choice between this one and DX-9s!

19. wardamnpjm

wardamnpjm Well-Known Member

I think Keith must have kicked in the door of some of these folks and molested their collection.....damn.

I've been lucky I guess. I own Appolyon,Transistor(solid red ver),Andras,Boost,Hatch,and Arkose. I haven't had any major problems with any of them. My biggest problems with KFC/XTB are tolerances. Having said that I understand why some who have gotten bad figures(some multiple) would feel the way they do.

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this Blitzwing. I like both offerings,but I think the aesthetic of XTB fits what I'm looking for a little better. I'm def going to wait for reviews and do some research before I pull the trigger on a Blitzwing. Patience will be a virtue on this purchase!

20. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this figure's look and hope he has tighter tolerances and is less loose than Transistor feels. On the other hand, if he feels at least as tight as Transistor, he will be extremely hard for me to resist as... I loves me some Transistor lol.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016